Real race car steering wheel rims on Xbox One!

Comments

• A 2 second improvement is actually huge. Ask any pro driver if they'd take a 2 second improvement on their best lap and they'd be ecstatic.
  • Chris Broshar im Pretty sure i can get 2 secs at least!!! My best time before tonight was a 2:29 and i Set that last june... its been a While since ive played forza... I Dont think the Few Drinks i Had tonight helped much either!!! LOL ...Yes Really...once i get back into the Forza Zone with the v2 2 secs should be easy... The car Had alot more to Give but i played it easy better to keep the lap clean than to Have to Run it again cause i Pushed it too much... i just hooked the TX up tonight so i can Run a Few laps and post a time in Natalie Bissels Hot lap Challenge... When she gets her Hub She will have a Good time to Shoot for...i wanna Know if She Really faster than Me with Heels on....LOL... I May go back at it make her Work Harder to beat it... Lets see how long it take her to get this 1.
  • Im Finaly Done!!! I Spent most of the day adjusting my set up Seating Position and moving my v1 pedals...You would be surprused just How Much a 1/2 inch can throw your Driving off!!! The V2 base sits in the same mounting spot my CSR E was in but Due to the Larger Rim Size of the 918 porsche Rim it pokes out just about 1/2in More than the CSR E...Ive have the v2 since December and i found myself constantly adjusting my arms or legs to get a good comfortable feel after a while if Racing if i move back then im Stretching my legs too much and i start Locking the Brakes up in every corner and could Not Properly Feather the Throttle inTurns... if i Moved in i found my self with Not enough Room to Move my Arms Freely to be able to make Hair pin turns... I Finaly Measured both wheels and figured out what the Difference was and was able to Re-adjust my pedals to taste. I built my set up to fit and feel like im in my 350z Very Cozy Comfy and Snuggg. I was very surprised that 1/2 inch difference make such a Huge impact on my Lap times.
  • Natalie BNatalie B Member, Moderator, Betatester
    @Grimey
    Hehe :)

I'm not just gonna beat you in my heels Grimey, I'm gonna thrash you ;) and not just any heels, but the biggest most uncomfortable ones I own :p /jk

I'm hoping that everything is still ok with the beta testing, as I haven't heard anything back from Thomas at all regarding beta testing or reporting procedures. Do you think he's forgotten me :(

Oh and to downgrade the car you can just buy it again you cheapskate ;) or I think you can auto tune it back to default using the auto tune up option maybe :)

@Chris
    I agree 2 seconds is a lot to gain. A race driver though is likely already close to his best, for me though, I'm still learning and Think I could gain a few seconds as my lap was scruffy, skittish and nervous.

With a smoother run I think I could bank a good quarter second a corner if I can enter smoother and keep the back end under control on the exit :)

@Andrew
    That's your car.
    That's great. I'm going to absolute trash that car every time I see it, I'll never give it any respect on the track EVER :P /jk

It looks great, this is why I would have loved to have had the opportunity to be involved, but it's going to fun racing the AI of someone I know IRL :)

I'm loving the rims posted above too. I suppose the great thing about the hub is the ability to use a wheel from an actual race car which for some is really desirable. There's no other product that offers that I suppose at this price range.

• Now that my V2 is back in Place i Ran GT6 right after My FM5 Session with the TX so i could have a Fresh FM5 vs GT6 Wheel physics comparison!!! While FM5 Looks Much Better Graphics wise i must say that GT6 feels Right on Par and better in alot of ways Physics wise than FM5!!! GT6 Really has Good Wheel Physics programmed into it and the V2 Brings them all to Life!!! I Just Hope when im able to play FM5 with the V2 that the wheel physics Really Come Alive better than with the TX other than that Turn10 will Not get any more $$$ From me ive Never been too impressed with their wheel physics formula and if the V2 cant bring the best out of FM5 like it did GT6 then it will be just another Forza game thats a Huge let down. jmo
  • Natalie Bissell Its easier for you to upgrade to 900pp than it is for me to Hook up the TX/T500 Pedals again... Plus that time is Locked on the Leader Boards abd i wont beat it with a Downgraded Slower car... I Actually Have 2 of the BMW's i just jumped in the wrong 1and didnt realize it untill it was too late... Upgrade your pp to 900 that makes it easier and will get you higher on the Leader boards too.
  • That's enough pp talk. Keep it clean fella. [-X
    edited April 2015
    That's good to know Grimey :-bd

I like these direct comparisons, it's interesting to see/feel the differences between the games and now that we will be able to do this with the exact same hardware (with the release of the hub) It's going to be very interesting reading about these direct comparisons in the coming weeks.

Latest time updates:

Jason - 2.26.130 (Pad Clean)
    Kyle - 2.27.750 (Pad Clean)
    Natalie - 2.29.433 (Pad Clean)
    Josha - 2.31.845 (Pad Clean)
    Grimey - 2.29.595 (Dirty) - 2.21.598 (Wheel/Clean/R900)
    *Trevor - 2:48 - (Pad Clean)
    *I'm particularly interested in seeing the comparison for Trevor's results as he is a sufferer of chronic arthritis who physically can't use a pad for an extended period of time. Meaning that without peripherals such as the hub, his passion for racing may be out the question for him (on some platforms).

When his hub arrives we can see just how much his time (and overall racing experience) is improved (on FM5) by the arrival of the hub.

Because of this device he can now use his Fanatec setup to be competitive on a platform/game that was previously unavailable. That's a really interesting point I think.

Please note:
    I confirmed that it was ok to share this Information on here, with Trevor (via PM) before posting it. I can't wait to see how much the wheel transforms his particular racing experience.

BMW #92 M3 GT2 (Completely Stock - No upgrades - No Tuning - No Tyre Changes etc)
    Circuit de Spa-Francorchamps

XBOX ONE PAD/Controller

Suggested Line -OFF
    ABS -OFF
    Steering -SIMULATION
    TCS -OFF
    Manual Shifting -YES
    Damage -COSMETIC

Post your before (pad) times and after (hub) times for fun and to help pass the time until the hub arrives :D
    edited April 2015
    That's enough pp talk. Keep it clean fella. [-X

@Grimey even asked me to "upgrade your pp"
    I didn't want to say anything, you know, in case he didn't know. But I don't even have a pp X_X

@Grimey no more talk of your pp or what you want to do with it ok............ Except in PM :O)
  • @Kyle Yea I'm not sure I'll improve much either, but it'll be fun trying :) particularly because I can then directly compare my time to the wheel. I've not done this comparison with Forza before, just other titles.

I also found that the lap I did on the pad was stressful and I never felt totally in control. Exactly like you say, long corners were harder on the pad as I couldn't get a smooth and consistent turn.

You're right Its definitely the experience, immersion and fun factor that a wheel brings to the table but it's gonna be fun compairing the pad vs hub times :)

Kyle do you run in a league online or are you mainly solo or open lobby? What's your preferred series?
    I used to run leagues on 2 and 3 but not recently. I mainly play online with friends in lobbies. Although we haven't played on the Xbox in a long while. I think this was the first time i played forza for a good 8-9 months. Its not the same without a wheel.

I had another go and got a 2.24.614 clean
  • If I pre-order an XBox-One rim, would I get an invite code for a CSW v2 hub?  I bought a GT2 wheel, pedals, etc. nearly 5 years ago but still haven't received an invite code :(  Don't want to order a rim if I can't order a hub too........  As it is it looks like I'd get the hub before the rim even if I could order both.  End of August ... damn!
    @Thomas - tried to order an XBO rim today and ticked the box for a CSW-V2 base (ignoring the €50 extra it'd cost me to order like this) ... only to find I can't add it to my cart because I don't have an invite code.

I bought a GT2 wheel, pedals, shifter set in 2010 so was hopeful of getting an invite code already ... but no :(  I thought ordering an XBO rim would grant me access to ordering a CSW-V2 (after all there's no point having one without the other) ... but no :(

I know you're a small company, not much cashflow, etc ... but please, this situation is plain daft.  How about allowing orders for bases to include orders for XBO rims?

Alternatively ... anyone fancy sending me an EU invite code?
  • Gavin...PM

• @Grimey even asked me to "upgrade your pp"
    I didn't want to say anything, you know, in case he didn't know. But I don't even have a pp X_X

@Grimey no more talk of your pp or what you want to do with it ok............ Except in PM :O)
    That's ok, you can borrow mine, Natalie...
    edited April 2015
    :\">

Well I'm not sure what to say now :D
    So here's the latest time updates and Kyles impressive improvement :-bd
    Kyle - 2.24.614 (Pad Clean)
    Jason - 2.26.130 (Pad Clean)
    Natalie - 2.29.433 (Pad Clean)
    Josha - 2.31.845 (Pad Clean)
    Grimey - 2.29.595 (Dirty) - 2.21.598 (Wheel/Clean/R900)
    *Trevor - 2:48 - (Pad Clean)

Requirements:
    BMW #92 M3 GT2 (Completely Stock - No upgrades - No Tuning - No Tyre Changes etc)
    Circuit de Spa-Francorchamps

XBOX ONE PAD/Controller

Suggested Line -OFF
    ABS -OFF
    Steering -SIMULATION
    TCS -OFF
    Manual Shifting -YES
    Damage -COSMETIC

Post your before (pad) times and after (hub) times for fun and to help pass the time until the hub arrives :D
  • Trevor GeddisTrevor Geddis Member
    edited April 2015
    Nat, you might want to transfer these results to an Excel sheet. Easy to monitor results and calculate percent improvement, etc. Also, easy to attach the file here as time passes. It will be quite a while before you get any feedback from the results using a rim/base. Your project might get lost, buried in the thread.  Just something to think about. Cheers!
    edited April 2015
    Very good idea. I shall make it so :)
  • edited April 2015
    Im too Lazy to Hook my TX up again and Run it at Stock pp...Maybe i will before my vacation is over...Hmmmm i think the times would be maybe 2 or 3 sec diff... Running at Lower pp should be almost as quick because the car will be more stable... with Spa its only that first straight and last curverd straight before the right left to the finish that the extra power will give any reward other than that the extra power hurts you because the car is Very Slippery and will Really test your ability to Feather and control the throttle!!!
  • Hello Fanatec, does the XBox One wheel work wireless? Do I need a pc to update the firmware, or does a Mac work or better via USB stick.? At the website is no discription

I ordered the wheel with the GT wheel and got an shipping date of 28th of May which is fine for me since Project CARS will have an similar release date.

Wheel base V2 is waiting since day one unused :( Eigth weeks additional waiting should be possible :)

It does not work wireless. It uses the USB of the base.

You definitely need a PC to update the firmware or boot your Mac in PC mode
    That is very sad Thomas, since the Xbox One has an improved low latency wireless functionality. Maybe with the next wheel. What is the problem there? (time, technical skills?)

I think I prefer the wired solution as there should be much less chance of a dropped connection, more resolution in pedal/wheel (likely) and less latency. But I can definitely see why a wireless solution would be highly desirable.
    Hi Natalie,

that is not true. Microsoft has managed to improve the wireless latency with the Xbox One, the PS4 does not has this functionality, therefore there is no disadvantage to a wired solution.

I just can't understand why Fanatec is not able to make a really great solution for the customers, they had some much time to develop and test and the result is mediocre.

1. No dedicated wheel for Xbox (I would have developed 3 Versions including fixed buttons)
    2. No wireless support! why not? the great new technology is there and works like a charm, the low latency is especially important for  shooters and it works really great (this is a great benefit to the PS4, but nobody speaks about it). For racing games there is even no need for this high level (low latency). But Thomas just missed this and I think this really sucks!
    3. The proposed wheel looks crapy, like a piece of "we would like to make cannot make it" (sorry Thomas) but to attach each wheel does not make it better.
    4. I just bought the base2, the shifter and already got the Club-Pedals 2 with an racing seat and the whole stuff is waiting since last year. I don't really care about the pricing, but I can really understand the other driving fans!
    5. No update functionality via USB-Stick! Why not? not everyone has a PC. There are so many customers with a Mac or Linux. Do I rally must install a virtual machine on my Mac to get the wheel updated? I really don't have time for this bullshit!

So! what is the result after so much wasted time? - A wheel which is already have been designed plus the ominous MS chip plus what??? Common Thomas, are you kidding?

Communication is absolute inferior to your customers Thomas! If I would have had a base version one and would have sold it just because of your advertisements I would be really mad.

Sorry for being so direct, but Thomas, your have so much potential with your company and you don't really use it! 

1st mover with Xbox wheel - none
    2nd: months after release of Xbox One a inferior solution which already is know and looks mediocre.
    3rd: technical possibilities and particularly not used and integrated (such as the new cool wireless data transfer of Xbox One).

Just to be clear: the wheels are fine, the bases are fine, but there is a huge amount of improvement regarding technical aspects, communication and commitment to your customers and overall your pricing management.

Conclusion: NO new wheel! no new technology (just the availability to connect to Xbox One via cable) and this for months of development?!?!?!?

Thomas; as I am a german customer (probably some other citicens will see this in a different way) I just want to be direct and tell you my feedback, so you can improve this in future!

Best regards
    Alexander
    PS. hope my delivery date will not be postponed! Just like it happened in the past! 
  • Out of pure misery I'm gonna try and bitmap the BMW #92, stock, manual with clutch.

My Fanatec gear practice/try out ended when my PS3's laser died on me...doesn't read ANY discs no more. BUT allready ordered a new one and replace it myself....hopefully then I can race with the BMW rim again...
  • Ps. I really REALLY hate it to go back to the controller now I'm getting used to the wheel. I really suck at driving with a pad.....my driving skills immediately improved back on a wheel...Damn I hate it..
  • Jason ShafferJason Shaffer Member
    edited April 2015
    Hello Fanatec, does the XBox One wheel work wireless? Do I need a pc to update the firmware, or does a Mac work or better via USB stick.? At the website is no discription

I ordered the wheel with the GT wheel and got an shipping date of 28th of May which is fine for me since Project CARS will have an similar release date.

Wheel base V2 is waiting since day one unused :( Eigth weeks additional waiting should be possible :)

It does not work wireless. It uses the USB of the base.

You definitely need a PC to update the firmware or boot your Mac in PC mode
    That is very sad Thomas, since the Xbox One has an improved low latency wireless functionality. Maybe with the next wheel. What is the problem there? (time, technical skills?)

I think I prefer the wired solution as there should be much less chance of a dropped connection, more resolution in pedal/wheel (likely) and less latency. But I can definitely see why a wireless solution would be highly desirable.
    Hi Natalie,

that is not true. Microsoft has managed to improve the wireless latency with the Xbox One, the PS4 does not has this functionality, therefore there is no disadvantage to a wired solution.

I just can't understand why Fanatec is not able to make a really great solution for the customers, they had some much time to develop and test and the result is mediocre.

1. No dedicated wheel for Xbox (I would have developed 3 Versions including fixed buttons)
    2. No wireless support! why not? the great new technology is there and works like a charm, the low latency is especially important for  shooters and it works really great (this is a great benefit to the PS4, but nobody speaks about it). For racing games there is even no need for this high level (low latency). But Thomas just missed this and I think this really sucks!
    3. The proposed wheel looks crapy, like a piece of "we would like to make cannot make it" (sorry Thomas) but to attach each wheel does not make it better.
    4. I just bought the base2, the shifter and already got the Club-Pedals 2 with an racing seat and the whole stuff is waiting since last year. I don't really care about the pricing, but I can really understand the other driving fans!
    5. No update functionality via USB-Stick! Why not? not everyone has a PC. There are so many customers with a Mac or Linux. Do I rally must install a virtual machine on my Mac to get the wheel updated? I really don't have time for this bullshit!

So! what is the result after so much wasted time? - A wheel which is already have been designed plus the ominous MS chip plus what??? Common Thomas, are you kidding?

Communication is absolute inferior to your customers Thomas! If I would have had a base version one and would have sold it just because of your advertisements I would be really mad.

Sorry for being so direct, but Thomas, your have so much potential with your company and you don't really use it! 

1st mover with Xbox wheel - none
    2nd: months after release of Xbox One a inferior solution which already is know and looks mediocre.
    3rd: technical possibilities and particularly not used and integrated (such as the new cool wireless data transfer of Xbox One).

Just to be clear: the wheels are fine, the bases are fine, but there is a huge amount of improvement regarding technical aspects, communication and commitment to your customers and overall your pricing management.

Conclusion: NO new wheel! no new technology (just the availability to connect to Xbox One via cable) and this for months of development?!?!?!?

Thomas; as I am a german customer (probably some other citicens will see this in a different way) I just want to be direct and tell you my feedback, so you can improve this in future!

Best regards
    Alexander
    PS. hope my delivery date will not be postponed! Just like it happened in the past! 

They're not using a new wireless technology, they're using WiFi.

The Universal Hub only looks crappy if you attach a crappy wheel. The Universal HUb makes the most sense if you can only produce 1 rim to start as you can put any type of wheel you want on it.

Why anyone would want a mac is beyond me......

• Okay...got a 2:27.179 after three laps, clean, it's on the LB...cause it's not my cup a tea driving R class...so first timer.
    I do feel the car more then I ever did before after the practice sessions on PS3 with V2 base, V2 pedals and BMW rim...wow
  • Ohw...yeah..my XLive GT is Kain NL so you can see my time is for real.
  • 2:25.954 dirty...cut Eau Rouge to much...
  • Okay...got a 2:27.179 after three laps, clean, it's on the LB...cause it's not my cup a tea driving R class...so first timer.
    I do feel the car more then I ever did before after the practice sessions on PS3 with V2 base, V2 pedals and BMW rim...wow
    yeah that is how I feel, I like cars I can drive in real life, so E-A class. 
  • is there a vibration motor in these hubs?
  • I am having an issue with the wheel stand that I have and attempted to reach out to your online customer service department for help. Again this is another instance of where i was told to spend more money and very little help was given. Here is the problem and the conversation which i am posting to you in hopes that you will respond and offer a feasible solution
    Hi Julian,

may I ask what might be a feasible solution if you are requesting a part for a 5-6 year old product which is just not available? I think it might be understandable that not every product can be compatible to every new product which might be released within the next 5-10 years. We did not even think or know about the CSS at that time.

Thank you!
    I understand you didn't have the tech at that time as you hadn't made the CSS yet however you made table clamps for both the wheel base and the shifter. I asked if one of those would fit my stand and neither of them works. I simply would like the steel plate to update the stand and make it compatible with the shifter. I am willing to purchase the shifter table clamp, the shifter and the neccessary equipment to make that work. Your rep was willing to send the steel plate from Germany which lets me know that there is a fix but he wants me to pay for shipping. However if i purchase a new wheel stand plus all the accessories he is willing to give me a 10% discount and free shipping. If he's able to give me free shipping on the stand which will cost more and be more than the plate that ships from Germany what is the big deal with simply giving me the plate and shipping from Germany? I am not asking for a free wheel stand or any of the accessories beyond the plate to aide in completing the build. Just the plate needed to bolt the table clamp and shifter to. 
  • Dude just Soend the $$$ and thats it!!! It dont Make Sense that your posting that in Here!!! Its Absolutly Stupid to be Honest!!! Dont you Know that if Fanatec does Conceed to your demands which they are in the right to Refuse you because you are out of warrenty... But lets just say they give you what you want ... Dont you Know that we all will be in here Posting the same Shyt to get free Stuff!!! Come on Dude Grow up!!! Or Make Good on your threat Go to the BBB and file a Complaint... I bet they Laugh at you!!! if i were Thomas/Fanatec i wouldnt Give you Nothing because you are beinh just plain Disrespectful and Childish by continuing to post this type of stuff... You shoulda just kept bothering them in private!!! Because if they give in to you they have to give in to all of us!!!
  • Dude you would have been better to Reach out to the Community and ask does any 1 have a solution... I For 1 Build my own Racing Rig Setups and i bet that some one has allready found a solution to your Prob thats just a Quick DIY project. Nothing is Free Pay your Way Dude!!!
  • First Grimey Dog the question was asked to me and I will continue to post and dialogue as its my right. Second since it was a question to me and not to you why does it matter so much to you? You have said your peace and I am ignoring you but you continue to post even when no one really is talking to you. The question was asked to me and that's my response and I will continue to dialogue. You can continue to troll if you want I'll just ignore it and keep on posting good day sir