Universal Hub for Xbox is now shipping -UPDATE

Comments

• No assist I think, except clutch perhaps (also using flappy paddles....still waiting for my cables)...you should be able to see my stuff on your Xbox (I'm DriftTony in there)
  • edited June 2015
    WOW...Tsk Tsk Tsk!!! Why didnt that person just let the Avatar Run the Lap for them!!!
    I Run all Assist Off and Sim Steering Mode... Using any Assist actually Makes Me Slower than i already am... the assist Never Feel Right.

Hmmm Funny thing is that person Made sure to Cut them assit out of the pic. What a Fraud [-X
  • im Not Gonna Get anything Done this weekend!!! Gonna be too busey watchin the 24hrs of Lemans!!! Yup i will be Tunning that track on Pcars all weekend as well. I Love and Hate Audi they Need some Comp!!! Its Boring watching them.with No Real Comp... Hopefully Toyota and Porsche Step it up this year.
  • And testing patch 1.4... ; ) Gut feeling tells me we get it tomorrow!
  • Did anybody get an invite code for the V2 with the XOne hub?
    I wanna make someone else happy to purchase it!
  • Joseph GossenJoseph Gossen Member, Moderator
    Did anybody get an invite code for the V2 with the XOne hub?
    I wanna make someone else happy to purchase it!
    When is the ship date on that? LOL
  • Natalie BNatalie B Member, Moderator, Betatester
    edited June 2015
    No :(

I have given both my others away to members here already. I'd buy another V2 if I had an invite lol :D

2 off topic questions:
    Does the CS hand brake work on PS4/XBO?
    Do you know where to buy direct (screw on) replacements for the CSS knobs? I fancy a new one but ONLY if it's a direct screw on, not a grub screw universal fit :)
  • edited June 2015
    @ Joseph Hahaha...you know I mean the V2 base...clown.. ; )

@Natalie, CSS knobs ?? And no...handbrake no work yet, but it's supposed to be resolved in patch...see patch details. : )

• James SumnersJames Sumners Member
    edited June 2015

Okay, I'm done reading his garbage. If you're using Opera, go install Scripter[1], navigate to one of these forum pages, open the Scripter tool from the URL bar and then enter the following script as an "onload" script:

var _aList = document.querySelectorAll('a[href*="profile/3568"]');
    for (var i = 0, j = _aList.length; i < j; i += 1) {
    _aList.item(i).parentNode.parentNode.parentNode.parentNode.remove();
    }

It should also work with any other browser that has a "user scripts" extension.

Attached is a screenshot of it being added to Scripter.

[1] -- https://addons.opera.com/en/extensions/details/scripter-script-includer/?display=en

• And WHY would we do that?
  • And WHY would we do that?
    To delete his posts from your view on page load.
    edited June 2015
    And WHY would we do that?

Read the comments in the picture in the post ;) :D =))

@Antoine
    I mean the gear knob on the shifter, I fancy a new one but not a universal one, only if it's a direct fit.
    Also, I saw somewhere in here, someone had added a phone holder to their V2 base, where can one procure such a device! :D
  • Jason Shaffer i Dont Play Forza like you Dont play GT6 or IRacing... Not Hooking My TX up any more it makes a Good Paper weight... Nope after using the V2 i cant go back... we can Race on PS4 PCars i dont have a Hubb for XB1 and i Dont have it on PC either.
    I'll never be a sony pony and this thread is for a device for MS platforms XO and PC. It makes no sense to buy a ps4 to play a watered down version of a title I already own on PC. I do play on iRacing once in a while, but just NASCAR on ovals using my DK2 until the DX11 update comes along. You should have bought the hub it works awesome in FM5!
  • Maybe i will order to get in on the Next Shipment... Maybe....I want a Stand alone Rim... I Have No Meed for the Hub as inDont plan on Changing Rims if i buy it and put it together.... Ive always been Pro Xbox!!! But this time as Far as Racing Games Go im Liking Sony More than the Xbox.... FM5 with the TX was a Huge Let Down for me Not to Mention MS Pissed me off with their you Need a Extra Rim stuff while PS4 remains use what you Have.
  • Jason ShafferJason Shaffer Member
    edited June 2015
    Logitech seems to be back in the wheel business...their first FFB Wheel for XOne, the G920, will lauch in October and is targeted at 399€ - a optional H Shfter will be an extra of 59€ 

From the technical perspective, this wheel is no competition to the v2+XOne rim but it is great to see Logitech coming back to the "wheel game"....

btw...pCars with my v2/One Hub is awesome xD

Probly No comp as far as FFB... but Price wise they are gonna Eat up a good portion of sales... They have always had a loyal fan base... and from what i read their products are pretty good.. Competition is Good!!! It keeps every 1 on their toes.

To me this is a disappointment because I agree competition is good. It makes everyone elevate their game. But this wheel is a step back from the G27 IMO not an improvement.
    So belt drive and larger wheel rim is a step back from the gear driven G27?
  • Antoine on the PCars Forum i Read that Mid Next Week the Patch should Realease.
  • edited June 2015
    Antoine From what ive Read they Did Not Re work FFB....they Fixed the Dead Zone and Spring issues and Fixed a few Game Bugs....they just Set the FFB parameters to feel better for those that Didnt take the Time or couldnt get it Tweeked to feel Good based on Community input.

I Really Hope they didnt Follow Jack Spades Tweek i did Not like it at All.... But Dont Matter Soon as i Feel the update settings... Me No Like Me Plug My Settings Right Back In!!!

Edit: They Fixed the Brake Pedal and Rim Rumble/ABS Feature!!! Thats gonna be Great... You Never Know How important that is until you dont Have it!!!
    edited June 2015
    Ok, let's let the numbers do the talking....just did a 2:18.669 with the #007 Aston DBR9 (R900) on Spa in Forza....it really feels awesome in FM5! You can really feel what the car is up to! ;D

Btw Natalie nice setup you got! Like the 'tidy' approach a lot!
    I'll give that a shot when my pedals come back ;)
    R900 is that default, or have you tuned and added parts etc? If do did add parts, did you do it manually or "auto" (this is why I prefer running default setups keeps it simple and a level playing field) ;)

Cool, the R900 is either default or auto upgrade, with default setup....I did use a custom livery tho ;P

I'll get on that as soon as my pedals are fixed ;) Any Assists?

Did anyone else notice that "someone" has enabled "Traction Control" AND "Stability Control" (and some other assists) on their spa run just to even get CLOSE to my time ;)

I run with everything off (except semi auto clutch when required as its forced/required for cars with flappy paddle shifters :)
    Nope never saw any stability or any other assists except TC at all and go ahead turn traction control on, it actually slows the car down. The only reason it's on sometimes is for multiplayer because console racers constantly smash into you and I forgot to turn it off before the run on Spa. How about this, how about we just go for the FASTEST time possible use whatever R900 car you want use whatever assists you want, I don't really care.

Oh sorry you were talking about someone else, thought you meant me until you said "to come close to my time" , but I crushed your time, sorry for the confusion.
  • Really??? Whahahahahahaha. Big mouth fails dramatically! Couldn't spend time to even Doppler at pics...I'm done with that person.
    Me too...no assists except auto clutch until SQ shifter arrives on 5th of August. AND ALSO my time with controller was set with SIM settings, so even harder to drive!!!
    You should actually check facts instead of just believing BS spouted by someone who can't keep up. I don't care about your excuses the leaderboard is the leaderboard either you're ahead or you're behind, where do you fall?
  • Hi everyone here is my setup. Only got it yesterday so just installed the firmware and started driving. On the stock settings it feel pretty good so I can't wait to do some tweaking.

edited June 2015
    So oculus now allows streaming games from XBOX via Win10... Interesting move!
    I'd rather it connect directly to the console like PSMorph, than via a Win10 box though, as that could add some serious extra lag :-/

Ohh... Also, I found a great new desktop wallpaper too :)
    Unfortunately, it's not suitable for everyone :( as its been PROVEN to cause a certain "arcade" (full assist) gamers PANTS to actually catch ON FIRE :-O

FullAssistPantsOnFire.jpg
    edited June 2015
    So oculus now allows streaming games from XBOX via Win10... Interesting move!
    I'd rather it connect directly to the console like PSMorph, than via a Win10 box though, as that could add some serious extra lag :-/

Ohh... Also, I found a great new desktop wallpaper too :)
    Unfortunately, it's not suitable for everyone :( as its been PROVEN to cause a certain "arcade" (full assist) gamers PANTS to actually catch ON FIRE :-O

FullAssistPantsOnFire.jpg
    That's not full assists that's TC and auto clutch. Like I said turn  it on, TC makes your car slower. I notice you have auto clutch on, so much for your claim of nothing on, are your panties on fire now?
     I GUESS THAT'S WHY YOU CROPPED THE PIC, but you still couldn't crop out your auto clutch
    Looks like you're more than a full second off the pace and I did it in less than 10 minutes on the hub.

Should I go even faster or erase this time by changing cars and we can go for best leaderboard position for R900 on SPA, use whatever assists or car and tune you want?
  • Has any one else turned on Camra Shake with PCars??? It is Great To Drive in In Car View and see your Dash Board Shake the Same Time you Feel it in your Hands is Great and adds Such a More Real Feel to PCars... The Camra Shake Looks So Real and the V2 Feels So Natural it actually Made Me Faster.
    edited June 2015
    I've not tried it yet as I turn all movement off, I'll try it though :)
    Still trying to get a good FOV that I agree with.

I set GForce to 25 and world movement to 75 to really reduce the in car movement, I'll give it a shot though and see how it goes :)

Pedals should be back Monday/Tuesday =D> (Johannes is one hell of a fast worker) :D

For anyone having trouble reading the image posted above:
    The full {} means FULL STM AND FULL TCS.
    If you only use 1 of those assists, you will only see a half circle {| in the corresponding direction |} (like semi auto clutch) which is forced on certain race vehicles.

The HALF |} on the right means "semi" auto clutch (sequential flappy paddles)

So the time above mine was using STM and TCS and Auto Clutch (essentially ALL assists possible in the game) are enabled.

Quote from some Forza literature:
    "unless you're an expert, it's worth having TCS on, as it's a huge help, and doesn't cost you much of a bonus."

Quote from ForzaMororsport:
    "One semi circle is for TCS, the other is for STM.
    If it is empty then the player has used neither. If both are there then they have used both."
  • Natalie i Left the Camra Shake on what ever it is at its default Setting just to Try it... Its Great The Default FOV inside the Car is ok for me... i think its at 80.
    Maybe i will order to get in on the Next Shipment... Maybe....I want a Stand alone Rim... I Have No Meed for the Hub as inDont plan on Changing Rims if i buy it and put it together.... Ive always been Pro Xbox!!! But this time as Far as Racing Games Go im Liking Sony More than the Xbox.... FM5 with the TX was a Huge Let Down for me Not to Mention MS Pissed me off with their you Need a Extra Rim stuff while PS4 remains use what you Have.
    Hey Grimey,

I've been debating jumping to PS4 but other than using Fanatec as is what other reasons would there be to jump? Most games are cross platforms.
    edited June 2015
    Natalie i Left the Camra Shake on what ever it is at its default Setting just to Try it... Its Great The Default FOV inside the Car is ok for me... i think its at 80.

Yea I find with 80 I don't see enough out the front window (my eyes are 64" away from my screen) and lower fov really kills the speed and I find it hard to judge how fast I'm going :-/

Lately I've been using bonnet cam until I find the perfect fov or somehow get even closer to the screen :D

Fov 80 and moving the seat forward helped a bit though... I'll try camera shake tomorrow as I've never actually enabled that feature :)
    Antoine your prediction might just be correct. PC Users are reporting patch 1.4 out now (531mb download). Maybe tomorrow is the day.
  • edited June 2015
    Joseph Z Gossen Said:
    Hey Grimey,

I've been debating jumping to PS4 but other than using Fanatec as is what other reasons would there be to jump? Most games are cross platforms.

I only Like PS for Racing Games they seem Closer to PC than XBox...I Dont Like the PS Controller at All... I only Bought PS4 for Project Cars and GT7 when it finally comes Comes out....Any Game that i Need a Controller for im going XBox... the XBox Controller is Much more Comfortable to Me.
    Joseph Z Gossen Said:
    Hey Grimey,

I only Like PS for Racing Games they seem Closer to PC than XBox...I Dont Like the PS Controller at All... I only Bought PS4 for Project Cars and GT7 when it finally comes Comes out....Any Game that i Need a Controller for in going XBox... the XBox Controller is MuCh more Comfortable to Me.

That has been what has kept me on Xbox One, although it is frustrating the limits M$ puts on both developers and we the consumers.