Real race car steering wheel rims on Xbox One!

Comments

• edited April 2015
    XBox Tag "GrimeyDog"
    PS3 & PS4 Tag "Grimey_Dog"
    Steam Tag " GrimeyDog" I Race Assetto Corsa and Race 07 with all the Track Car Packs I Also Have Rfactor2 but my online pass Expired i will renew it if we can set uo Races there... Uuugh my Rfactor2 is out of date i Havent istalled any Mods in Sooo Long ive forgitten How to install them.lol

It would be Nice if Every 1 post Just their Tags so we can all Friend each other and Race. I do Most Racing on GT6 Now But i will Hook My TX up again if we can organise a FM5 Race.
  • edited April 2015

Do you do rivals R class at Spa Natalie ? If not, do so...add me, Grimey, Jason...etc as friend. Then in rivals menu scroll with right button to friends list rivals and follow one off our the ghosts...you'll learn a lot out doin so.

Also tried the manual with clutch yet ?

I'm chasing PTG Curtis' ghost now in his Viper, 1:25 ish also non R900, cause that was used in a compition I joined on PTG forum...

In begining I'm ahaead of him, but than loose little by little time.

• Antion Give me your Full XB Tag i will Add you... Or just send me a Friend inv with a message so i know who it is.

You Gain or Loose time in the Corners!!! If i take .250 every corner by the time we 4 corners in im 1 full sec ahead!!! Focus in your corner entry exit speed Straight line speed is Good but it dont win Races. the corners are the Most important.
  • Natalie BNatalie B Member, Moderator, Betatester
    edited April 2015
    If you lot could friend the gamertag "fanatest" that would be great :)
  • Josha CraigJosha Craig Member
    edited April 2015
    Joshua Craig My best advice is Stick with the wheel... Drive All the Cars Stock Suspention and just afd aero and Tires to Balance the Car out. after driving it Stack you will Learn all the Cars traits Brake early when to Feather and when to Full Throttle ETC. only then Should you Tune to make up fir the Cars Short falls on Diff Tracks. I think tuning is Mostly for Controler users IE: I have Very Strong Hands(Auto Mechanic by Trade) So for Me I Had to Deaden the Cars Turning because i Cant Feather the Joy stick/Throttle with my Fingers im either Full on of Off when using a Controler. im Naturaly Much Much Faster with a Wheel and Pedals! and i am Blaxing Fast with a Good Wheel and Good Pedals... LOL
    yeah, i stopped playing F5 and horizon 2 once they announced this wheel. Only used the pad here for this challenge. When I originally played I used the controller but I didn't try to hot lap, just beat the AI. I only drift with the controller normally, that is easier than with a wheel. 
  • The V2 is Sooo Good Feels Natural i can Drift with it even though its Not on purpose!!! LOL... It gives you such a Natural Feel i just Steer and Counter Steer while Feathring the Throttle to keep the car Straight. lol
  • The V2 is Sooo Good Feels Natural i can Drift with it even though its Not on purpose!!! LOL... It gives you such a Natural Feel i just Steer and Counter Steer while Feathring the Throttle to keep the car Straight. lol
    yeah i will probably try it, but I can already put up top 10 drift scores, so not much need for improvement. 
  • I'm disappointed that those of us who pre-ordered the CSWv2 were not sent an email announcement about the release of the hub (and first opportunity to order). But I've got my issues with that resolved with tech support, and just look forward to it shipping either 2015-8-31 (my birthday of all days :)), or maybe earlier.

I have a question that maybe the community can answer, though. Will the base transmit vibrations into the wheel? I don't see how that could happen when the rim is completely separate from the electronics.
  • edited April 2015
    Antion Give me your Full XB Tag i will Add you... Or just send me a Friend inv with a message so i know who it is.

You Gain or Loose time in the Corners!!! If i take .250 every corner by the time we 4 corners in im 1 full sec ahead!!! Focus in your corner entry exit speed Straight line speed is Good but it dont win Races. the corners are the Most important.

I know...that's where it keeps getting fucked up..that stuppid little stick is the one and only reason that I can't get corners right each time...it's either too soon and too sharp turn in or it's too late ...with consequence is that any correction I'll lose time..

Grimey, your allready in my friends list and I can see you've allready added me too 17 hours ago... LOL...and as posted a couple of posts earlier...Kain NL

• I'm disappointed that those of us who pre-ordered the CSWv2 were not sent an email announcement about the release of the hub (and first opportunity to order). But I've got my issues with that resolved with tech support, and just look forward to it shipping either 2015-8-31 (my birthday of all days :)), or maybe earlier.

I have a question that maybe the community can answer, though. Will the base transmit vibrations into the wheel? I don't see how that could happen when the rim is completely separate from the electronics.
    The V2 base transfers EVERYTHING..the wheel is only the receiver...
  • Antion Give me your Full XB Tag i will Add you... Or just send me a Friend inv with a message so i know who it is.

I know...that's where it keeps getting fucked up..that stuppid little stick is the one and only reason that I can't get corners right each time...it's either too soon and too sharp turn in or it's too late ...with consequence is that any correction I'll lose time..

Grimey, your allready in my friends list and I can see you've allready added me too 17 hours ago... LOL...and as posted a couple of posts earlier...Kain NL

I tend to overbrake with the controller. 

• Okay ..New pb. 2:24.649
    Damn I hate not being able to use the wheel on Forza yet...I KNOW I can do better with it...
    edited April 2015
    Me too!

Just got a 2.26.170 (Pad Clean)

But I got a dirty 2.25.2xx but the dirty mark was because I went wide on the LAST LAP before the last chicane! So the 2.25 lap was 100% clean but because I went wide 1 corners BEFORE the chicane it marked the next lap dirty!

Spread sheet is ready I just need to up the data. Excel only seems to want to allow calculations up to 2 decimal places x.xx.xx

The spread sheet will also auto calculate your time difference and the percentage you improved :)
    For now here's the latest time..
    Spreadsheet to follow shortly.

Kyle - 2.24.614 (Pad Clean)
    Antoine - 2.24.649 (pad Clean)
    Dillon - 2.25.954 (Pad Dirty)
    Jason - 2.26.130 (Pad Clean)
    Natalie - 2.26.170 (Pad Clean)
    Josha - 2.31.845 (Pad Clean)
    Grimey - 2.29.595 (Dirty) - 2.21.598 (Wheel/Clean/R900)
    *Trevor - 2:48 - (Pad Clean)

This is great. We have improved dramatically on the pads and I'm now getting very curious to see how the wheel compares :)

I'll try and get the spreadsheet uploaded tonight.
    If your feeling extra good this weekend feel free to add me, view my lap and let me know where I can improve :)
    Antion Give me your Full XB Tag i will Add you... Or just send me a Friend inv with a message so i know who it is.

I tend to overbake everything with the controller.

I HATE IT :)
    edited April 2015
    Natalie Bissell Just wait till i get to use my V2 on Forza!!! I will Set a Blazing Lap!!! I am No where Near as fast with a controler. I Havent Raced with a Controler since FM2 and i Had to Do Extensive Tuning to be Fast with it then... I used to get top 1% Top 500 with some work. Now days i dont Tune i drive all cars stock and i get Good Times... I Drive all Day for a Living so Give Me a Good wheel and Good Wheel physics on a Sim/Arcade Racer and im in My Comfort Zone.

Natalie Have you Tried that BMW at 900 yet??? its a Beast to Handle More power More Slip and Slide.

Are you mental! 8-}
    If there is anymore slip and slide in this car, it'll be on dancing on ice next week! It's a nightmare to drive already (with a pad) :D
  • Me too!

Just got a 2.26.170 (Pad Clean)

But I got a dirty 2.25.2xx but the dirty mark was because I went wide on the LAST LAP before the last chicane! So the 2.25 lap was 100% clean but because I went wide 1 corners BEFORE the chicane it marked the next lap dirty!

Spread sheet is ready I just need to up the data. Excel only seems to want to allow calculations up to 2 decimal places x.xx.xx

The spread sheet will also auto calculate your time difference and the percentage you improved :)
    For now here's the latest time..
    Spreadsheet to follow shortly.

Antoine - 2.24.649 (pad Clean)
    Natalie - 2.26.170 (Pad Clean)
    Grimey - 2.29.595 (Dirty) - 2.21.598 (Wheel/Clean/R900)

This is great. We have improved dramatically on the pads and I'm now getting very curious to see how the wheel compares :)

I'll try and get the spreadsheet uploaded tonight.
    If your feeling extra good this weekend feel free to add me, view my lap and let me know where I can improve :)
    I was ONLY able to drive such times BECAUSE I had some practice on the V2 with PS3s Grid Autosport.....It made me feel more aware of the car....so I know MY times will improve once I get the 'natural' flow of using my feet to throttle and brake and shift with shifter !!!
    Yea, I feel the same about improving with a wheel.

I'm absolutely certain that with throttle control and the precision of the wheel I can do better. I might not be as fast as you lot but I'm sure I can beat myself by a decent margin :)

I took 3 seconds of my pad time today alone, which while satisfying was frustrating too. It's miserable using the pad after using the wheel, absolutely miserable (and frustrating too)

I just feel so disconnected from the car, I can't sit on the limit, I'm not as consistent. I'm either under the limit or ove itr, with a wheel and pedals I can sit in the edge for much longer.

This entire process though is really peaked my interest now though, I'm very interested in the results of the pad vs hub for everyone involved as I wonder if the fast pad drivers will improve as much as the slower pad drivers etc. Im looking forward to the final results.

The spreadsheet will be up in just a moment. I think I have the formulas all sorted now and It should correctly calculate the time difference (+-) between your wheel and pad times, the percentage and colour them accordingly (red green) user/track/car etc too :)
    Here it is :)
  • That's the girl, Nat. 
  • I know this is terrible but I had to do it. Post #500. Natalie it was great reading your post in the xbox wheel blog. I will prob be waiting for a f1 wheel for the xbox one whee. At the moment I am 100% iRacing with the BMW and F1 wheel. 

Regards all. 
    Where's your time David! :p

I'm going to add some more features into the spreadsheet soon (when I get time) I'll have it auto calculate even more useful information for us. For now it does a % of improvement, difference in time (+-) and average lap times.

Meaning we can use it for some hot lapping, competitions leagues etc and/or just for tracking your own performance/improvement etc if we set anything like up in the coming months.

I can also drill it down to calculate individual sector times and have it auto calculate my theoretical "personal best" based on the fastest sectors I enter (if I can tie all the 3 together)

Could be fun if we set up a league of "Fanatec Fanatics" :)
  • Great to see a decent wheel for Xbone, but here is my question for Thomas. When I bought my CSWB V2 I bought the universal hub and GT AU wheel rim.

So is there a way to just upgrade my universal hub to suit the xbone rather than ending up with 2 universal hubs.

If I had known that this was the way it would come around I would have bought a Formula wheel when I bought the CSWB V2 instead of the universal hub.

Strange direction from fanatec.

Console people want plug and play that's why the like consoles.

Would have thought the f1 rim and gt rim was the way to go.

PC Users like to mod everything so the hub is right up their street.

Weird indeed.

True. But it comes preconfigured for the GT rim so that's only 6 screws and you're off to the races. The HUB also will allow just about everyone to get the rim of their choice. If they focused on F1 or GT for the 1st selection they would've left out a lot of people. This way hits the broadest possible audience out of the gate. Now they can do more specialty rims to complement the hub. This is only my opinion. I'm sure there are other opinions. And that's cool. We can discuss them and have fun doin so.

Probably the quickest way to bring an xbox one wheel to market. The f1 and gt wheels will follow. This seems an expensive option and quite plain looking. The f1 rim I have is a really nicely made item and great to use, so are the gt rims although the bmw rim is too heavy.

• Trevor GeddisTrevor Geddis Member
    edited April 2015
    If anyone wants to watch he real deal, European Le Mans Series, Silverstone, on now.  http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x2mcine_european-le-mans-series-2015-live_auto?hc_location=ufi
  • I am having an issue with the wheel stand that I have and attempted to reach out to your online customer service department for help. Again this is another instance of where i was told to spend more money and very little help was given. Here is the problem and the conversation which i am posting to you in hopes that you will respond and offer a feasible solution
    Hi Julian,

may I ask what might be a feasible solution if you are requesting a part for a 5-6 year old product which is just not available? I think it might be understandable that not every product can be compatible to every new product which might be released within the next 5-10 years. We did not even think or know about the CSS at that time.

Thank you!
    I understand you didn't have the tech at that time as you hadn't made the CSS yet however you made table clamps for both the wheel base and the shifter. I asked if one of those would fit my stand and neither of them works. I simply would like the steel plate to update the stand and make it compatible with the shifter. I am willing to purchase the shifter table clamp, the shifter and the neccessary equipment to make that work. Your rep was willing to send the steel plate from Germany which lets me know that there is a fix but he wants me to pay for shipping. However if i purchase a new wheel stand plus all the accessories he is willing to give me a 10% discount and free shipping. If he's able to give me free shipping on the stand which will cost more and be more than the plate that ships from Germany what is the big deal with simply giving me the plate and shipping from Germany? I am not asking for a free wheel stand or any of the accessories beyond the plate to aide in completing the build. Just the plate needed to bolt the table clamp and shifter to. 
    You were already told no, we all want something free if they give you something you don't deserve for being a whiny little.... How is your empty BBB threat coming along? Hope you post that conversation here!
  • I also don't understand in what is the sense of an quick release function if I have to unscrew several screws to change the wheel? I would have designed the little box to be attached at the base and have added the Xbox Chip in an USB stick (just like you did with the Porsche wheel) including wireless functionality. 

This would reduce the weight of the wheel and it would be easier to buy more wheels.

For me as an example would have bought the BMW GT wheel, the classic and a F1 wheel, but knowing I have to unscrew several screws just because I want to use another the car at  Project CARS for example I will stick to just one wheel.

But probably later this year there will be dedicated wheels for XBOX One...
    You don't have to unscrew ANY screws to use the Quick release, none, nada, zip. If you're referring to the bolts that attach the rim to the hub then you're unaware of how this product was intended to be used. It makes ONE RIM a quick release, not multiple rims.
  • @Grimey: Thanks for the heads up, I was going to give it a good blow today with some tinned wind as mine is a dust magnet. I'll just rub it off instead.

I added a GT for testing, so feel free to add "fanatest" everyone :)

Current times:
    Excel coming with sections for current pad times, wheel times and auto calc the differences,
    But for now:

Dillon - 2.25.954 (Pad Dirty)
    Antoine - 2.27.179 (Pad Clean)
    Natalie - 2.29.433 (Pad Clean)
    Grimey - 2.29.595 (Pad Dirty) - 2.21.598 (Wheel/Clean/R900)

Requirements:
    BMW #92 M3 GT2 (Completely Stock - No upgrades - No Tuning - No Tyre Changes etc)
    Circuit de Spa-Francorchamps

XBOX ONE PAD/Controller

Suggested Line -OFF
    ABS -OFF
    Steering -SIMULATION
    TCS -OFF
    Manual Shifting -YES
    Damage -COSMETIC

Post your before (pad) times and after (hub) times for fun and to help pass the time until the hub arrives :D

@Alexander
    You do have some valid points, however as I've not been able to perform a latency test between USB 2/3 vs Microsofts Wireless Protocol, Im not really in a position to state factually if there is or is not any added latency.

However from my experience, it's usually the rule (rather than the exception) that a wired solution allows for larger bandwidth, more reliable connection, less latency (in some instances) and higher resolution (in some cases)

If given the option I'd personally chose wired over wireless for a wheel.
    Much like some hardcore gamers still prefer (in some cases not all) wired mice/keyboard and why some high end Home Theatre and audio solutions use wired speakers (in some cases not all) and why we still use HDMI/Thunderbolt cables and not wireless HDMI as there is "usually" an added latency with wireless (in some cases but not all) that can/could negatively affect the experience.

For now, fanatec have taken the first step in their response to resolving this issue for us, and while it may only be desirable to one half of the community, it's just the start. Perhaps in the coming months fanatec will add the second part of their solution to their product line which we be aimed at the the other half of the market. I'm excited to see what's still to come :)

Let's see what we as fans can do to help :)
    You should leave out dirty times because in an arcade game like Forza 5 you can cut corners and wall ride and all that ridiculous arcade stuff.
  • Jason ShafferJason Shaffer Member
    edited April 2015

Natalie, the wireless data transfer of the XBOX One is not WiFi or Bluetooth, is has been improved regarding latency of Xbox 360 of 20% and has a latency of only 9 milliseconds, which is comparable to a wired connection (it is a new proprietary protocol), which is a really good improvement. The controller also has IR signal which indicates through Kinect who is using the device together with face detection (Thrustmaster TX wheel has that feature).  
    You're wrong, The XO uses WiFi Direct for wireless protocol.
  • Natalie,

Do you actually get higher resolution connecting the CSP directly to the PC? I've asked Fanatec tech support and they said you won't gain anything and recommend hooking everything through the CSW. So now I'm curious.
    yes, 256 bit plugged into wheel, 1024 bit plugged into USB
  • Ive been Looking that up and so far from what im Reading its the same
    Console 8bit 256Res when connected to the wheel.

PC 10bit 1024Res when pluged directly to PC Via USB.

This is what I am inclined to believe to be true. Judging by the historical data, and the limited information available today, i see no reason why this limitation would not still be present.

By the way, I tried to improve my time on the pad and I can say this with confidence. Those of you who are 6 seconds faster than me need not worry. After 40 laps I didn't improve even by 100th of a second on the pad.

Where are you gaining that time. It's just an incredible amount :)
    Natalie, you have to drive an arcade game like an arcade game. If you drive Forza like it's a real sim you'll be slow. Try working the gas and brake AT THE SAME TIME ;)