Real race car steering wheel rims on Xbox One!

Comments

• Landon LoperLandon Loper Member
    edited May 2015

glad i didn't give them any preorder money. absolutely done giving them money up front and getting nothing in return and them not keeping dates
    - I bought a CSR XL Pack and they delivered it 30 days earlier

- I bought a CSL Seat and they delivered it 10 days earlier

- I bought a V2 Base and they delivered it 40 days earlier

Call
    me a lucky man but I'll continue to spend my money for these great products. This time it was not so perfect but I can live with that.

your case is extremely rare.

the point is, taking all the money up front and on the day it's supposed to ship you get oh it's now this month, then that month comes around and get an email, oh now it's a new month...or in this case of the hub there hasn't been a single official word...so they took all yall's money and wiped their ass with it and you still don't have the product or an official update

if they can't meet dates and especially give updates PRIOR to the original release date they shouldn't be taking all the money up front...something is just wrong with that when they consistently miss dates on several products.  some people have still been waiting since nov-jan on their cswv2 that people have reported on isr and iracing forums.
    I'd rather pay up front and wait than use plastic crap.
    what about not paying up front or paying a small deposit and not using plastic crap???  
    From who, you tell me who sells a powerful metal wheel base without pre-ordering with money?

ex: not a wheel but HPP doesn't require full payment up front. half at order and half at shipping time and a very tiny company compared to fanatec. there are some other higher end than fanatec gear out there too that don't take it all up front...

even if they do take it all up front...communication isn't garbage either...but fanatec isn't exactly know for timely and effective customer service either.
  • So to get a high quality wheel with pedals and shifter that works with XB1 and PCs I need to spend around £1300!!! Could buy the Thrustmaster TX with pro 3 pedal setup and shifter for less than half the price!!! I have the CSR wheel with elite pedals but no longer have my 360, only XB1 and my PC. Pretty poor show, if it was easy to make a hub for XB1 then why not make a stand alone wheel? Clearly you have the required tech to do it. Something that was actually accessible to more people would surely be a better? All you have succeeded in doing is scaring off return custom, from me and I would imagine a lot of others, GOOD JOB FANATEC!
    You get what you pay for, some of us don't want plastic crap wheels like TM make.  Something for people that want higher end is better, like you pointed out there is already cheap entry level crap available. You also couldn't be more wrong as the V2 is constantly on back order so nobody is "scared off"

Looks like SMS purposely fudged AMD performance, I shouldn't get the same performance as a R290x with a 7870. Doubt any of that DLC will sell to AMD GPU users unless they un-fudge it. Either they're crappy devs or they did it on purpose, take your pick . Wonder how much nvidia paid them to do it?

Talk about the pot calling the kettle black. 

From my experience, AMD are great at crunching benchmarks, but lack in performance for actual games. I learned my lesson some time ago and have never gotten another AMD since. These issues often appear far more rampant on AMD than Nvidia. I have also never been to a studio that uses AMD for development, so that should also tell you something. Nvidia is much better at providing support and being more pro-active with developers, which is why most modern games seem to show favoritism. But this is not the case, it is simply a matter of a better overall product.

I'm sorry to say, but if you have AMD, it's pretty much the equivelant of a TM wheel.. Shiny, crappy, plastic. 
  • Re shipping. Up until May the 28th my ship date remained May 28. I got this on the 29th. 
    "Dear Valued Customer,

Hereby we inform you that the shipping date for your order has been changed. 
    The estimated shipping date for CSW RUHX / ClubSport steering wheel Universal Hub for XBOX ONE is 06/03/2015 now.

You will get an email confirmation as soon as the goods ships from the warehouse.
    Thank you in advance for your understanding.

Best regards
    FANATEC webshop"
  • edited May 2015
    Availability: Open for Pre-Orders
    Availability date: 2015-08-31

What happened? You can't be serious?!
  • Availability: Open for Pre-Orders
    Availability date: 2015-08-31

What happened? You can't be serious?!
    If you're talking about the Xbox 1 hub that's been the preorder date from about 2 hours after it was put on the webshop. They sold out that fast!

• Glad to see we all got a reply even if it was later than it should have been.
    I understand fully that it's an estimated date, but we've all invested a lot of money in the products and should be kept fully up to date.
    I was also extremely lucky to get my V2 wheelbase 60 days early and a CSL seat 10 days early, I didn't expect that to be the case with this though, although deep down I hoped it would be. :(
  • I got my V2 base about a month early. Ordered a SSQ and was shipped with it. Ordered separately. Did request to ship together so got a refund on postage.
  • Every Day that I Sit Here and Cant Olay PCars because they Put out Garbage for Wheel Support the Madder i Get about it!!! Do they Think that FFB PDF Fixed anything??? It still Feels like Trash!!! Im about to join their.web site just so i Can Bash them!!!

FFB is fine for me on PC the CSW v2 felt good the CSW v1 felt good the GT3rs v2 felt good and my G27 feels good. I truly do not know where the complaints generate from TBH???

I suspect it's from people who have been playing only 1 or 2 games for a good period of time and it's just different to them.

• Re shipping. Up until May the 28th my ship date remained May 28. I got this on the 29th. 
    "Dear Valued Customer,

Hereby we inform you that the shipping date for your order has been changed. 
    The estimated shipping date for CSW RUHX / ClubSport steering wheel Universal Hub for XBOX ONE is 06/03/2015 now.

You will get an email confirmation as soon as the goods ships from the warehouse.
    Thank you in advance for your understanding.

Best regards
    FANATEC webshop"
    This is common when they are shipping things out and is basically a good sign to get one of these emails
  • Andrew ClarkAndrew Clark Member
    edited May 2015

Much Cheaper

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1UCRYhH-EGE

Guy is pretty funny too

• been trying for 6 days to get csw v2 wheelbase and wheel and pedals to run procars- game will not recognize sport pedals csp at all -have reinstalled fanatec drivers many times; using windows 7 both pedals and wheel are found on the fanatec wheel properties page- need for speed, many years old finds both pedals and wheel so i suspect fanatec club sport pedals cant work w pcars and fanatec latest drivers do not work properly. filed a support claim w fanatec- no response- probably will spend days removing all this fanatec stuff from my rig and go back to g27 wheel and pedals... the fanatec wheel is new just out of box--- badly regret the almost$1000 spent on this fanatec equip- dead paper weight-- my old porshe wheel had drivers that worked w csp club sport pedals

• been trying for 6 days to get csw v2 wheelbase and wheel and pedals to run procars- game will not recognize sport pedals csp at all -have reinstalled fanatec drivers many times; using windows 7 both pedals and wheel are found on the fanatec wheel properties page- need for speed, many years old finds both pedals and wheel so i suspect fanatec club sport pedals cant work w pcars and fanatec latest drivers do not work properly. filed a support claim w fanatec- no response- probably will spend days removing all this fanatec stuff from my rig and go back to g27 wheel and pedals... the fanatec wheel is new just out of box--- badly regret the almost$1000 spent on this fanatec equip- dead paper weight-- my old porshe wheel had drivers that worked w csp club sport pedals

You just need to go in to the Edit Assignments section of the controller and assign gas, brake and clutch to your pedals. Then go to the Calibrate Pedals section and calibrate them and you will be good to go.
  • edited May 2015
    Question... Does any 1 use their V2 at 100% FFB Regularly??? If So How Hot Does it Get and Do you Have any Problems with it.

I Have the PS4 FFB tune Really Nice Now!!! Working in the Final Versions.

V1) Has the Masters Set to 100 and the FFB Effects High So i Can Turn FFB Down on the wheel.... I Tweeked the FFB effects Below the FFB Clipping point and i use 75 to 85% FFB on Wheel.

V2) Has the Masters at 100 but the FFB effects are Set Low... That Lets Me Run the wheel at 100% FFB with No FFB Clipping.

They Both Feel 99% the same
  • When are they gonna release new wheel bases?
  • Much Cheaper

Guy is pretty funny too

And you get what you pay for. I have the CronusMax and have used it a grand total of ONE time. Translating a wheel's input, the CSR-E in my case, to controller input is an absolutely horrible hack. The input ends up being too much, or something, and Forza tries to compensate (since it thinks you are using a controller) which ends up in nothing but spins.

• glad i didn't give them any preorder money. absolutely done giving them money up front and getting nothing in return and them not keeping dates
    - I bought a CSR XL Pack and they delivered it 30 days earlier

- I bought a CSL Seat and they delivered it 10 days earlier

- I bought a V2 Base and they delivered it 40 days earlier

Call
    me a lucky man but I'll continue to spend my money for these great products. This time it was not so perfect but I can live with that.

your case is extremely rare.

the point is, taking all the money up front and on the day it's supposed to ship you get oh it's now this month, then that month comes around and get an email, oh now it's a new month...or in this case of the hub there hasn't been a single official word...so they took all yall's money and wiped their ass with it and you still don't have the product or an official update

if they can't meet dates and especially give updates PRIOR to the original release date they shouldn't be taking all the money up front...something is just wrong with that when they consistently miss dates on several products.  some people have still been waiting since nov-jan on their cswv2 that people have reported on isr and iracing forums.
    I'd rather pay up front and wait than use plastic crap.
    what about not paying up front or paying a small deposit and not using plastic crap???  
    From who, you tell me who sells a powerful metal wheel base without pre-ordering with money?

ex: not a wheel but HPP doesn't require full payment up front. half at order and half at shipping time and a very tiny company compared to fanatec. there are some other higher end than fanatec gear out there too that don't take it all up front...

even if they do take it all up front...communication isn't garbage either...but fanatec isn't exactly know for timely and effective customer service either.
    That's not what I asked.
  • Jason ShafferJason Shaffer Member
    edited May 2015

Looks like SMS purposely fudged ATi performance, I shouldn't get the same performance as a R290x with a 7870. Doubt any of that DLC will sell to ATi GPU users unless they un-fudge it. Either they're crappy devs or they did it on purpose, take your pick . Wonder how much nvidia paid them to do it?

Talk about the pot calling the kettle black. 

From my experience, AMD are great at crunching benchmarks, but lack in performance for actual games. I learned my lesson some time ago and have never gotten another AMD since. These issues often appear far more rampant on AMD than Nvidia. I have also never been to a studio that uses AMD for development, so that should also tell you something. Nvidia is much better at providing support and being more pro-active with developers, which is why most modern games seem to show favoritism. But this is not the case, it is simply a matter of a better overall product.

I'm sorry to say, but if you have AMD, it's pretty much the equivelant of a TM wheel.. Shiny, crappy, plastic. 

Good for your opinion, but I don't share it.

If you have nvidia then you have subpar Image quality and this is from someone who even owned the VERY FIRST nvidia GPU ever made the nv1 on the Diamond Edge 3D card. I'm sure with my experience in building and overclocking and tweaking PC's for so long that my results are different then yours and being a tech I don't need support to set my kit up. I'll stick with ATi for now and get one of their upcoming DX12 cards. I don't notice favoritism in performance, only your fanboyish post.

You'll also find that most people wish nvidia supported multiple monitors as well as ATi does, easily found with a search in the iRacing forums.

Hardly ATi's fault sms purposely fudged it. Now if you had said AMD CPU's which has nothing to do with ATi then I would 100% agree.
  • Much Cheaper

Guy is pretty funny too

A gamepad is even cheaper and faster response.
  • Question... Does any 1 use their V2 at 100% FFB Regularly??? If So How Hot Does it Get and Do you Have any Problems with it.

I Have the PS4 FFB tune Really Nice Now!!! Working in the Final Versions.

V1) Has the Masters Set to 100 and the FFB Effects High So i Can Turn FFB Down on the wheel.... I Tweeked the FFB effects Below the FFB Clipping point and i use 75 to 85% FFB on Wheel.

V2) Has the Masters at 100 but the FFB effects are Set Low... That Lets Me Run the wheel at 100% FFB with No FFB Clipping.

They Both Feel 99% the same
    Been @ 100% since day 1 and never lowered, no FFB fade at all. I'll never lower it from 100% because that will cause me to lose the very subtle effects.
  • So to get a high quality wheel with pedals and shifter that works with XB1 and PCs I need to spend around £1300!!! Could buy the Thrustmaster TX with pro 3 pedal setup and shifter for less than half the price!!! I have the CSR wheel with elite pedals but no longer have my 360, only XB1 and my PC. Pretty poor show, if it was easy to make a hub for XB1 then why not make a stand alone wheel? Clearly you have the required tech to do it. Something that was actually accessible to more people would surely be a better? All you have succeeded in doing is scaring off return custom, from me and I would imagine a lot of others, GOOD JOB FANATEC!
    You get what you pay for, some of us don't want plastic crap wheels like TM make.  Something for people that want higher end is better, like you pointed out there is already cheap entry level crap available. You also couldn't be more wrong as the V2 is constantly on back order so nobody is "scared off"

Back to your offensive best. Trustmaster and Logitech perfectly usable for titles like pcars with the sub standard ffb.

been trying for 6 days to get csw v2 wheelbase and wheel and pedals to run procars- game will not recognize sport pedals csp at all -have reinstalled fanatec drivers many times; using windows 7 both pedals and wheel are found on the fanatec wheel properties page- need for speed, many years old finds both pedals and wheel so i suspect fanatec club sport pedals cant work w pcars and fanatec latest drivers do not work properly. filed a support claim w fanatec- no response- probably will spend days removing all this fanatec stuff from my rig and go back to g27 wheel and pedals... the fanatec wheel is new just out of box--- badly regret the almost$1000 spent on this fanatec equip- dead paper weight-- my old porshe wheel had drivers that worked w csp club sport pedals

Lol didn't say any thing about csw & csp not being recognised something weird going on.

And Pcars FFB is crap. Go try RF2 or RRE. If only it had RRE physics and ffb now it would be good. Looks like SECTOR3 (Simbin) held onto the physics guys while Slightly mad have the graphics and fancy video\hype guys.  

• Much Cheaper

Guy is pretty funny too

As you proved with your fake times.

• Natalie BNatalie B Member, Moderator, Betatester
    edited May 2015
    Quick post as I'm trying to holiday it up, but just remembers that I forgot to ask previously...

Is there a dead zone built into the CSPv2 clutch.. I have about 25% of travel without any reporting from the driver?

I think that's a huge dead zone and would prefer it was 0 so I could set a dead zone in game.

Anyone have a pair and fancy checking ;)

Edit:
    Here is a video of a set of thrust master pedals that I found on YouTube ... Why I hear you ask...
    Because this is about exactly the same amount of dead zone I get on my clutch on my V2s? Is this amount of dead zone (on the clutch normal) if that was a set of v2s?

edited May 2015

Back to your offensive best. Trustmaster and Logitech perfectly usable for titles like pcars with the sub standard ffb.

been trying for 6 days to get csw v2 wheelbase and wheel and pedals to run procars- game will not recognize sport pedals csp at all -have reinstalled fanatec drivers many times; using windows 7 both pedals and wheel are found on the fanatec wheel properties page- need for speed, many years old finds both pedals and wheel so i suspect fanatec club sport pedals cant work w pcars and fanatec latest drivers do not work properly. filed a support claim w fanatec- no response- probably will spend days removing all this fanatec stuff from my rig and go back to g27 wheel and pedals... the fanatec wheel is new just out of box--- badly regret the almost$1000 spent on this fanatec equip- dead paper weight-- my old porshe wheel had drivers that worked w csp club sport pedals

Lol didn't say any thing about csw & csp not being recognised something weird going on.

And Pcars FFB is crap. Go try RF2 or RRE. If only it had RRE physics and ffb now it would be good. Looks like SECTOR3 (Simbin) held onto the physics guys while Slightly mad have the graphics and fancy video\hype guys.  

Says the guy who's opinion I couldn't possibly care any less about. The same guy who can't even figure out how to use a V2 and CSP with pCars. My FFB is not substandard, but I'm not using default and keith, wouldn't you actually have to know how to get your gear working before commenting on the FFB? 

My FFB is so good in pCars now that I can drift the Formula cars and catch the slides with ease, Jack Spade ftw, when you learn how to set up your gear you should try it, keith.

• Much Cheaper

Guy is pretty funny too

Are you too stupid to read a leaderboard keith? I must have some real talent to get my "FAKE" times posted on the leaderboard and marked as clean. Just because you suck doesn't mean everyone does. Stick to your bicycle and your little bicycling outfits keith
  • edited June 2015
    Keith Sharp do you Have PCars for PS4 or XB1??? If So I Can Help you Set your FFB!!!
    I Have Perfected My FFB Tweek... I Tried Jack Spades and it just wasnt Good for Me....
    PS4 PCars FFB Feels Like PC Now!!! PM Me...

It Took a While to go through the Settings But i Got it and Know What does What... Some Settings Have No Use... But i Have a Good Base FFB Tweek that Can be adjusted and Saved per Car.
  • edited June 2015
    Taken from another Forum.... Confirmation that My Tune works on CSR and Older Fanatec wheels!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Linx View Post
    Grimey, it works!! I went back and put in all the settings and got good results. The spring and dpr were at 0 and it felt a little heavy for my taste. So I dropped it to -4 and then eventually turned those two off. Now I can feel the traction loss. Though now the wheel feels a tad too light. So I turned the master and sop to 120 and it felt better. I was up late, tired and hungry. I kind of wished for a little more feel of the road. Funny thing is I was driving the BMW Z4 in the game. After I turned it off I set out to go get some food. I own a BMW 3 series and I know this sounds crazy but it's true, while driving I was getting the same exact road feel out of my real car that I was in the game. I remember laughing to myself cuz going around curves my subconscious mind was telling me not to give any hard inputs in the wheel cuz I felt like I'd lose traction. Of course I wasn't nt diving near the speeds as in the game. And being as tired as I was played into that. But today I got up and got back into playing my career and unfortunately one of the game bugs sprung up on me. Doing an invitational and every time I pit to adjust the cars tune everything goes back to default including FFB settings. Really sucks after getting the wheel to work right.

GrimeyDog
    Thnx!!! Ive Been Tweeking Trying to Make the FFB Feel Good... LOL I have 30+Hrs just into FFB Tweeking... I Havent Even Finished 4 Races yet!!! Were Getting there!!!
    All of My FFB Tweeking Has been Done on Stock Car Tunes...Ive been through all of the Settings and i Think its just a #'s Game Now to find your Sweet Spot on the Masters where i put the +or - Now... Nothing else that i Tweek with Seems to Have any effect Good or Bad... The Rest is up to the Update Patch but we Know that the FFB Physics are there Now...Ive got the game feeling Pretty Good... I May start on a few Suspention tunes Now and see How it feels.... Glad i was able to Share and that you got good Results. Let me Know how you get along with it and Maybe We can Find a way to Make it better.

Natali Bissel I Have Perfected the FFB!!! Hurry Back so i can Pist the PDF!!!.Wont Post it until its Tested a Few More Times.

• Much Cheaper

Guy is pretty funny too

Are you too stupid to read a leaderboard keith? I must have some real talent to get my "FAKE" times posted on the leaderboard and marked as clean. Just because you suck doesn't mean everyone does. Stick to your bicycle and your little bicycling outfits keith

Get your facts straight raced bicycles and motorbikes to quite a reasonable standard. I have a bit of substance unlike all your hot air and insults. Its obvious on here you just get on peoples nerves with your lovely abrasive personality.

Lets here your motor racing past then ?

• Joseph GossenJoseph Gossen Member, Moderator
    Come on guys, let's keep this small Fanatec community strong and supportive. Don't let it become like some other racing forums, where there are no decent conversations anymore.

edited June 2015

Much Cheaper

Guy is pretty funny too

Get your facts straight raced bicycles and motorbikes to quite a reasonable standard. I have a bit of substance unlike all your hot air and insults. Its obvious on here you just get on peoples nerves with your lovely abrasive personality.

Lets here your motor racing past then ?

Oh, I have my facts straight, keith. Send me a PM anytime you want to know what I really think of you, keith. Your insults are especially intimidating when thrown around wearing your little bicyclist outfit.

Do you mean "HEAR" ? No wonder you find reading a leaderboard so confusing.
  • edited June 2015
    I say Have a Race Off!!! I Know Keith Sharp is Ready... Jason Shaffer Lets Go!!! Put your Talk Where your Skills are at!!! None of that Joy Stick Crap Either Wheels Only!!! What do you Have on PC that yall can Race to Settle the dispute... Not Iracing and Not Forza5...How about Assetto Corsa thats Neutral Ground... I Have them all So Set a Time i will be there to Mediate. We Can Even Do Race Room on PC... Its Free to Play with Reasonable Free Content to Run!!! Jason Shaffer dont Make excuses!!! Lets Go If Not then your Scared and you Loose!!! Looser Has to Keep Quiet... Botton Line.