Real race car steering wheel rims on Xbox One!

Comments

• What Forza isn't a Real Sim?
  • Andrew ClarkAndrew Clark Member
    edited April 2015

Who has had any problems with the bezels breaking for the buttons on your Formula and BMW rims who bought from the first few batches? I have noticed they changed the design of these bezels. At least I know this for the Uni Hubs as they have added an additional elongated tab that adds strength and acts as a guide.

You may not even know the retaining tabs on the bezels have broken. Try moving the button and if there is significant play and movement a tab or two has most likely broken. My question is that when the order of the new bezels was made for the Uni Hubs why didn't Fanatec order 1 or 2 thousand more of these bezels? This might have increased the order price maybe by $100 usd if your lucky. Instead my first Formula rim came with one of the Bezels broken which Fanatec replaced over a part that cost less then a penny and not that difficult to replace. How many of these RMA's did they have to make that could have been avoided?  Who knows maybe Fanatec just uses these RMA's as write offs on taxes on profits? However I have $429.00 worth of gear that are perfectly fine and great with the exception of the bezels which a set for both rims might cost 3 whole dollars if your lucky.

The whole thing is that it's either one thing or another that is a batch of defective parts is too much the norm. The v2 many if not most people are having a fan problem as the thing that stands out. An easy enough fix. However why did you have to make the fix in the first place and pay for all that shipping back and forth that I could assume is killing Fanatec's profits. The price of the fan is minuscule in comparison to the shipping and repair cost.

Are you possibly being "Set Up" by your partners? I would think some things need to change. Maybe this is not the most desirable post to read but hopefully it is heard and noted as to improve profits and reduce losses and increase consumer confidence in the future.

A quick wall ride should answer that!
  • Andrew ClarkAndrew Clark Member
    edited April 2015

What does Waltrip got to do with it? L-)

• I am having an issue with the wheel stand that I have and attempted to reach out to your online customer service department for help. Again this is another instance of where i was told to spend more money and very little help was given. Here is the problem and the conversation which i am posting to you in hopes that you will respond and offer a feasible solution
    Hi Julian,

may I ask what might be a feasible solution if you are requesting a part for a 5-6 year old product which is just not available? I think it might be understandable that not every product can be compatible to every new product which might be released within the next 5-10 years. We did not even think or know about the CSS at that time.

Thank you!
    I understand you didn't have the tech at that time as you hadn't made the CSS yet however you made table clamps for both the wheel base and the shifter. I asked if one of those would fit my stand and neither of them works. I simply would like the steel plate to update the stand and make it compatible with the shifter. I am willing to purchase the shifter table clamp, the shifter and the neccessary equipment to make that work. Your rep was willing to send the steel plate from Germany which lets me know that there is a fix but he wants me to pay for shipping. However if i purchase a new wheel stand plus all the accessories he is willing to give me a 10% discount and free shipping. If he's able to give me free shipping on the stand which will cost more and be more than the plate that ships from Germany what is the big deal with simply giving me the plate and shipping from Germany? I am not asking for a free wheel stand or any of the accessories beyond the plate to aide in completing the build. Just the plate needed to bolt the table clamp and shifter to. 
    You were already told no, we all want something free if they give you something you don't deserve for being a whiny little.... How is your empty BBB threat coming along? Hope you post that conversation here!
    And you keep trolling and posting concerned with my post why? Again the question was to me not you stay out of grown folks buisness and get a life
    It is Simcade, the physics are really forgiving so that controller users can play.
  • Here it is :)
    2:28.055
  • edited April 2015
    Haaa... Just used the V2 to Beat the Hardest License test in GT6!!! The S-5 Bugatti Veron Super License Test around Ascari Full in under 2:14.000 i got a 2:13.788
    That Car and that Track is a Miserable Combination!!! I didnt think that i was gonna beat it with the wheel its alot of Sideways drifting and Throttle Controle to get the car through 1 corner Fast and line it up for the Next 1 and Keep your Momentum without loosing Controle. That was Definitly the Hardest Challenge on GT6 to Me... the V2 is just sooo Dam Good!!!
  • Joseph GossenJoseph Gossen Member, Moderator
    Quick question a bit on topic. Since I have to wait now for the Xbox One Wheel until August, is it possible for me to order the F1 rim for example and use the Clubsport V2 on my Mac Pro?

Does anyone race on Mac computers?
  • Dont Be wimpy Bump that BMW up to 900 and Let that thing Loose!!! Can you Handle it!!! I Tried it at the Stock Power Point and it is Much Tamer than it is at 900... Just a Tad Bit Slower at Stock PP than at 900 you Feather the throttle so Much that you cant Really take advantage of the extra Power. that Car is a Handfull to say the least.
  • And you keep trolling and posting concerned with my post why? Again the question was to me not you stay out of grown folks buisness and get a life
    You made your trolling Fanatec public, not me. You posted your own dirty laundry. Now how's that BBB phony complaint coming along?
  • Jason ShafferJason Shaffer Member
    edited April 2015
    What Forza isn't a Real Sim?
    It is Simcade, the physics are really forgiving so that controller users can play.
    That's not the reason, you can use a controller on many PC sims and they have much more realistic physics. The reason is so unskilled people will play it also so it sells more copies.

OH there's that horrible word.

• Me too!

Just got a 2.26.170 (Pad Clean)

But I got a dirty 2.25.2xx but the dirty mark was because I went wide on the LAST LAP before the last chicane! So the 2.25 lap was 100% clean but because I went wide 1 corners BEFORE the chicane it marked the next lap dirty!

Spread sheet is ready I just need to up the data. Excel only seems to want to allow calculations up to 2 decimal places x.xx.xx

The spread sheet will also auto calculate your time difference and the percentage you improved :)
    For now here's the latest time..
    Spreadsheet to follow shortly.

Kyle - 2.24.614 (Pad Clean)
    Antoine - 2.24.649 (pad Clean)
    Dillon - 2.25.954 (Pad Dirty)
    Jason - 2.26.130 (Pad Clean)
    Natalie - 2.26.170 (Pad Clean)
    Josha - 2.31.845 (Pad Clean)
    Grimey - 2.29.595 (Dirty) - 2.21.598 (Wheel/Clean/R900)
    *Trevor - 2:48 - (Pad Clean)

This is great. We have improved dramatically on the pads and I'm now getting very curious to see how the wheel compares :)

I'll try and get the spreadsheet uploaded tonight.
    If your feeling extra good this weekend feel free to add me, view my lap and let me know where I can improve :)
    Hi Natalie, I think the time listed for me is actually Antoine's time that I had quoted of his. Sorry for the mixup >_< 

Still have yet to find some time to boot back up Forza, hopefully tonight after i do my taxes, ahah! >:)

Does it still count as a gamepad if I use my v2/BMW? ;))
  • Natalie BNatalie B Member, Moderator, Betatester
    @Jason
    I left the dirty times in so that the guys know that they have added a time but need to update it with a clean one when they get a chance :) (you know, if they can) ;)

@Grimey I can try the R900 if anyone else is up for it :D I can easily add new cars and specs into the spreadsheet..... Shall we :D

@Josha I'll update your time in the sheet and upload a new version with a few amendments after the F1 :)

@Dillon no problem I'll get yours changed too. How are you going to use a v2 and BMW in forza though, do you know something we don't ;)

@Joseph I don't own a mac but I don't see why not.
  • edited April 2015
    Natali Bissell I say Bump it up to R900 because its also going on the Leader Boards so we Should kill 2 Birds with 1 stone... 1)Run our test and 2)Get the BMW as High on the Boards as it can get... Might as well test it as it will be Drivin when every 1 gets their XB1 Hubs... I Doubt that People are Gonna Run it at Stock PP when they Testing it with the wheel trying to get a Good time on the Boards. jmo....Can the People Handle that BMW at 900pp is the Question!!! if we agree to do 900pp i will Hook up my TX and Push it for a Better Time.
  • Quick question a bit on topic. Since I have to wait now for the Xbox One Wheel until August, is it possible for me to order the F1 rim for example and use the Clubsport V2 on my Mac Pro?

what game are you playing on Mac, i can try to test it, but i wont have good performance. 
  • Joseph GossenJoseph Gossen Member, Moderator
    Quick question a bit on topic. Since I have to wait now for the Xbox One Wheel until August, is it possible for me to order the F1 rim for example and use the Clubsport V2 on my Mac Pro?

what game are you playing on Mac, i can try to test it, but i wont have good performance. 
    I was thinking on trying iracing.com since it supports Mac. Anything that will allow me to test out the Clubsport base before its warranty runs out in November.
  • And you keep trolling and posting concerned with my post why? Again the question was to me not you stay out of grown folks buisness and get a life
    You made your trolling Fanatec public, not me. You posted your own dirty laundry. Now how's that BBB phony complaint coming along?
    its coming along as good as your mom lol. Bottom line is im not speaking to you and the question was asked to me. Its clear that you are full of yourself so give it a rest again stick to your posts about lap times and other things and quit worrying about what i'm doing 
  • Quick question a bit on topic. Since I have to wait now for the Xbox One Wheel until August, is it possible for me to order the F1 rim for example and use the Clubsport V2 on my Mac Pro?

Do you have a copy of Windows 7 you can boot into?  That's the only way I game on my Mac nowadays.  With a Mac Pro you should have enough power (unless it's really old).  If you don't want to use Windows, you should go ahead and give iRacing a try.  You will likely need to use lower graphics settings on a Mac, though, because their graphics cards are always relatively underpowered.
  • Wait a sec...  ignore part of that last post.  While iRacing may run okay on Mac, Fanatec doesn't have OS X drivers, so you would HAVE to boot into Windows 7 or 8.
  • @Jason
    I left the dirty times in so that the guys know that they have added a time but need to update it with a clean one when they get a chance :) (you know, if they can) ;)

@Grimey I can try the R900 if anyone else is up for it :D I can easily add new cars and specs into the spreadsheet..... Shall we :D

@Josha I'll update your time in the sheet and upload a new version with a few amendments after the F1 :)

@Dillon no problem I'll get yours changed too. How are you going to use a v2 and BMW in forza though, do you know something we don't ;)

I'll use it the same way i'm using the v1.5 here in Driveclub, i posted this vid a while ago on the blog, perhaps you didn't see. I've been using my Fanatec gear on Forza 5 for over a year now. ;)

• @Jason

I'll use it the same way i'm using the v1.5 here in Driveclub, i posted this vid a while ago on the blog, perhaps you didn't see. I've been using my Fanatec gear on Forza 5 for over a year now. ;)

Dillon, the times should stand IMO. Because as someone has told you CM just emulates a controller. So it's the same. Can't really go back now and say it's different. ;)
  • @Jason

Dillon, the times should stand IMO. Because as someone has told you CM just emulates a controller. So it's the same. Can't really go back now and say it's different. ;)
    Huh?? That's my point, it is technically a gamepad. I was teasing a bit to ask if you all wouldn't mind if I used it to compete with all your guys gamepad times. I wasn't too serious, as I know it is a great advantage over a typical gamepad, but if you don't object, ill go ahead and use it  B-)
  • @Jason

Huh?? That's my point, it is technically a gamepad. I was teasing a bit to ask if you all wouldn't mind if I used it to compete with all your guys gamepad times. I wasn't too serious, as I know it is a great advantage over a typical gamepad, but if you don't object, ill go ahead and use it  B-)

lol I hate writing it's hard to get across sarcasm. I was just pointing out that a certain person keeps telling you that CM is a waste and doesn't support FFB. Which it doesn't and you've said that. So he should have no objection if it's the same as a controller is my point.
  • Attention Please... Julian Jackson is a Spoiled unloved Kid...Lets Not pay him any Attention or Respond to his whining Post... I think He/She/ It Gets off on that and will do anything to get Attention even if its Negative.... Maybe he will call the BBB on us too... LMAO.
    edited April 2015
    @Dillan why not :) pop a time up and see how it compares to an actual (non emulated wheel. I'll even create a section for others who place a time using it. That might be a very interesting set of results too.

For example, If your results are almost identical then it means that the product is actually rather useful and relativly precise :)

I'm interested in seeing the results of this vs a hub :)

Hey,

I've updated the spreadsheet with the latest times and added a few new features to play with.

I've added the following:
    A section for more pad times 1/2/3 (to track and calculate average pad times)
    A section for more wheel times (to track and calculate average wheel times)
    "These are both good for checking consistancy etc."

This spreadsheet will now auto calculate the average pad time based on the 3 entered, avereage wheel time based on the 3 entered, the percentage difference between your pad vs wheel times and will auto colour code red/green depending on +- time.

Added a section for a second 900pp version of the car.
    Added a section which allows you to record your Fastest Sector times S1/2/3 which will then auto calculate your fastest theroetical lap (FTL).

Its not perfect, but it works and can be improved upon as we go along and will hopefully be used for other things moving forward (not just this xbox test).

Now go enjoy the F1 :)
    its coming along as good as your mom lol. Bottom line is im not speaking to you and the question was asked to me. Its clear that you are full of yourself so give it a rest again stick to your posts about lap times and other things and quit worrying about what i'm doing 
    A mom joke followed by an "lol", no wonder you're such a pathetic little wretch trying to sucker Fanatec for a freebie, go mow your neighbours lawn or ask for a raise in your allownance. I'll stick to commenting on posts in the PUBLIC forum if I want, so keep posting!
  • Jason ShafferJason Shaffer Member
    edited April 2015