Universal Hub for Xbox is now shipping -UPDATE

Comments

• Ok so here's my question. I held off on pCars for fear of issues. (I was dead one btw. :( )
    So if I was to take the leap now besides PC version which is best now? Which do you feel will be best in the long run. So let's it's guys and gals.

PS4 or XB1 now?
    PS4 or XB1 long run?

Thanks for the help. Btw the new 1TB XB1 with the new controller looks great.
    Obviously, the PC is the best version by 100 miles, but I would stay away from ps4 and their ugly washed out graphics due to poor colour stauration. I also wouldn't pay extra for a 1TB XO when you can just add a 4TB HDD for $100 like I did.
  • Wheel Settings Set DOR to Off Let PCars Control the DOR... Everything else in wheel i Leave as it is.

The FW Did you unzip the File and Tell it to Run as admin???

The ABS Rumble Does Not work with PCars until the Update v1.4
    ABS rumble worked for me prior to the 1.4 patch.
  • Ok so here's my question. I held off on pCars for fear of issues. (I was dead one btw. :( )
    So if I was to take the leap now besides PC version which is best now? Which do you feel will be best in the long run. So let's it's guys and gals.

PS4 or XB1 now?
    PS4 or XB1 long run?

Thanks for the help. Btw the new 1TB XB1 with the new controller looks great.
    Obviously, the PC is the best version by 100 miles, but I would stay away from ps4 and their ugly washed out graphics due to poor colour stauration. I also wouldn't pay extra for a 1TB XO when you can just add a 4TB HDD for $100 like I did.
    I really like the new controller. But I can buy it separately. I've added memory to my X1 also. Went with the Collective Minds Media Hub (which I know you're not fond of lol) but being a mod/helper for disabled gamers garnered me a discount. :)
  • Jason ShafferJason Shaffer Member
    edited June 2015

I bought a 4TB Seagate HDD last black Friday sale for only $100 Canadian on Amazon.ca . I had filled the 500GB in just one year. With the announcement of backward compatibility I think my 4TB drive will get fairly full as I still own 79 Xbox 360 games just on disc alone.

I also like the new elite controller ($150 is very expensive though) and always need new ones as NHL 15 destroys controllers.....oops...

• edited June 2015
    Damn, Damn, Damn....seems like PCars finally released the 1.4 patch for XOne...but can't download because of Live service issues.....UN F-IN believable...
    Edit:

EVERYBODY WATCH OUT WITH THE XONE HUB using it on XOne with NEW PATCH for PCars.....after you press the striped button and the game starts to load it INSTANTLY starts to turn from left to right VERY FAST....KING OF CLIPPING THIS ONE.
  • I patched to 1.4 a few days ago and don't have that problem.
  • Antoine, you have to reset your Wheel Settings once you entered the game after installing the patch to get rid of the "wobble"
  • edited June 2015
    Ohw yeahhh...was needed with ps4 too.....dumb ass me!
    THNX for bringing that to my attention Jacob. ^:)^
  • I've opened a XOne hub issue thread on PCars forum...cause I all most broke 2 thumbs earlier this evening testing the new patch.
    So I thought it would be best to have them all in one place concerning PCars!!!
  • Getting some serious wobble on the straights on formula A project Cars. Ive had to turn down FFB to 15% just to drive the dam thing in a straight line. Other then that all other cars are fine. FFB feels better .
  • I set the in game FFB at 35 and Tire Force at 75...try that one...I ain't got the wobble either.
  • Watching E3 FM6 trailershas pushed me over the edge, I think im about to take the plunge and order the Xbone hub, v3 pedals and v2 base!

Need an EU invite code for the base if anyone has one please, otherwise grateful for pointing to correct thread to request where I might have more luck.

Cheers!
  • Thanks will give it a try when i finish work
  • No more invite codes needed for V2 base guys n girls...
  • €750? ouch. Glad i brought mine pre price hike
  • Hey hey, what's this?  An email from UPS saying a package will be delivered *tomorrow*?

I wasn't expecting anything until end August (tbh I was expecting it to be delayed) ... *hope* it's not just the v2 base but also the xbox hub otherwise the wait will be even more excruciating!

Guess I'll be working from home tomorrow then ... just to take delivery of course.

Anyone else in the same boat?
  • I patched to 1.4 a few days ago and don't have that problem.
    No more invite codes needed for V2 base guys n girls...
    You still need one for North America guys, girls and Bruce Gender.
  • No more invite codes needed for V2 base guys n girls...

Thanks Antoine. If I order the base, V3 pedals and hub, can anyone confirm the whole order will be held back until all items in stock i.e. Base not shipped but held back until later this year when hub AND pedals available?

When does warranty start for items - at payment, or upon despatch?

Thanks!
  • I dunno about shipment...maybe you can just order and send an e-mail to Fanatec via your order status page.
    But the 2 year warranty starts the day you'll get your invoice...at date of arrival at your home that is...could be a day early or later...but that's it.
  • Going back and playing some FM5 after a bit of hiatus, I'm even more disappointed that Fanatec didn't notify people who had invites for the CSWv2 that the XBone Hub was available. *sigh* Now it's a toss up as to how I will end up starting FM6 -- with a controller or wheel.
  • Trevor GeddisTrevor Geddis Member
    edited June 2015
    Going back and playing some FM5 after a bit of hiatus, I'm even more disappointed that Fanatec didn't notify people who had invites for the CSWv2 that the XBone Hub was available. *sigh* Now it's a toss up as to how I will end up starting FM6 -- with a controller or wheel.
    James, you pretty much have to tune into this blog site on a very regular basis. News is sometimes leaked with a bit of a teaser, like the new V3 pedals, with a more detailed post in a new blog post from the host after a few days. I had an invite for the CSWv2, reserved it immediately. And found out about the the Xbone compatible hub here, in a blog post. Bought it right away (no invite). Found out about the V3 pedals here, in a blog post (no invite). Bought it right away. That's just the way they work around here. I'm thinking the invite process is not being used any more. So, it's a good idea to check in often for new blog posts for new products. 
    Cheers!
  • Going back and playing some FM5 after a bit of hiatus, I'm even more disappointed that Fanatec didn't notify people who had invites for the CSWv2 that the XBone Hub was available. *sigh* Now it's a toss up as to how I will end up starting FM6 -- with a controller or wheel.
    James, you pretty much have to tune into this blog site on a very regular basis. News is sometimes leaked with a bit of a teaser, like the new V3 pedals, with a more detailed post in a new blog post from the host after a few days. I had an invite for the CSWv2, reserved it immediately. And found out about the the Xbone compatible hub here, in a blog post. Bought it right away (no invite). Found out about the V3 pedals here, in a blog post (no invite). Bought it right away. That's just the way they work around here. I'm thinking the invite process is not being used any more. So, it's a good idea to check in often for new blog posts for new products. 
    Cheers!
    I know. I ordered the hub second day of its release. My point is, Fanatec knew a lot of their customers were looking for an XBone solution so they did the "here's a discount and a first dibs on the compatible base offer" thing; this was the right thing to do. Then for the second half of the product they just left it up to us to discover it. This was a crap thing to do and is continuing to annoy me.
  • Don't get me wrong, James. I'm one of the first to criticize Fanatec over the years for poor build quaility, quality way below what it should be in a product at such a price level. Not to mention now the nightmare everyone is dealing with the software issues. But that is not all Fanatec's issue. Definitely a few players jumped the gun before perfecting their products before releasing them. Anyway, I know you are disappointed about the timing of the V2 vs V3. But, back to my original analogy, in the car industry, or any industry for that matter. The manufacturers are always working on new and improved. Electornics is nortorious for that. Yeah, it sux and I sympathise with you. Maybe as suggested above, return the product for refund, as being unsuitable. Not sure that will work out for you, but couldn't hurt to try. Best of luck. 
  • Don't get me wrong, James. I'm one of the first to criticize Fanatec over the years for poor build quaility, quality way below what it should be in a product at such a price level. Not to mention now the nightmare everyone is dealing with the software issues. But that is not all Fanatec's issue. Definitely a few players jumped the gun before perfecting their products before releasing them. Anyway, I know you are disappointed about the timing of the V2 vs V3. But, back to my original analogy, in the car industry, or any industry for that matter. The manufacturers are always working on new and improved. Electornics is nortorious for that. Yeah, it sux and I sympathise with you. Maybe as suggested above, return the product for refund, as being unsuitable. Not sure that will work out for you, but couldn't hurt to try. Best of luck. 
    Same thing happened to me with the CSWv1 and v2. I sold it for a slight loss. But to someone who I knew would really appreciate it. (Slight loss. We weren't that good of friends. :) )

Its business. If Thomas were to say, "hey guys v3 pedals out in August." He'd get hung with all the v2 inventory he has on hand. No one would order until they could order the new model. That would increase prices even more. I'm sure he's still gonna get stuck with some v2 inventory. It's practically impossible not too. Not sure what happens to it. Parts or replacements for v2 warranty claims is my best guess.

Point being it sucks. But tis life. If that's the biggest problem you have you're probably livin right. ;)
    What are you talking about? I never complained about Fanatec's build quality. I waited for the Fanatec gear to be announced and available _because_ of the build quality. I have no need for the cheap plastic garbage MS partnered with at launch.

I also never said anything about "v2 vs v3". I can only assume you're talking about the pedal set, because the wheel base is up to v2. I have not bought any v2 or v3 pedals. I intend to use my CSR-E pedals for some time yet.

My gripe concerns the topic of the thread - the Xbox One Universal Hub. Way back on 2014-09-12 I received an email from Fanatec that started:

As an owner of the ClubSport or CSR Elite wheel, you have the privilege to be in the exclusive group eligible to purchase our new Fanatec ClubSport Wheel V2.

The community is super excited about this wheel, and not only will you be among the first to get your hands on this revolutionary racing wheel base, you will also benefit from a big, pre-order discount!

Nobody else can purchase this product at the moment, as you need an invite code to put this product in your shopping cart. These invite codes will be sent by a separate e-mail. We will also automatically put the code into your customer profile.
    Thus, it is disappointing to me that the same sort of email wasn't sent to announce the availability of the hub to match the wheel base that has been sitting in an unopened box since December 2014.

If an email had been sent, it is very likely I would be participating in discussions about how I'm enjoying my wheel hub instead of merely reading them. And I wouldn't be getting frustrated still having to use a controller when the product I need is half delivered but fully available (and in others's hands).
  • You are right James. I think I got my wires crossed here. D'oh. I lost the thread and posted to your name by mistake. My bad. Please ignore every thing I just wrote. Have a great day. :-)
    What are you talking about? I never complained about Fanatec's build quality. I waited for the Fanatec gear to be announced and available _because_ of the build quality. I have no need for the cheap plastic garbage MS partnered with at launch.

I also never said anything about "v2 vs v3". I can only assume you're talking about the pedal set, because the wheel base is up to v2. I have not bought any v2 or v3 pedals. I intend to use my CSR-E pedals for some time yet.

My gripe concerns the topic of the thread - the Xbox One Universal Hub. Way back on 2014-09-12 I received an email from Fanatec that started:

As an owner of the ClubSport or CSR Elite wheel, you have the privilege to be in the exclusive group eligible to purchase our new Fanatec ClubSport Wheel V2.

The community is super excited about this wheel, and not only will you be among the first to get your hands on this revolutionary racing wheel base, you will also benefit from a big, pre-order discount!

Nobody else can purchase this product at the moment, as you need an invite code to put this product in your shopping cart. These invite codes will be sent by a separate e-mail. We will also automatically put the code into your customer profile.
    Thus, it is disappointing to me that the same sort of email wasn't sent to announce the availability of the hub to match the wheel base that has been sitting in an unopened box since December 2014.

If an email had been sent, it is very likely I would be participating in discussions about how I'm enjoying my wheel hub instead of merely reading them. And I wouldn't be getting frustrated still having to use a controller when the product I need is half delivered but fully available (and in others's hands).
    James, the reading comprehension on this blog is deplorable. Expect a lot more of people accusing you of things you never said.
  • Trevor GeddisTrevor Geddis Member
    edited June 2015
    Don't get me wrong, James. I'm one of the first to criticize Fanatec over the years for poor build quaility, quality way below what it should be in a product at such a price level. Not to mention now the nightmare everyone is dealing with the software issues. But that is not all Fanatec's issue. Definitely a few players jumped the gun before perfecting their products before releasing them. Anyway, I know you are disappointed about the timing of the V2 vs V3. But, back to my original analogy, in the car industry, or any industry for that matter. The manufacturers are always working on new and improved. Electornics is nortorious for that. Yeah, it sux and I sympathise with you. Maybe as suggested above, return the product for refund, as being unsuitable. Not sure that will work out for you, but couldn't hurt to try. Best of luck. 

James, the reading comprehension on this blog is deplorable. Expect a lot more of people accusing you of things you never said.
    I see you are back at it, DH. Couldn't resist. Could you? I made a mistake and acknowledged that to the person to whom I was talking. I didn't accuse anyone of any thing (reading comprehension?). I was following up on a post from another thread but got crossed up. Keep you nose out of my business, AH. 

I see you are back at it, DH. Couldn't resist. Could you? I made a mistake and acknowledged that to the person to whom I was talking. I didn't accuse anyone of any thing (reading comprehension?). I was following up on a post from another thread but got crossed up. Keep you nose out of my business, AH. 
    Just ignore that guy. He contributes nothing useful.
  • edited June 2015
    Natalie, you done some testing with PCars on XOne...I stopt immediately after one race....almost ript of my thumbs...

Does someone else wanna test this too...and if experienced report on PCars site...I opened a topic in XOne tech support page 3 by now.

If you calibrated the wheel with Sens at 900...start a free play with the formula rookie on Oschersleben National track. Before leaving the pits set wheel Sens to 420. Start race, leave pits and watch your thumbs the second pit corner...it gets rudely slammed to the right, right corner, and see if it happens more and also with crashes...
    If you don't experience it I'll have to erase and reinstall PCars..cause it happened after p1.4