Universal Hub for Xbox is now shipping -UPDATE

Comments

• Joseph GossenJoseph Gossen Member, Moderator
    With PCars on XOne you mean huh ? I'll walk you trough them, via chat, as soon as I see you online Joseph!!! Just don't update to patch 3.0 yet IF/WHEN it's available. I want you to feel and judge them at current conditions. After that, and the use of Grimeys pdf to know what slider does what, you'll be able to create your own desired settings!!

I got my pcars settings perfect. Forza is just way too much ffb and vibrations. Feels like my wheel is shaking apart.
  • Ohwwwww it's just Forza...hahaha
    I think I've got ffb at 65 and vibs at 80
    Ohwwwww it's just Forza...hahaha
    I think I've got ffb at 65 and vibs at 80
    what about your wheel settings?
  • Default settings and dead zones ALL 0 - 100
    I seriously hope MS opens up the button assignment protocol when the elite controller is released. So many features in PCars I want to use.
  • Trevor GeddisTrevor Geddis Member
    edited August 2015
    @Joseph. Re Forza 5 on Xbone: My parts aren't all here yet. I have the Universal Hub for Xbone, The CSW V2 base and the GT rim. I still use the CSR Elite pedals, as the V3 won't be here until end of August. 
    I have not loaded any of the beta FW, still on 205-094 firmware.
    Aside from the settings listed below, I race with all assists OFF. I set to Manual with Clutch, paddle shifters. So, some of the settings do not apply.
    In order to quell the harsh jerking and overly stiff FF, I set my hub and in-game settings as follows:
    Hub
    SEN-200
    FF-70
    SHO-50
    ABS-100
    LIN-30
    DEAD-off
    DRI-off

Xbone Console game settings:
    Steering axis dead zone inside-0
    Steering axis dead zone outside-100
    Acceleration axis dead zone inside-5
    Acceleration axis dead zone outside-100
    Deceleration axis dead zone inside-5
    Deceleration axis dead zone outside-100
    Clutch axis dead zone inside-10
    Clutch axis dead zone outside-100
    Hand break dead zone outside-10 (I don't use hand break)
    Hand break dead zone outside-100
    Vibration scale-50
    FF-100
    Wheel rotation angle-200

I find these settings are "comfortable" for long tuning and test sessions. And no hack saw action while at the start line, off-track excursions are manageable with not too much jolting. Just enough to remind you of your mistake.
    If you try these setting, I'd like to hear your feedback.

Of course, all this could change when I get the V3 pedals and update to the latest firmware. 

Cheers!
    @Joseph. Re Forza 5 on Xbone: My parts aren't all here yet. I have the Universal Hub for Xbone, The CSW V2 base and the GT rim. I still use the CSR Elite pedals, as the V3 won't be here until end of August. 
    I have not loaded any of the beta FW, still on 205-094 firmware.
    Aside from the settings listed below, I race with all assists OFF. I set to Manual with Clutch, paddle shifters. So, some of the settings do not apply.
    In order to quell the harsh jerking and overly stiff FF, I set my hub and in-game settings as follows:
    Hub
    SEN-200
    FF-70
    SHO-50
    ABS-100
    LIN-30
    DEAD-off
    DRI-off

Xbone Console game settings:
    Steering axis dead zone inside-0
    Steering axis dead zone outside-100
    Acceleration axis dead zone inside-5
    Acceleration axis dead zone outside-100
    Deceleration axis dead zone inside-5
    Deceleration axis dead zone outside-100
    Clutch axis dead zone inside-10
    Clutch axis dead zone outside-100
    Hand break dead zone outside-10 (I don't use hand break)
    Hand break dead zone outside-100
    Vibration scale-50
    FF-100
    Wheel rotation angle-200

I find these settings are "comfortable" for long tuning and test sessions. And no hack saw action while at the start line, off-track excursions are manageable with not too much jolting. Just enough to remind you of your mistake.
    If you try these setting, I'd like to hear your feedback.

Of course, all this could change when I get the V3 pedals and update to the latest firmware. 

Cheers!
    Thanks Trevor. I'll definitely give it a go today and let you know. Cheers man.
  • Has anyone experienced the problem in FH2 with V3 break petal applying by itslf?

• I don't play FH2 Enzo
  • edited August 2015

Has anyone experienced the problem in FH2 with V3 break petal applying by itslf?

The Brake does that in PS4 PCars also... ive heard a few people with that issue... doesnt seem hardware related its probly the FW needs tweeking... Brake pedal may be too sensitive or a auto calibration glitch going on... im sure that it will get patched dont panic. put in 2 or 3% dead zone or restart your wheel when it plays up.
  • I would like to know how the car is activated cluch Universal Hub for Xbox and CSW v2... thanks
    So how are you guys assigning Kers and DRS in Project Cars or any setup that maximizes button usage, when most are duped? 
  • Via the Funky switch up,down,left or right Joseph. I know, it sucks!!!! On PS4 I've got my keyboard attached and next to me to have ALL buttons mapped...it's FREAKIN time M$ did the same!!! Cause if FM6 sucks to my liking...I'm changing team and will not buy any racegame on XOne ever again!!! Until M$ gets smarter and give us back our GAME console in stead of souped up media player.
    Yeah they definitely dropped the ball and many features that should have been absolute in the console.
  • hey there i have a isseus whit calibrating the wheel. its just pointing to the left like its not finishing i read that you have to do the thing from the manual but i dont have a athor rim then this one how does the calibrating works on the universal xobox one hub ??
    hey there i have a isseus whit calibrating the wheel. its just pointing to the left like its not finishing i read that you have to do the thing from the manual but i dont have a athor rim then this one how does the calibrating works on the universal xobox one hub ??
    Press the Tuning menu button on the hub. Then Hold Start = + A and center your wheel. Then exit tuning menu.
  • hey there i have a isseus whit calibrating the wheel. its just pointing to the left like its not finishing i read that you have to do the thing from the manual but i dont have a athor rim then this one how does the calibrating works on the universal xobox one hub ??
    Press the Tuning menu button on the hub. Then Hold Start = + A and center your wheel. Then exit tuning menu.
    jeeeejj thank you dit not find it anywhere your my hero

• time to play!!!!!!!!!
  • Peter ProtoPeter Proto Member
    edited October 2015
    Buttons work fine with xbox one in forza 5 but can't get the pedals to work. i have v3 pedals, anyone know what I'm doing wrong
  • Buttons work fine with xbox one in forza 5 but can't get the pedals to work. i have v3 pedals, anyone know what I'm doing wrong
    You'd have to describe what you're doing in order for us to judge what might be going wrong :)
  • Buttons work fine with xbox one in forza 5 but can't get the pedals to work. i have v3 pedals, anyone know what I'm doing wrong
    You'd have to describe what you're doing in order for us to judge what might be going wrong :)
    I have the same problem. My V2 base and Xbone hub are in for repair. I hooked up my CSR-E with the V3 pedals. I tried to flash the CSR-E with the latest firmware (757) from the download page, but the flash stalls half way through, goes "unresponsive". So, I try the CSR-E just as it is (original firmware), with the V3 pedals and no activity at all from the pedals. They work in the pedal flash mode, with the pedals connected directly to the PC by USB, but not when connected to the base with the RJ12. For what it's worth, I had previously flashed the V3's with the latest firmware posted by Armin, the v15.zip file.
    I tried flashing the wheel with the latest 757 firmware on 3 different PC's. All are Windows 10. All freeze half way through. 
    I downloaded the 226 Driver from the CSR-E page, But, it does not recognize the wheel, even with the original firmware.
    I also connected the old pedals CSR-E, now even they don't work. 
  • I did a quick search, "Fanatec Wheel Firmware Updater v2.3 (Not Responding)", found comments from other users with this very same issue, but unfortunately none were resolved. Does anyone know of a work around. I opened the updater as Administrator, I tried about 10 different usb ports on the various PC's, I turned off the anti-virus. I rebooted, etc. etc.
    Any ideas, guys and girls?
  • I did a quick search, "Fanatec Wheel Firmware Updater v2.3 (Not Responding)", found comments from other users with this very same issue, but unfortunately none were resolved. Does anyone know of a work around. I opened the updater as Administrator, I tried about 10 different usb ports on the various PC's, I turned off the anti-virus. I rebooted, etc. etc.
    Any ideas, guys and girls?
    Were those all Windows 10 PCs?
  • Yeah. I said that in the first post, 2 posts up, at 8:44. One thing that happens when it freezes; As you know, Windows plays a chime when a USB source is connected. When I put the wheel in bootloader, and the wheel connects, the chime is played. Then when I press the start button in the Updater, the green bar scrolls to halfway, then the chime for disconnect plays, then immediately the chime for connect plays again. It is at that time that the Updater becomes unresponsive. It never completes Flash Phase 1. 
    I haven't had a chance to try this yet, but I'm going to go into the USB drivers (Device Manager) and turn off the sleep mode for each port. 
    After that, I don't have a clue what to do. 
  • Yeah. I said that in the first post, 2 posts up, at 8:44. One thing that happens when it freezes; As you know, Windows plays a chime when a USB source is connected. When I put the wheel in bootloader, and the wheel connects, the chime is played. Then when I press the start button in the Updater, the green bar scrolls to halfway, then the chime for disconnect plays, then immediately the chime for connect plays again. It is at that time that the Updater becomes unresponsive. It never completes Flash Phase 1. 
    I haven't had a chance to try this yet, but I'm going to go into the USB drivers (Device Manager) and turn off the sleep mode for each port. 
    After that, I don't have a clue what to do. 
    Please report back whether disabling USB power save helped or not.

If possible, try and find a Win7 PC or laptop on which you could try the FW update. On my Win7 and Vista PCs it has always worked with zero issues.
  • Will do Remco. I'm off now to change the settings in the USB ports on my lap top, and will report in.
    Thanks for helping out.

• No, that didn't work. I'll see if I can borrow a W7 or 8 lap top. Most everyone I know has upgraded to W10. I have a friend who is computer phobic. He probably did not update. His laptop is W8.1 I'll see if I can borrow his.
  • Okay, I just got confirmed that the old updater (which the CSR-E uses) does not work in Win10. You'll have to find a non-Win10 PC.
  • I just texted my buddy with the W8.1 laptop. I hope to have it tomorrow. Will let you know how I make out.
    Thanks for the feedback.
    I really appreciate it.
  • Trevor GeddisTrevor Geddis Member
    edited October 2015
    Got the W8.1 laptop. Tried to install FW 757 on the CSR-E wheel. Didn't work. BUT, I have a work around and got it to work. (  http://www.fotoclubinc.com/blog/how-to-disable-driver-signature-enforcement-to-allow-installation-of-windows-7-printer-drivers-on-windows-8/  )   So, updated the CSR-E. Cool! BUT, the V3 pedals still don't work.   Well sort of. I'm taking this over to the pedals discussion, where it belongs. If you are following along, pick it up over there.
    Cheers!