Universal Hub for Xbox is now shipping -UPDATE

Comments

• So... nobody moderates this blog it seems. What a train wreck. 
  • So... nobody moderates this blog it seems. What a train wreck. 
    I second!
  • @Natalie, I think, like with the XOne hub, the CSS is designed in that way so we can use any suitable knob for real cars can also be used on the CSS. Just check YT vids I've seen loads of different knobs on guys rigs.

@Grimey, if they can resolve centre spring issue I'm already a happy racer with your settings!!!! Steering now feels like I'm driving a mid 80s car right now!!!! Drove a formula rookie competition 2 days ago with master and Sop scale on 100...WOWWWW..that was too much ...LoL And I think the off centre issue is a Fanatec mess up, because fw 065 hasn't got it.
    I'm using shake cam from day one, cause I drive helmet cam only...it's such a great feeling. Try Formula Rookie on Catalunya school with heavy rain and shake cam on Natalie...you'll discover a whole new thing!!!
  • Both myself and trevor have said dont respond to him but there are a few people here who just keep feeding him so the trainwreck continues.

• Ok, let's let the numbers do the talking....just did a 2:18.669 with the #007 Aston DBR9 (R900) on Spa in Forza....it really feels awesome in FM5! You can really feel what the car is up to! ;D

Btw Natalie nice setup you got! Like the 'tidy' approach a lot!

Jason, do you also use the 'normal'-setting for the controller in FM5?
    Ok I accepted the challenge and I have to say THE HUB MADE ME FASTER! right out of the box!

I just stayed in the BMW so I could beat Natalie and pound grimey's time!
    Pulled out on the track on my 106" screen

Did a few laps

Not bad for first few laps on SPA with the new hub 2:18.425

Always fun crushing that mouthy braggart Grimey

Grimey, you may want to get a real monitor if you see the lights as pink

And for Natalie, I was sipping coffee and smoking a bowl while I crushed your time ;)

WOW, haven't seen a TV like that in almost 15 years!
  • Natalie BNatalie B Member, Moderator, Betatester
    edited June 2015
    So... nobody moderates this blog it seems. What a train wreck. 
    I second!

+1
    Please give someone the ability to give infractions (24/48 hours cool off ban etc) offenders posts must be approved etc!
    Both myself and trevor have said dont respond to him but there are a few people here who just keep feeding him so the trainwreck continues.

Hands up, I'm guilty of that :(
    I think it's my mothering instincts though...

On the plus side:
    PS4 PCars 1.4 patch as been confirmed for today :D
  • edited June 2015
    Yay!!!.... Ok im Guilty...
  • Natalie BNatalie B Member, Moderator, Betatester
    Shall we pinky promise to not do it again ;)
  • Oliver GehlerOliver Gehler Member
    edited June 2015

Fanatec V2 Base and Universal-HUB works good on Xbox One. My FFB-Setup in Project CARS could be better but i have hope in the patch v1.4. How are the FFB difference between Forza5 and Project CARS? I didn't bought Forza5 last year without a Fanatec Wheel. ;)

https://youtu.be/WQ_0ccj2Do4

One lap with a BMW M3 (E30) on Watkins Glen. ;)

• edited June 2015
    Whoehahhahahaha....my gut feeling was right!!!
    Left my ps4 in rest mode especially last night for today!
  • edited June 2015
    Check this...got it from other topic here.
    Warning to the people here making this forum a mess with the endless bickering: stop it now, or you'll get removed. This is a support forum, not a mud throwing contest.
  • Btw, is it on PCars forum yet....didn't see Andy tweet it yet
  • Check this...got it from other topic here.
    Warning to the people here making this forum a mess with the endless bickering: stop it now, or you'll get removed. This is a support forum, not a mud throwing contest.
    That topic was tame compared to this one. He nailed it when he said "people". Many of us need to accept that we are to blame also it's not just one guy. We fed the beast. I acknowledge my part in this childish behavior. I won't do it any longer. For those that stayed above the fray please accept my apologies for my role. I wish everyone a great weekend of racing.
  • What settings are folks using on Xbox one for both FM5 and Pcars?
    Finally got to have a little play last night and the feedback is crazy!
    Oh and please remember
  • edited June 2015
    Nope... Natalie No Pinky Swear from me [-X LOL... But if we All Hit that Little Flag Button When that Person Starts Maybe things will change.
  • Completely agree about enabling the forum to have moderators. Fanatic should recruit volunteers and incentivise them in some form.

Sifting the **** from the good stuff detracts from the experience.
  • Ok So who has the Patch??? Is it any Good???
  • What settings are folks using on Xbox one for both FM5 and Pcars?
    Finally got to have a little play last night and the feedback is crazy!
    Oh and please remember
    Search for Grimeys latest FFB settings Daniel, they're on page 11 of the 'Real steering wheel' or 'XOne and ps4 compatibility' down bellow almost bottom page!

• edited June 2015
    I think these are going to be my Final Tweek Settings unless the update Changes Something..... I fine Tuned these on PS4 PCars so you may have to + or - where Noted for XB1 PCars

Edit: This FFB Tweek should be used on a Stock Car Suspension Tune First to Get a Good Feel For it.
  • Daniel: in FM5 use 'normal' mode for your controller setting (in assists) and I have the Force Feedback and Vibration force on 65 in the game (left all default for now on the hub itself).

Natalie: About the handbrake support, see a few pages back...it's not supported on the Xbox One :-/  (...yet, Fanatec is investigating a solution)
  • The 1.4 Patch will be released today per the Project Cars Forums wooooooot woooooooot http://forum.projectcarsgame.com/showthread.php?30884-PS4-Patch-1-4-Release-notes/page7

• Check this...got it from other topic here.
    That topic was tame compared to this one. He nailed it when he said "people". Many of us need to accept that we are to blame also it's not just one guy. We fed the beast. I acknowledge my part in this childish behavior. I won't do it any longer. For those that stayed above the fray please accept my apologies for my role. I wish everyone a great weekend of racing.
    Thanks for manning up, Chris. If everyone follows your lead, this will all be behind us. Time now to move on. Cheers everyone!  :)>-
  • Thanks, Grimey, for the set-up pdf. I saved it  to my Fanatec and FM5 folders and printed for reference. I STILL haven't got my base/rim yet. Shipped from BC on the 8th. Should be here any day now. Will definitely plug in your suggested settings and feedback any observations. 

Not to be too greedy here, but could someone do something similar for a list of start-up, connection, firmware versions, update versions to follow at initial set-up. There has been a lot of feed back by Natalie, Grimey, Antoine and Toon (sorry if I left out any contributors) as to their trial and error with the installation to PC and to Xbox. That would be very helpful if someone could summarize the best connections to-date. 
    Cheers!

Thanks everyone for your hard and dedicated work.
  • Trevor GeddisTrevor Geddis Member
    edited June 2015
    And WHY would we do that?

Also, I saw somewhere in here, someone had added a phone holder to their V2 base, where can one procure such a device! :D
    Nat, I saw this on the Fanatec Game Shop page. That is a cell phone on the hub. "Optional holder for mobile phones available separately"
      ... http://www.fanatec.com/us-en/steering-wheels/clubsport-steering-wheel-universal-hub-us.html
  • And WHY would we do that?

Also, I saw somewhere in here, someone had added a phone holder to their V2 base, where can one procure such a device! :D
    Nat, I saw this on the Fanatec Game Shop page. That is a cell phone on the hub. 
    • Optional holder for mobile phones available separatly
      ... http://www.fanatec.com/us-en/steering-wheels/clubsport-steering-wheel-universal-hub-us.html
    That's been announced but not been made available yet.
  • My smartphone is too big for MY wheel...won't fit in between now. Maybe with new Sparco I hope.

@Trevor hook up everything to your base Hub too. Then hook it up to your pc. Download the right file, 32 or 64 bit driver 219, unpack and install the Fanatec driver. Push the start button AND HOLD IT for about 10 sec until light around button turns blue. It's now in update modus. Normally the driver detects your V2 base and you'll see an update window. Click 'continue' and update firmware. If not recognized double click the black 'F' on desktop.
    Your base will restart on its own now. 094 on display. Then centre calibrate the wheel according to the downloadable user manual on XOne hub product page.
    If you wanna test your gear, in Windows 8.1, close the Fanatec window...set wheel in pc modus according to manual. Start up Fanatec application again a and your good to test.
    Once done, base shut down. Unplug usb from pc, plug it in your XOne, turn on XOne and base and your good to race!!!

Might have a little flaw, but wrote while driving and all by thought...not at home right now!!! Cheers
  • You're the best Antoine. Thanks. Can't wait to get her all fired up!

• edited June 2015
    Yw Trevor..always willing to help any way I CAN.
    If there are flaws in my manual please let me know asap!
    Cheers
  • Just got word that my kit cleared Canada Customs yesterday at 1:57 PM. So, from Vancouver to my home in Ontario... Won't see it until next Monday-Tuesday. Rats!
  • This just in. Fingers and toes crossed... 
    Expected delivery: 2015/06/12

Delivery Standard Date

Delivery Standard Date

Delivery Standard: 2015/06/12

What is a Delivery Standard?

The delivery standard represents our delivery commitment for items deposited on business days before the local cut-off time. Deposits received on holidays and weekends, or after the last collection time specified on a street letter box or at a Post Office, are considered as accepted on the next business day. Read more about delivery standards

What is Expected Delivery?

Expected delivery is an estimate of when we will attempt delivery of an item based on where it is in our network. This date is not guaranteed and will continue to be updated as your item travels to its destination. The date may be before, after, or on the same day as the Delivery Standard and is updated based on local information.

Service: International Inbound Parcel

Expected delivery

Expected delivery is an estimate of when we will attempt delivery of an item based on where it is in our network. This date is not guaranteed and will continue to be updated as your item travels to its destination. The date may be before, after, or on the same day as the Delivery Standard and is updated based on local information.

See a range of delivery days? Exact delivery standards exist for every origin-destination combination. Exceptions apply in some areas. Consult ourdelivery standards tool or ourshipping products & services information.

Expected delivery

See a range of delivery days? Exact delivery standards exist for every origin-destination combination. Exceptions apply in some areas. Consult ourdelivery standards tool or ourshipping products & services information.

A bar showing 'In Transit'

• Indicates your item is en route to a postal facility at the destination.

A bar showing 'Check Track History'

• Indicates the delivery of your item has been interrupted. Check the Track History section below for specific details.
    • For Return to Sender items, the progress bar will not track the delivery of the returned item but new scan events will display in Track History.

A bar showing 'Out for Delivery'

• Indicates that your item is on its way to its final destination.
    LA MIRADA, , US
    BRADFORD, ON
    Accepted
    In transit
    Delivered
    Date received
    2015/06/08
    Current date
    2015/06/12
    Expected delivery 
    2015/06/12