Real race car steering wheel rims on Xbox One!

Comments

• You cant stand the fact that someone may actually help me and if they do or not it's irrelavent to if they give in to you. I can post here and they can help me and send it to my inbox and i assure you you will never know. Your trolling is getting boring you keep making the same rants about wanting a free ride etc and nowhere did i say i wanted a free ride so give it a rest.
  • Ummm ok...
  • After spending 300 USD on this hub, I figured I could do better than 100 for a rim. I bought this one on Amazon for 30. I got it in my hands today, and I am so happy! It's a little on the heavy side, but I think it will work just fine. :)
  • edited April 2015
    @Kieren
    i will add this to my list of things to check when the hub arrives. I have 2 headsets for my one (3 including the default wired one) so I'll test it out and see just what is/is not compatible with the hub and to what degree and reliability.

I'll even test and let you know if it works as a bit of a hack job or partially works. I'm sure Thomas already knows the answers but I'll add it to my list anyway just in case that question goes unanswered :)

Natalie I'd be very grateful if you can do that. I'm using a turtle beach XO4 and would like to use it with the wheel rather than spend more money getting a wireless headset. Also would you mind if I have your xbox live gamertag??
  • 2:25.954 dirty...cut Eau Rouge to much...
    Lol, too much? Pretty sure we gave you guys plenty of room on that one.. did you hit the wall?  :P

Just playin Antoine, i'm hoping to submit a lap also, here's hoping for some free time :D
  • edited April 2015
    im using Tritton Head phones with Everything!!! I use the 3.5mm head phone out put on the TV to Run my Buttkickers it can also be used to Run Head phones with a 3.5mm plug, the Digital audio out on my TV to Run Head phone audio and you just plug your Head phones mic into the XB1 Controler. i like the Trittons because it has a USB Plug in the back that is use to plug into the PS3 and the Mic works. any last gen Head Set that will work on the XB360 can plug into the XB1 Controler adapter to make the Mic Work.... Look for a Head set that works PC, PS3 and XB360 and you can Hear every system through your TV audio out put Digital or 3.5mm Plug by judt swithching to the apropiate source HDMI 1, 2, Component, TV ETC. I Know that Tritton 720 works with EVERY thing Audio and Mic thats what im using... and it Work Beautifuly! With No Wire Splicing just plug and Play... I dont Know about PS4 yet Never Hooked it up to My PS4 yet but if The PS4 has a USB Mic it will work on it also
  • Hello Fanatec, does the XBox One wheel work wireless? Do I need a pc to update the firmware, or does a Mac work or better via USB stick.? At the website is no discription

I ordered the wheel with the GT wheel and got an shipping date of 28th of May which is fine for me since Project CARS will have an similar release date.

Wheel base V2 is waiting since day one unused :( Eigth weeks additional waiting should be possible :)

It does not work wireless. It uses the USB of the base.

You definitely need a PC to update the firmware or boot your Mac in PC mode
    That is very sad Thomas, since the Xbox One has an improved low latency wireless functionality. Maybe with the next wheel. What is the problem there? (time, technical skills?)

I think I prefer the wired solution as there should be much less chance of a dropped connection, more resolution in pedal/wheel (likely) and less latency. But I can definitely see why a wireless solution would be highly desirable.
    Hi Natalie,

that is not true. Microsoft has managed to improve the wireless latency with the Xbox One, the PS4 does not has this functionality, therefore there is no disadvantage to a wired solution.

I just can't understand why Fanatec is not able to make a really great solution for the customers, they had some much time to develop and test and the result is mediocre.

1. No dedicated wheel for Xbox (I would have developed 3 Versions including fixed buttons)
    2. No wireless support! why not? the great new technology is there and works like a charm, the low latency is especially important for  shooters and it works really great (this is a great benefit to the PS4, but nobody speaks about it). For racing games there is even no need for this high level (low latency). But Thomas just missed this and I think this really sucks!
    3. The proposed wheel looks crapy, like a piece of "we would like to make cannot make it" (sorry Thomas) but to attach each wheel does not make it better.
    4. I just bought the base2, the shifter and already got the Club-Pedals 2 with an racing seat and the whole stuff is waiting since last year. I don't really care about the pricing, but I can really understand the other driving fans!
    5. No update functionality via USB-Stick! Why not? not everyone has a PC. There are so many customers with a Mac or Linux. Do I rally must install a virtual machine on my Mac to get the wheel updated? I really don't have time for this bullshit!

So! what is the result after so much wasted time? - A wheel which is already have been designed plus the ominous MS chip plus what??? Common Thomas, are you kidding?

Communication is absolute inferior to your customers Thomas! If I would have had a base version one and would have sold it just because of your advertisements I would be really mad.

Sorry for being so direct, but Thomas, your have so much potential with your company and you don't really use it! 

1st mover with Xbox wheel - none
    2nd: months after release of Xbox One a inferior solution which already is know and looks mediocre.
    3rd: technical possibilities and particularly not used and integrated (such as the new cool wireless data transfer of Xbox One).

Just to be clear: the wheels are fine, the bases are fine, but there is a huge amount of improvement regarding technical aspects, communication and commitment to your customers and overall your pricing management.

Conclusion: NO new wheel! no new technology (just the availability to connect to Xbox One via cable) and this for months of development?!?!?!?

Thomas; as I am a german customer (probably some other citicens will see this in a different way) I just want to be direct and tell you my feedback, so you can improve this in future!

Best regards
    Alexander
    PS. hope my delivery date will not be postponed! Just like it happened in the past! 
    I also don't understand in what is the sense of an quick release function if I have to unscrew several screws to change the wheel? I would have designed the little box to be attached at the base and have added the Xbox Chip in an USB stick (just like you did with the Porsche wheel) including wireless functionality. 

This would reduce the weight of the wheel and it would be easier to buy more wheels.

For me as an example would have bought the BMW GT wheel, the classic and a F1 wheel, but knowing I have to unscrew several screws just because I want to use another the car at  Project CARS for example I will stick to just one wheel.

But probably later this year there will be dedicated wheels for XBOX One...
  • edited April 2015
    WARNING!!! Do Not Blow Compressed Air into the Back Fan Port of your V2!!! It will Knock the Fan Out out Place and you will Have to take the Back off to get it Back in Place!!! Its a Servo Motor Fan and the Fan Blades are Held Inside by a Alignment Shaft and Magnetc Force Only!!! Its a Easy Fix but just some info for you. I like to keep my Unit dust free so i Blow Everything out with my air compressor every Now and then and found this out. Very easy Fix though.
  • Natalie BNatalie B Member, Moderator, Betatester
    edited April 2015
    @Grimey: Thanks for the heads up, I was going to give it a good blow today with some tinned wind as mine is a dust magnet. I'll just rub it off instead.

I added a GT for testing, so feel free to add "fanatest" everyone :)

Current times:
    Excel coming with sections for current pad times, wheel times and auto calc the differences,
    But for now:

Kyle - 2.24.614 (Pad Clean)
    Dillon - 2.25.954 (Pad Dirty)
    Jason - 2.26.130 (Pad Clean)
    Antoine - 2.27.179 (Pad Clean)
    Natalie - 2.29.433 (Pad Clean)
    Josha - 2.31.845 (Pad Clean)
    Grimey - 2.29.595 (Pad Dirty) - 2.21.598 (Wheel/Clean/R900)
    *Trevor - 2:48 - (Pad Clean)

Requirements:
    BMW #92 M3 GT2 (Completely Stock - No upgrades - No Tuning - No Tyre Changes etc)
    Circuit de Spa-Francorchamps

XBOX ONE PAD/Controller

Suggested Line -OFF
    ABS -OFF
    Steering -SIMULATION
    TCS -OFF
    Manual Shifting -YES
    Damage -COSMETIC

Post your before (pad) times and after (hub) times for fun and to help pass the time until the hub arrives :D

@Alexander
    You do have some valid points, however as I've not been able to perform a latency test between USB 2/3 vs Microsofts Wireless Protocol, Im not really in a position to state factually if there is or is not any added latency.

However from my experience, it's usually the rule (rather than the exception) that a wired solution allows for larger bandwidth, more reliable connection, less latency (in some instances) and higher resolution (in some cases)

If given the option I'd personally chose wired over wireless for a wheel.
    Much like some hardcore gamers still prefer (in some cases not all) wired mice/keyboard and why some high end Home Theatre and audio solutions use wired speakers (in some cases not all) and why we still use HDMI/Thunderbolt cables and not wireless HDMI as there is "usually" an added latency with wireless (in some cases but not all) that can/could negatively affect the experience.

For now, fanatec have taken the first step in their response to resolving this issue for us, and while it may only be desirable to one half of the community, it's just the start. Perhaps in the coming months fanatec will add the second part of their solution to their product line which we be aimed at the the other half of the market. I'm excited to see what's still to come :)

Let's see what we as fans can do to help :)
  • @Grimey: Thanks for the heads up, I was going to give it a good blow today as mine is a dust magnet. I'll just rub it off by hand instead.

I added a GT for testing, so feel free to add "fanatest" everyone :)

Current times:
    Excel coming with sections for current pad times, wheel times and auto calc the differences,
    But for now:

Kyle - 2.24.614 (Pad Clean)
    Jason - 2.26.130 (Pad Clean)
    Antoine - 2.27.179 (Pad Clean)
    Natalie - 2.29.433 (Pad Clean)
    Josha - 2.31.845 (Pad Clean)
    Grimey - 2.29.595 (Dirty) - 2.21.598 (Wheel/Clean/R900)
    *Trevor - 2:48 - (Pad Clean)

Requirements:
    BMW #92 M3 GT2 (Completely Stock - No upgrades - No Tuning - No Tyre Changes etc)
    Circuit de Spa-Francorchamps

XBOX ONE PAD/Controller

Suggested Line -OFF
    ABS -OFF
    Steering -SIMULATION
    TCS -OFF
    Manual Shifting -YES
    Damage -COSMETIC

Post your before (pad) times and after (hub) times for fun and to help pass the time until the hub arrives :D

@Alexander
    You do have some valid points, however as I've not been able to perform a latency test between USB 2/3 vs Microsofts Wireless Protocol, Im not really in a position to state factually if there is or is not any added latency.

However from my experience, it's usually the rule (rather than the exception) that a wired solution allows for larger bandwidth, more reliable connection, less latency (in some instances) and higher resolution (in some cases)

If given the option I'd personally chose wired over wireless for a wheel.
    Much like some hardcore gamers still prefer (in some cases not all) wired mice/keyboard and why some high end Home Theatre and audio solutions use wired speakers (in some cases not all) and why we still use HDMI/Thunderbolt cables and not wireless HDMI as there is "usually" an added latency with wireless (in some cases but not all) that can/could negatively affect the experience.

For now, fanatec have taken the first step in their response to resolving this issue for us, and while it may only be desirable to one half of the community, it's just the start. Perhaps in the coming months fanatec will add the second part of their solution to their product line which we be aimed at the the other half of the market. I'm excited to see what's still to come :)

Let's see what we as fans can do to help :)
    Natalie, the wireless data transfer of the XBOX One is not WiFi or Bluetooth, is has been improved regarding latency of Xbox 360 of 20% and has a latency of only 9 milliseconds, which is comparable to a wired connection (it is a new proprietary protocol), which is a really good improvement. The controller also has IR signal which indicates through Kinect who is using the device together with face detection (Thrustmaster TX wheel has that feature).  
    Hi Alexander,

As I've not checked the technical specifications of MS Wireless Protocol XBO I'm not really in a position to comment, except for that I'm personally satisfied with a wired solution for my wheel, but that I can see that there is definitely an argument for its existence.

If you can send me the technical breakdown and the documentation you have I'd be happy to look at it, and once educated, I will form an opinion and comment.

Speculating:
    Perhaps Fanatec will use the wireless protocol for their CSL line?
    Perhaps the MS Wireless Protocol has other limitations that we are not aware of such as :
    Bandwith, Latency, Resolution, Expensive, Availability... I'm not sure, but all of these could be factors too.

A wired solution does keep these variables to a minimum though and perhaps even allows for more resolution (which is what happens when the CSP are connected to a PC via USB rather than connected through the CSW).

I'm sure it will all come together for everyone in the end though :)
    Until then, how about dropping a time in to the mix and see what % a wheel assists/hinders you in FM5 when the wheels/hubs etc all arrive :D
    After spending 300 USD on this hub, I figured I could do better than 100 for a rim. I bought this one on Amazon for 30. I got it in my hands today, and I am so happy! It's a little on the heavy side, but I think it will work just fine. :)

That's actually not bad for $30 plus free delivery!
    edited April 2015
    @Kieren
    i will add this to my list of things to check when the hub arrives. I have 2 headsets for my one (3 including the default wired one) so I'll test it out and see just what is/is not compatible with the hub and to what degree and reliability.

I'll even test and let you know if it works as a bit of a hack job or partially works. I'm sure Thomas already knows the answers but I'll add it to my list anyway just in case that question goes unanswered :)

Natalie I'd be very grateful if you can do that. I'm using a turtle beach XO4 and would like to use it with the wheel rather than spend more money getting a wireless headset. Also would you mind if I have your xbox live gamertag??

No Problem,
    I'll test my headsets (I'll check my model as it may not be the same but the test will be useful none the less)

Gamertag posted for all to add :)
  • No Problem,
    I'll test my headsets (I'll check my model as it may not be the same but the test will be useful none the less)

I can't find the post, you add me Gamertag: KizzaGT
  • I am still having problems with the bezels for the buttons breaking on my rims. Now I have discovered that the little tabs on a bezel on my BMW rim have broken. Even worse no replacement offered for these bezels. So I am basically afraid to use my BMW and Formula rims that's four fricken hundred and 29 dollars worth of stuff man basically unusable over less then 5 dollars worth of parts. Offer replacements please.

Also since the BMW rim has a 1 3/8" offset dish it's not from leaning against it the tabs are way too thin and break and the design is not rebuild friendly.

and before any of you forum dwellers here want to make comments that it's not Fanatec's fault I still got respect for you all but put yourselves in my shoes.

edited April 2015
    No Problem,

I can't find the post, you add me Gamertag: KizzaGT

Hey,
    It's just above in my post with the latest times :)

For those who want to add me:
    GamerTag: Fanatest
  • Added thanks natalie :)
  • Natalie,

Do you actually get higher resolution connecting the CSP directly to the PC? I've asked Fanatec tech support and they said you won't gain anything and recommend hooking everything through the CSW. So now I'm curious.
  • i believe the Pedal Resolution is Higher when Connected directly to PC i think its 1024 on PC vs 256 when connected to the wheel.
  • Thomas allready confirmed in other topic that there will be NO headphone support via V2 base or wheel/hub...so until M$ comes with a wireless headphone or any descent action to keep the pad 'alive' while not using it...we have to keep troubling with charging the pad to use the wired headphones. @(++%#¤⊙ω®℃℉
  • i believe the Pedal Resolution is Higher when Connected directly to PC i think its 1024 on PC vs 256 when connected to the wheel.
    this was true on the older wheels, maybe it isn't true on v2 
  • edited April 2015
    Ive been Looking that up and so far from what im Reading its the same.

Console 8bit 256Res when connected to the wheel.

PC 10bit 1024Res when pluged directly to PC Via USB.
    edited April 2015
    Ive been Looking that up and so far from what im Reading its the same

This is what I am inclined to believe to be true. Judging by the historical data, and the limited information available today, i see no reason why this limitation would not still be present.

By the way, I tried to improve my time on the pad and I can say this with confidence. Those of you who are 6 seconds faster than me need not worry. After 40 laps I didn't improve even by 100th of a second on the pad.

Where are you gaining that time. It's just an incredible amount :)
    Thomas allready confirmed in other topic that there will be NO headphone support via V2 base or wheel/hub...so until M$ comes with a wireless headphone or any descent action to keep the pad 'alive' while not using it...we have to keep troubling with charging the pad to use the wired headphones. @(++%#¤⊙ω®℃℉

That's good to know, thanks for the heads up.
  • the Head set will work the same as it does when using the TX Plug thr Head set into thr Controller abd if you dont want the Controller to Turn off you Leave it pluged in to XB1 VIA the USB Charging line.

The only Prob is it wont be wireless.
  • edited April 2015
    Natalie Bissell Just wait till i get to use my V2 on Forza!!! I will Set a Blazing Lap!!! I am No where Near as fast with a controler. I Havent Raced with a Controler since FM2 and i Had to Do Extensive Tuning to be Fast with it then... I used to get top 1% Top 500 with some work. Now days i dont Tune i drive all cars stock and i get Good Times... I Drive all Day for a Living so Give Me a Good wheel and Good Wheel physics on a Sim/Arcade Racer and im in My Comfort Zone.

Natalie Have you Tried that BMW at 900 yet??? its a Beast to Handle More power More Slip and Slide.

• Ive been Looking that up and so far from what im Reading its the same

This is what I am inclined to believe to be true. Judging by the historical data, and the limited information available today, i see no reason why this limitation would not still be present.

By the way, I tried to improve my time on the pad and I can say this with confidence. Those of you who are 6 seconds faster than me need not worry. After 40 laps I didn't improve even by 100th of a second on the pad.

Where are you gaining that time. It's just an incredible amount :)
    yeah I am 8 seconds off the pace, going to be hard to make that up with just switching to the wheel. 
  • When you Do the Monthly events on PS3 and Check your world Ranking its Shows wheather you Used a Controler or Wheel... I like that tjen you can compair your times to the wheel users only... The Top times in GT6 are usualy Held by Wheel users...wheel Physics for GT6 are Very Very Good.
  • edited April 2015
    Joshua Craig My best advice is Stick with the wheel... Drive All the Cars Stock Suspention and just add aero and Tires to Balance the Car out. after driving it Stock you will Learn all the Cars traits Brake early when to Feather and when to Full Throttle ETC. only then Should you Tune to make up fir the Cars Short falls on Diff Tracks. I think tuning is Mostly for Controler users IE: I have Very Strong Hands(Auto Mechanic by Trade) So for Me I Had to Deaden the Cars Turning because i Cant Feather the Joy stick/Throttle with my Fingers im either Full on of Off when using a Controler. im Naturaly Much Much Faster with a Wheel and Pedals! and i am Blazing Fast with a Good Wheel and Good Pedals... LOL
    edited April 2015
    Guys what I just got :)

a 2.27.665 (Pad Clean)

It was a scruffy lap but Its a clean one.
    I could definitely clean it up a bit and push more but It won't be easy. I could get a little more at turn 1 as ruined that, lifted at eu rouge and the last corner was a joke as I was breaking way to early.

it's ugly but :D

Edit:
    Just connected to XBL but my lap didn't go up?
    If you set a time off line (in free play) and then connect to XBL does it ignore your lap time if so that's me going to have to re-do that time =))

I threw up a 2.28.2xx in the mean time as that 2.27 wasn't recorded as it was done offline in free play mode and appears to have been ignored when I reconneced to XBL. Well done Forza!