Universal Hub for Xbox is now shipping -UPDATE

Comments

• Buttons work fine with xbox one in forza 5 but can't get the pedals to work. i have v3 pedals, anyone know what I'm doing wrong
    You'd have to describe what you're doing in order for us to judge what might be going wrong :)
    Im doing what the manual says i updated to latest drivers and firmware. the only thing i think i could have done wrong is have the pedals connected to the pc and connected to the wheel. when connected to the pc pedals work fine but when disconnected and ask to run pedals from the wheel they don't work. when connecting to xbox i can use all the buttons to control menus and in forza 5 i can change gears with wheel paddles and using shifter but again now input from pedal set or handbrake. Ive now just tried the beta drivers and firmware which think were 226 and same thing happens
  • Did you Connect the RJ12 connectors in the right port ? Check on base AND pedal PCB!
  • Now both V2 and Xb1 hubs are in stock I see I had an invite code after logging back in to my account for a V2 base that expired well before any release of xbox one compatable hardware. No information on what that code might have done for me except that as a mainly xbox user the code would have had no useful purpose to me to consider Fanatec at the time it was valid.

Having said that after the last fiasco with Fanatec and my never used CSR wheel I am not sure I want to deal direct, so that leaves the next question. Any reputable UK suppliers, I want to see what I am buying this time, no matter how good it looks I will know immediately if it is worthy or not after one or two laps and csr was far from worthy, I was forced to buy a GT2 second hand of ebay that proved to be 10 times the csr.

Quite prepared to drop a decent wad on a decent setup for my custom rig but, the saying goes once bitten twice shy.
  • edited October 2015
    Just look at this video Timothy... although FM 6 is a bit of a part pooper compared to the ffb of PCars...but, you'll get a pretty good idea!!
    The V2 still blows my mind every time I use it!!! It runs so smooth while having that kind of strong ffb. And with PCars...AMAZING, no matter what wheel you attach to it....and while your on it...order the V3 pedals too...THAT makes it COMPLETE!! ;)

And the stickyness of the brake is only caused by the stiff PU foam inside the brake tube housing...couple a drops/spray of Dry Lube makes all brake troubles go away!!!
  • Joseph GossenJoseph Gossen Member, Moderator
    Just look at this video Timothy... although FM 6 is a bit of a part pooper compared to the ffb of PCars...but, you'll get a pretty good idea!!
    The V2 still blows my mind every time I use it!!! It runs so smooth while having that kind of strong ffb. And with PCars...AMAZING, no matter what wheel you attach to it....and while your on it...order the V3 pedals too...THAT makes it COMPLETE!! ;)

And the stickyness of the brake is only caused by the stiff PU foam inside the brake tube housing...couple a drops/spray of Dry Lube makes all brake troubles go away!!!
    As long as you don't have a defect like mine does and have to send it back :(  It is a great piece of hardware! 

p.s while you're at it order the Rseat RS1 right Antoine LOL I'm loving it !!!
  • Thanks for the posts, however it was Insidesimracing that got me interested in the csr and rapidly lost all credibility with me.

and

So forgive me for not trusting some online reviewer to do my job for me, which in this case is to ensure I get a quality product capable of doing the job it is designed to do.

Sorry to hear you got a defective product Joseph, I surely hope they replace it with one that is not defective unlike my CSR which was deemed faulty, the replacement had the same fault and all of sudden it was normal.

If I was buying a cockpit I think the UK built Cobra V1's look much better than the Rseat RS1, however my home brew cockpit is more than adequate for me, its mine from the ground up and I can do as I please with it.

• Great to hear you're loving it Joseph, and I know the defective base will get resolved!
    I can understand your frustration and you don't have to take anyone's word for it on how good the V2 is. Hope you can find a retailer to try a set.
  • Great to hear you're loving it Joseph, and I know the defective base will get resolved!
    I can understand your frustration and you don't have to take anyone's word for it on how good the V2 is. Hope you can find a retailer to try a set.
    Well unfortunately I doubt that is going to happen anytime soon, Fanatec as far as I am aware is a "deal with directly" company only in the EU, which actually leads on to the next bone of contention, how they treat their customers in after sales and I know beyond doubt from my own experience and from the experience of some others, Fanatec will leave some of their customers out in the cold.

Whilst I understand some customers can be very difficult to deal with I do not believe I am one of them, and I still have the string of emails to show that it was Fanatec that let me down and not the other way around, hence the apprehension to deal with them directly again. The question then is can they change that or not.
  • I dunno where you live, but I know one reailer who's got Fanatec gear build on a rig!

https://www.pagnianamericas.com/store/

And I can only speak for myself in this. I've had absolutely no problems with customer service. Couple a button caps broken...they were here 2 days later. And problem with my V3 pedal set also real good service!!!
  • I dunno where you live, but I know one reailer who's got Fanatec gear build on a rig!

https://www.pagnianamericas.com/store/

And I can only speak for myself in this. I've had absolutely no problems with customer service. Couple a button caps broken...they were here 2 days later. And problem with my V3 pedal set also real good service!!!
    "Reiteration" "Any reputable UK retailers" and therefore part of the EU.

Summary of my customer experience:
    1. Purchased the CSR XL bundle post price drop, and as speculation perhaps post build quality drop, another reason not to take reviewers opinions as they rarely follow up with a later review checking build quality has remained.
    2. Complained about the poor build quality, particularly about the amount of flex for the rim in relation to the base,
    3. Fanatec agreed it should not be like that and agreed to change the CSR wheel.
    4. Replacement arrived which was no different and therefore unacceptable to me as I felt it was grossly substandard and perhaps not to the build quality shown in the reviews. Others have also stated their earlier versions were not so flimsy.
    5. Told now this was normal and not defective.
    6. After sales rep suggested the CSR elite maybe more suitable to me though the current rim was the in essence the same as the CSR rim better rims were in the pipeline.
    7. Happy with that suggestion asked if they intended to credit me for the CSR wheel, invoice me for the difference and arrange collection and dispatch of the CSR elite.
    8. Some time later and we are talking days and days of no response I send a joggle email reminding them of my existence.
    9. Response was a link to a returns form page to return the full bundle at my own expense, and no care as to whether I made a follow up order for the alternative. Really was number 7 asking to much ?

Well thank you very much but that in my opinion is customer service at an abysmal level. I had been supplied substandard goods, a more expensive alternative was suggested but I would have to deal with all extra shipping expenses myself.

In short: Thanks but no thanks.

I covered the CSR rim to see how bearable it maybe but that was grossly impractical, a few days later a GT2 came up on ebay which I won. Far more sturdy build and an acceptable rim proving to me beyond any doubt the CSR wheels I had received where substandard.The CSR was put back in the box and shelved in absolute disgust.

Basically £250.00 or so thrown in the bin. It would have cost me over £83 + vat and that was just to return the wheel, let alone the pedals, costs of which Fanatec were well aware of, yet they had a deal with UPS that greatly reduced shipping costs. I know his as Fanatec initially wanted me return the first wheel myself and send a copy of the invoice to them for refund, when UPS quoted me, I advised Fanatec of this cost prior to returning the defective CSR and they immediately said no they would arrange both dispatch and collection of the replacement CSR.

I think from that you can see I am not an unreasonable customer, however when there is good reason to carry a grudge, I most certainly will do so.

Over to Fanatec

• Well, then it's up to you if you wanna hold that grudge or try this item.
  • Well, then it's up to you if you wanna hold that grudge or try this item.
    No its up to Fanatec if they want to address the issues of the not so distant past and as yet I've seen nothing from them to cause me to consider their product line despite the fact that I am very obviously here due to a genuine interest. I am also well aware I am not the only one who has had a very negative experience due to the poor build quality of the CSR. So whilst my CSR is sat on a shelf in pristine near unused order Fanatec's reputation as far as I am concerned is far from residing in the same state.

The CSR was supposed to be a huge step up from the MS wireless but unfortunately for some of us it turned out to be just as flimsy if not more so. An MS wheel was more rigid once a bearing mod had been applied. I can also state fact an alternative manufacturer was producing ferrari branded wheels at a third of the price Fanatec was charging for the CSR's and in terms of build quality the CSR could not come close to it, unfortunately for xbox gamers the last generation had manufacturers shying away from xbox's wireless restrictions. That is not the case for the this generation.

My only mistake was purchasing a CSR in the first place, like it or not Fanatec has got a substantial history of errors, and perhaps the worst one of all was to ever place the CSR rim on the CSR elite in the first place as had the elite base had a rim worthy of it this conversation may never have started.

My personal preference is I get a response from someone official so we can move forward as I am very much looking forward to finishing of some 360 games with a wheel that should have been around from the get go, let alone using it on the current gen. (Yes I am aware it is not 360 compatible in its current format but there is a device working on full cross over compatibility to include true steering wheel force feedback).
  • And what device is that ? Cause I would love to know how FM 4 would play with the V2 etc !!
  • ignore this, just clearing a comment. this blog format sux.

• Timothy HearnTimothy Hearn Member
    edited October 2015
    And what device is that ? Cause I would love to know how FM 4 would play with the V2 etc !!
  • Timothy HearnTimothy Hearn Member
    edited October 2015
    Blog has poor controls:

The device is the Titan One, its
    original sister the CronusMax device may also be looking at such
    possibilities and how far ither will get with true force feedback via
    the device is at the moment pure speculation, and I would not hold your
    breath for it to become available on the 360 due to the simple fact full
    force feedback as far as I am aware is only available via the wireless
    interface, not saying its impossible just speculating it may or may not
    happen, where as I can be very confident other platform variations of
    true force feedback crossover compatibility will be achieved.

It
    would be better for V1 and V2 owners if Fanatec could produce a
    dedicated 360 hub, unless their license for 360 support has fully
    expired I think there's still a marketplace for such a hub and I don't
    see why the past license would deny such production rights, but not
    having a copy of said license am not qualified to do anything further
    than suggest possibilities. Having said that here's another reason that
    boat may have sailed.

The backwards computability updates for 360
    games on the Xbox one to all in the very near future may also give the
    answer to the issue and negate any such demand for a 360 hub or
    backwards peripheral compatibility for true force feedback to 360 games.
    Of course this is dependent on game developers putting those games into
    the backwards compatibility program and if microsoft themselves have
    enabled such 360 games supporting true force feedback wheels to be
    channelized to such xbox one peripherals. we can but hope regardless of
    our peripheral brand choices.

still no response from Fanatec
    regards the situation they left me in, however I won a Fanatec rim on
    ebay at a good price which being only a rim only gives me a minimal
    insight into the rest of the kit. It arrived this morning and as a
    result I've decided to try it. That and looking at how easy it maybe to
    take Fanatec to court from a different EU country should the need arise,
    a route nobody likes to take, but knowing it exists at least gives me
    the additional reassurances I needed to give me the confidence into
    buying from Fanatec again. Really should not feel the need to look up
    any such rights in the first place though.

• Well...I'm waiting it out now till November. Rumor goes that with the November update about 100 360 games will be backwards compatible...including FM 2 to 4 and FH. Sure hope the rumors are true and lets see how ffb feels with the V2 base then!
  • Well...I'm waiting it out now till November. Rumor goes that with the November update about 100 360 games will be backwards compatible...including FM 2 to 4 and FH. Sure hope the rumors are true and lets see how ffb feels with the V2 base then!
    I wonder will the wheel work with the older Driving Games??? I dont think they will... FM6 Sucks... FM4 will feel Much better and Kill the FM6 sales for XMas... JMO

• Hi the Xbox One hub is fantastic but why is there no FOR, Spring, Damper option when i use it no my Xbox One but it does have it when i use it on my PS4 and PC.
    Unfortunately its bad news, bad news and bad news.

The leaked lists appeared to be fakes and no forza is currently included in the update.

Dirt 3 does not recognize a thrustmaster tx wheel and from what I can gather the backwards compatable layer will not be supporting any third party controllers so that dream is over.

Having weighed up the options I decided to look at alternatives to Fanatec first

Logitech g920 rejected, did not even plug it in.
    Thrustmaster TX for what it costs is an excellent wheel base even with the throw away rim and pedals its superior to the csr wheel base by several laps.

Why I chose this in the end for the following:reasons:
    Thrustmaster has a long standing base of operations in the gaming world with a wide distribution network and UK based operations, dealt with them in the past and had no issues.
    Just read more and more stories of people struggling to get support from Fanatec who chose not to have any distribution network, coupled with my own poor experience.No problem dealing with a company direct, but they have to look after their customers on an individual basis and ensure satisfaction.
    The CSW v2 wheel manual says do not use for more than an hour, if its going to get that hot that quick then improved cooling and thermal cutout is surely required.
    The manual says 1 year warranty, the website says 2 years, I hate such inconsistencies.

The ridiculous price hikes on fanatec products which I noticed increased the overall profit margins to the same degree, so more than the cost increases of production was put onto the EU community, maybe theres more to this than the state of the Euro.
    Surely the above price hikes made room for bundle discounts to be available but everything I added to my basket made no difference and I was ready to buy everything except new pedals as my csr elites are the best pedals I've used and still good to go, they will surely be missed unless something occurs to persaude me back to this stable. The gear looking good is just not enough.

I can appreciate the appearance of Fanatecs new line but what good is a Bentley if its going to be in the workshop more than on the road, yep buy 2 Bentleys, which I would gladly do if I knew I was going to be looked after..

• Joseph GossenJoseph Gossen Member, Moderator
    Yeah quite disappointed that the Forza Series was not included. Looking at the voting list they don't even seem to be close to most requested. 
  • Hi the Xbox One hub is fantastic but why is there no FOR, Spring, Damper option when i use it no my Xbox One but it does have it when i use it on my PS4 and PC.
    Because of stupid X1 FFB protocol....it's also far more less accurate and so on...I can't get PCars X1 to match the PCars PS4 feel AT ALL
    Unfortunately its bad news, bad news and bad news.

The leaked lists appeared to be fakes and no forza is currently included in the update.

Dirt 3 does not recognize a thrustmaster tx wheel and from what I can gather the backwards compatable layer will not be supporting any third party controllers so that dream is over.

Having weighed up the options I decided to look at alternatives to Fanatec first

Logitech g920 rejected, did not even plug it in.
    Thrustmaster TX for what it costs is an excellent wheel base even with the throw away rim and pedals its superior to the csr wheel base by several laps.

Why I chose this in the end for the following:reasons:
    Thrustmaster has a long standing base of operations in the gaming world with a wide distribution network and UK based operations, dealt with them in the past and had no issues.
    Just read more and more stories of people struggling to get support from Fanatec who chose not to have any distribution network, coupled with my own poor experience.No problem dealing with a company direct, but they have to look after their customers on an individual basis and ensure satisfaction.
    The CSW v2 wheel manual says do not use for more than an hour, if its going to get that hot that quick then improved cooling and thermal cutout is surely required.
    The manual says 1 year warranty, the website says 2 years, I hate such inconsistencies.

The ridiculous price hikes on fanatec products which I noticed increased the overall profit margins to the same degree, so more than the cost increases of production was put onto the EU community, maybe theres more to this than the state of the Euro.
    Surely the above price hikes made room for bundle discounts to be available but everything I added to my basket made no difference and I was ready to buy everything except new pedals as my csr elites are the best pedals I've used and still good to go, they will surely be missed unless something occurs to persaude me back to this stable. The gear looking good is just not enough.

I can appreciate the appearance of Fanatecs new line but what good is a Bentley if its going to be in the workshop more than on the road, yep buy 2 Bentleys, which I would gladly do if I knew I was going to be looked after..

Yep...tried Dirt 3 with Fanatec hub...didn't work

If anything, this is an absolute safeguard. In reality, everyone uses the wheel for more than an hour if it comes to that and there will be no problems doing so.

It depends on the world region e.g. Europe vs USA. If it doesn't say so in the small text, or the manual/site isn't location-specific, this may have to be stated more clearly.
    Could you link to a source of this information? How do you know about Fanatec's profit margins? Or is it just speculation from your side?

If anything, this is an absolute safeguard. In reality, everyone uses the wheel for more than an hour if it comes to that and there will be no problems doing so.

It depends on the world region e.g. Europe vs USA. If it doesn't say so in the small text, or the manual/site isn't location-specific, this may have to be stated more clearly.
    Could you link to a source of this information? How do you know about Fanatec's profit margins? Or is it just speculation from your side?

Famatec is a publicly held company. So a lot of info about a company can easily be found. Now, I'm not saying he's correct. I'm saying he could get actual facts and not just post opinions. But the facts might not support his post.

Famatec is a publicly held company. So a lot of info about a company can easily be found. Now, I'm not saying he's correct. I'm saying he could get actual facts and not just post opinions. But the facts might not support his post.
    Hence me I'm asking him to show the facts when making claims :)

https://www.fanatec.com/forum/discussion/154/price-increase-in-europe-update/p1

Production costs up 30% due to euro/dollar exchange rates

Price hikes of at least 30% across the board on the final selling prices so therefore more than the increases in productions costs has been put onto the price as a price hike to the end user.

Im sure you can play with speculative pricing against speculative production costs and profit margins to verify the price hikes have indeed increased profit margins in real terms. Its nothing but simple maths. The degree will vary some what depending on the base pricing against costs etc but that degree of swing will be minimal as the fact remains the price hikes was based on the previous selling price therefore profit margins undoubtedly increased with it.

Simple fact had the price hikes only added the increase in production cost to the final selling the price hikes would not have been to the same percentage.This is not the case though so profit margins increased with these price hikes.

Price hikes of at least 30% across the board on the final selling prices so therefore more than the increases in productions costs has been put onto the price as a price hike to the end user.

Im sure you can play with speculative pricing against speculative production costs and profit margins to verify the price hikes have indeed increased profit margins in real terms. Its nothing but simple maths. The degree will vary some what depending on the base pricing against costs etc but that degree of swing will be minimal as the fact remains the price hikes was based on the previous selling price therefore profit margins undoubtedly increased with it.

Simple fact had the price hikes only added the increase in production cost to the final selling the price hikes would not have been to the same percentage.This is not the case though so profit margins increased with these price hikes.

This is getting off topic. But I'd love for you to use the "activity" tab and show your proof. I'll be waiting. But while I'm waiting let me give my .02. I believe in a free market. Fanatec has the right to charge what they want and we have the right to pay it or move on. Also, if Fanatec doesn't make a profit they will go bye bye. Profit is what's used for R&D, licenses etc.. So I don't begrudge them a profit. But this discussion needs to move to the correct area. "Activity" section to continue please.

This is getting off topic. But I'd love for you to use the "activity" tab and show your proof. I'll be waiting. But while I'm waiting let me give my .02. I believe in a free market. Fanatec has the right to charge what they want and we have the right to pay it or move on. Also, if Fanatec doesn't make a profit they will go bye bye. Profit is what's used for R&D, licenses etc.. So I don't begrudge them a profit. But this discussion needs to move to the correct area. "Activity" section to continue please.
    Dont disagree with free market place ideology and Fanatec is of course free to make the choice on how it chooses to conduct its business, from production to pricing to distribution to end user support and customer services and the basic need to profit which is nothing but stating the obvious just as any purchaser is free to choose whether to purchase or not.

No one is begrudging Fanatec a profit, and yes whilst profits may well provide some finance towards future development the bulk is provided for by recovery of past R & D costs which is built into the production costs of all products. If R & D costs were not calculated from the outset said product(s) would not be viable for profit just as any current license fees are also recovered as they are a production cost.

As far as proving profit margins increased with the recent price hikes thats already been done so no need to visit the activity tab whatever its purpose maybe. Im not here to get into hair splitting contests or teach basic mathematics when the basic facts are already very clear.

At the end of the day Fanatec has bigger issues than the price hikes as there are substantial numbers of customers, what percentage I cannot say but I am one of them who have been unable in the past to get a reasonable dialogue from customer services. This is an inherent issue when choosing to be both manufacturer and sole distributor of your own products as you have chosen to undertake responsibility for all aspects of your product.

I saw no reference to location/region when referring to the one year warranty periods in the manual which I download from the eu site which states 2 years warranty, absolute clarity on such matters is of utmost importance wherever it is referred to as it is relevant to the end users rights forming part of a sale contract.

As far as having an "absolute safegard" of "use only for an hour" if it is not necessary why does the statement exist ? To me an absolute safegard due to it being so definitive means in no way should it be exceeded. Saying most if not all breach this absolute safegard without issue does not detract from the fact the statement exists and as it does it must have a purpose so what is the purpose.

Also how is that inspiring customer confidence in the products reliability and more importantly what issues is the inclusion of that statement in the user manual going to have on any end user warranty issues ?

Dont disagree with free market place ideology and Fanatec is of course free to make the choice on how it chooses to conduct its business, from production to pricing to distribution to end user support and customer services and the basic need to profit which is nothing but stating the obvious just as any purchaser is free to choose whether to purchase or not.

No one is begrudging Fanatec a profit, and yes whilst profits may well provide some finance towards future development the bulk is provided for by recovery of past R & D costs which is built into the production costs of all products. If R & D costs were not calculated from the outset said product(s) would not be viable for profit just as any current license fees are also recovered as they are a production cost.

As far as proving profit margins increased with the recent price hikes thats already been done so no need to visit the activity tab whatever its purpose maybe. Im not here to get into hair splitting contests or teach basic mathematics when the basic facts are already very clear.

At the end of the day Fanatec has bigger issues than the price hikes as there are substantial numbers of customers, what percentage I cannot say but I am one of them who have been unable in the past to get a reasonable dialogue from customer services. This is an inherent issue when choosing to be both manufacturer and sole distributor of your own products as you have chosen to undertake responsibility for all aspects of your product.

I saw no reference to location/region when referring to the one year warranty periods in the manual which I download from the eu site which states 2 years warranty, absolute clarity on such matters is of utmost importance wherever it is referred to as it is relevant to the end users rights forming part of a sale contract.

As far as having an "absolute safegard" of "use only for an hour" if it is not necessary why does the statement exist ? To me an absolute safegard due to it being so definitive means in no way should it be exceeded. Saying most if not all breach this absolute safegard without issue does not detract from the fact the statement exists and as it does it must have a purpose so what is the purpose.

Also how is that inspiring customer confidence in the products reliability and more importantly what issues is the inclusion of that statement in the user manual going to have on any end user warranty issues ?
    As I stated before. This is off topic. Please use activity tab which is visible to all members and monitored by Fanatec.