Universal Hub for Xbox is now shipping -UPDATE

Comments

• Im No getting any Clippng im Pretty Much Running my Old Tweek Settings again and its just Fine I set FFB to 75 and No Clipping Prob
  • edited June 2015
    Cause your running fw 065 !
  • Trevor GeddisTrevor Geddis Member
    edited June 2015
    Yeah Trevor, blue light only on left side down. Keeps flashing until update is ready and restarts your wheel.
    Can't you start the wheel up in update modus, holding start button over 10 sec until light turns blue from start. So don't turn on and then hold, but hold immediately ?
    Yup. Held the button for 8-10 seconds. Light starts to flash, flash screen loads on the pc, connected, then flash, then device recognized, then flash did not complete. Did that a few times. Deleted the 219. Reloaded, same affect. Then, after 5-6 times, no power at all. I'll wait now for support to advise. Thanks!
  • Hey has anyone got the CSSSQ working in FM5 or FH2? I can only get it going in Sequential Mode, but when using the CSSSQ in sequential the next event always starts in whatever gear you ended the last event in instead of 1st. If I just use paddle shifters all is fine and normal.

This is strange because the CSSQ works fine in FM4 and FH1, maybe we need another game patch and FW update?

• Grimey what do you mean reset the ffb settings can you post a step by step of what needs to be done? Also does the fanatec wheels work with driveclub?
  • Julian Jackson Go to the Controler Screen and Push the Triangle button to Reset your wheel settings...Take a Look at your FFB settings in the Calabrate FFB Screen before you reset after reset they should.be diff and FFB update is Loked in
  • Joseph GossenJoseph Gossen Member, Moderator
    Problem solved, for now.  :))
    Is that a toilet seat ? OMG dying on the floor right now.
  • Natalie BNatalie B Member, Moderator, Betatester
    edited June 2015
    What, how or where do I set the AA to 0 Natalie, and THANX for the info.
    I've read that resetting wheel control was a bad choice because it gave instant acces to strong wheel clipping...so Natalie watch out!!!

BUT !!!! What I experienced, with the new fw 094, it was seriously reduced !!! But if you do encounter it...bringing tire force down to 60 should resolve it.
    But this should not have happened...patch needed for the patch...lol

Hey :)
    Its under the "visual" options in the settings menu (where you enable lens flare etc) it's a PS4 only option.

There is a slider at the bottom (defaults to 20%) which is still to much for me (and many others).

When disabled (set to 0) it uses the PC/XBO style MSAA plus motion blur (which is the best imo) and when enabled its the vomit enducing ghosting.

TXAA is great for games akin to Tomb Raider, TLOU, uncharted etc as they are slower paced and TXAA can really help them substantially, however in fast paced games (such as racers) this type of AA it's just not suitable (imo)

If you disable it you'll get the PC/XBO level of AA + MB (as its direct,y related to MB in PCars) which, while looking crystal clear and pin sharp, does have a little added "shimmer" ... But for me, shimmer in the distance of certain (thin) objects now and again is much better than a smeared water paint effect all over the game at all times ;)

I'm really glad SMS gave users a choice, it's a fantastic decision and they get my respect for that! :)
    If only other devs would give us a choice and not force their decisions upon us.
    edited June 2015
    Examples of the new patch 1.4 (TXAA Slider) on PS4
    Sorry this is off topic slightly:
    Photos taken from NG.

FYI as well as performance improvements, graphical improvements and bug fixes the patch also brings added effects such as dust, dirt, improved rear light reflections etc :)

It's definitely coming together very nicely, just need to get my pedals back on Monday and I'm good to go :)

• LOL Guess who Got a Infraction on the PCars web Page??? LOL Me From that you know who dude...inbox me i will tell you...but any way i said that SMS is too Dum to make a PDF with clear instructions for their game and Pow... infraction... Guess Truth Hurts cause Their is No PDF describing what does what... Shrugggs :((
  • Does anyone know if the fanatec wheels work with Drive club? I'm thinking of picking it up but read that only thrustmaster wheels work with it but the article was very old. 
  • edited June 2015
    Nope Will Not work with Drive Club unless they Down Loaded the FFB Driver to work with the game. pretty much like PCars day 1 update to make the wheels work.
  • So there is a FFB driver that comes with the game? Also i have noticed in P cars certain cars dont have any FFB with the wheel settings such as the new BMW LMP and the Mitsubishi EVO. Does any one know why this is?
  • No Julian, Team Fanatec sent the Fanatec drivers to the game developers so they can implement those in THEIR games...so it's up to Evo Studio to give their costumers what they want !!!!
    Loss of FFB is random...I get it too sometimes and now with the latest patch the game even crashes when restarting the CSW base !!!!!
  • Problem solved, for now.  :))
    Yeah. When I got my Xbox hub/GT rim order there was no rim in the shipment. So I made my own. LOL. Now that my never-been-used V2 base won't flash the new Xbox 219 firmware, and even worse, no power, I think that "rim" was somewhat prophetic. I'm now in a holding pattern, waiting for response from Support. Received the base last November. Received the hub June 12. Still not racing. Oh well. Woe is me. But, I will remain positive. Too old now to worry about stuff like this. Now, I think I'll go kick the dog. 

:P
  • Tried to fire up the base again after you pulled the plug for about a day now?
  • Tried to fire up the base again after you pulled the plug for about a day now?
    Yeah. Last night. This morning. And about 5 minutes ago. Nope, no power. I checked the output of the power supply with a multi-meter. All good. So the base is a brick. 
  • Jses....what a bummer!!!!
  • edited June 2015
    Someone try making a picture in PCars with the XOne hub used in PS4 version...LMAO
    Simply impossible
  • Has anyone else found Forza horizon 2 difficult to get the wheel working nicely??? FM5 is great but horizon just doesn't feel good....in fact it's terrible.

• Mine works fine with FH2, the only issue is no support for the CSSQ

• So, since this is the Xbox shipping thread, I'll post this here. I sent this message to Fanatec this evening when I got back from the post office. 
    "With regard to my order number *******, sales order number *******: My order was shipped incomplete. I received today the XboxOne Universal Hub. But, the GT rim was not included. I am VERY disappointing with this. I have been waiting somewhat impatiently for this order to be fulfilled. Only to find now that the order was not shipped as specified. The Fulfillment Packing List shows "1 CSW RUHX and 1 UHRGT". But the label on the shipping box shows only "1 gaming-ClubSport Wheel Rim GT". The packing list does not even match the shipping label! Not to mention the box contained a hub, not a rim as indicated on the label. 
    I expect this oversight to be rectified immediately without additional cost to me. I already paid shipping for the full order, which is incomplete. I have paid customs duties and taxes on this incomplete order.
    Please contact me with confirmation this issue will be rectified with EXPEDITED SHIPPING no later than early next week."

Needless to say my head is about to explode. But, I guess I could screw a couple of 1 X 2's to the hub and use it that way. Flintsone style. 
     Arghhh.

So you got nailed for GST and brokerage fee's? I didn't pay anything, I think customs forgot to bill me.
    Problem solved, for now.  :))
    Yeah. When I got my Xbox hub/GT rim order there was no rim in the shipment. So I made my own. LOL. Now that my never-been-used V2 base won't flash the new Xbox 219 firmware, and even worse, no power, I think that "rim" was somewhat prophetic. I'm now in a holding pattern, waiting for response from Support. Received the base last November. Received the hub June 12. Still not racing. Oh well. Woe is me. But, I will remain positive. Too old now to worry about stuff like this. Now, I think I'll go kick the dog. 

:P
    Damn. I received my base on Dec 22 still haven't played. Fired it up to make sure there is power but I have no way of actually testing the unit. Hopefully when I receive the hub in August I will have time to test it before the warranty is up. argue frustrating I know.
    So, since this is the Xbox shipping thread, I'll post this here. I sent this message to Fanatec this evening when I got back from the post office. 
    "With regard to my order number *******, sales order number *******: My order was shipped incomplete. I received today the XboxOne Universal Hub. But, the GT rim was not included. I am VERY disappointing with this. I have been waiting somewhat impatiently for this order to be fulfilled. Only to find now that the order was not shipped as specified. The Fulfillment Packing List shows "1 CSW RUHX and 1 UHRGT". But the label on the shipping box shows only "1 gaming-ClubSport Wheel Rim GT". The packing list does not even match the shipping label! Not to mention the box contained a hub, not a rim as indicated on the label. 
    I expect this oversight to be rectified immediately without additional cost to me. I already paid shipping for the full order, which is incomplete. I have paid customs duties and taxes on this incomplete order.
    Please contact me with confirmation this issue will be rectified with EXPEDITED SHIPPING no later than early next week."

Needless to say my head is about to explode. But, I guess I could screw a couple of 1 X 2's to the hub and use it that way. Flintsone style. 
     Arghhh.

So you got nailed for GST and brokerage fee's? I didn't pay anything, I think customs forgot to bill me.
    It's coming they never forget LOL
  • Just an FYI if you loose FFB on some of the cars randomly you will need to go back to the controls page and hit triangle again to reset your wheel to default then input Grimey's settings again and it will work on that car. This is even if you reset it once so anytime you feel loss of FFB in certain cars you will need to do the reset and save settings all over again.
  • Ok so here's my question. I held off on pCars for fear of issues. (I was dead one btw. :( )
    So if I was to take the leap now besides PC version which is best now? Which do you feel will be best in the long run. So let's it's guys and gals.

PS4 or XB1 now?
    PS4 or XB1 long run?

Thanks for the help. Btw the new 1TB XB1 with the new controller looks great.
    Difficult choice to be honest Chris...

The PS4 is graphically better, audibly better, smoother, faster but has some very specific bugs that annoy many users (shadow bug is very prominent, lod, popup, blurry textures (AF still lower than Xbox) netcode needs work, ffb bugs etc...)

Xbox is uglier, but also has some bugs too (crash to dash, ffb, no buttons to map to, no neutral at all on H patter shifter)

Both games need serious work still (but do work and are fun even now) and according to SNS we won't be seeing a patch for a while. The next patch is likely to be 2.0 and will include a LOT of fixes/features/fixes.

I'd say wait as long as you can, then get the cheapest version available ;)
  • If you only have the XOne hub to play with...buy the XOne version. I'm encountering one problem after the other playing the ps4 version with Hub.
    All about button mapping. And not being able to navigate PS menu's with the wheel, cause it's not officially supported by Sony.
  • If you only have the XOne hub to play with...buy the XOne version. I'm encountering one problem after the other playing the ps4 version with Hub.
    All about button mapping. And not being able to navigate PS menu's with the wheel, cause it's not officially supported by Sony.

I have all rims but the standard Formula. But this is good info for everybody to know. Looks like PC version only. For now
  • So, since this is the Xbox shipping thread, I'll post this here. I sent this message to Fanatec this evening when I got back from the post office. 

Arghhh.

It's coming they never forget LOL
    Nope, too late. I already have the goods here and they're not getting a dime.