Introducing the new Clubsport Pedals V3 - UPDATE

Comments

• Hey all,

Is this the product that the team recommend for using to lubricate the PU foam?

http://www.liqui-moly.de/liquimoly/produktdb.nsf/id/en_2871.html?Opendocument&land=GB

Just about to place an order and give mine a clean as it's very Jittery and registering small small amounts of activity. Perhaps a clean and a lube will resolve this before I have to consider sending them in for maintenance.

@Armin if you are around, is this the exact/correct product that you recommended in the testing above?
    Pretty sure it is. I ordered a can myself last week.
  • Remco,

It might be a good idea to post a link to the newer CSPv3 thread and close this one. We have two going for the same issues. It gets hard to keep up. :)
    Difficult to decide about that really. In principle the other thread should be about firmware only, although with the current lack of full forum functionality any problems are discussed in whatever thread people can find.
  • Remco,

It might be a good idea to post a link to the newer CSPv3 thread and close this one. We have two going for the same issues. It gets hard to keep up. :)
    Difficult to decide about that really. In principle the other thread should be about firmware only, although with the current lack of full forum functionality any problems are discussed in whatever thread people can find.
    Very good point Remco. Maybe they need a FT guy? You'd be great!
  • Natalie BNatalie B Member, Moderator, Betatester
    Remco,

or girl ;)
  • Dave DemersDave Demers Member
    edited December 2015

As a lubricant stay away from most of the dry lubes especially if they are PTFE based ( Teflon ).

The best is a lube that is Zinc based. I have been using these oils on these pedals for almost five years with no dripping or drying out.

The brake PU Foam will not stick in it`s bore after thousands of cycles.

Here is a good example of the proper lube.

Lucas Oil Semi-Synthetic Assembly Lube

• http://www.lucasoil.com.au/products/engine-builders-specialty-lubricants

Lucas Oil Semi Synthetic Assembly Lube - Part # 10152

• Lorrel Waddel, aka Grimey Dog, uses Dry Lube also for a long while in his V1 pedals, V2s and now V3s and didn't give him any trouble. I've been using it too with my V3s, until I received the test brake kit, and I'm very satisfied about it.
  • Remco,

Oops, FT? Lost me there :)

• Marc GilbertiMarc Gilberti Member
    edited December 2015
    Yegor Hovakimyan  sait:
    I apologize for the confusion. What I want to understand is if it possible to swap the accelerator and clutch pedals and mount the base upside down, similar to what I did on my current V1 pedals. Please see the photo below.image

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Hello,
    I would like to produce a metal support for securing the Clubsport Pedals V3 inverted, on my cockpit Fanatec, as real cars.
    How much would you advise me as to secure the inclination Clubsport Pedals V3 in reverse?
    I thank you

my cockpit Fanatec

Here is a picture of Understanding well my question:
    imageimageimageimage
  • Remco,

Full time.
  • Remco,

Full time.
    Not really possible for me because of my regular job, nor for Fanatec if I'd quit my regular job and expect the forum moderation job to pay the same :D
  • So ahum....how's everybody doing? ;P

I'm still wondering when we can expect the handbrake to work on the XBox One. It's really been tooo long now hearing nothing about it. Am I at the right address here at Fanatec, or is this a Microsoft issue? (it does display a handbrake axis setting in Forza 6, so I would assume it's not Turn 10)
  • Kevin JanderKevin Jander Member
    edited December 2015
    How much movement should there be between the damper end where it attaches to the pedal arm, and also where the damper is secured to the base (see attached picture)?  Mine seems to have an excessive amount of movement, to the point where I can feel it clicking when pressing the pedal. This is on top of the fact that my pedal still doesn't feel that great and has that "gritty" feel like it's catching even after using some dry lube.  Is this considered normal operation?

• edited January 2016

• Hi,when is the brake performance kit likely to be released?
  • Joseph GossenJoseph Gossen Member, Moderator
    So my accelerator started squeaking quite loud. I tried applying lube to the rod and it still doing the same. Any ideas before I take the pedal apart?

• So my accelerator started squeaking quite loud. I tried applying lube to the rod and it still doing the same. Any ideas before I take the pedal apart?

Usually if you put your face close to the pedals you can hear what part is producing the squeaking, and hence what needs lubricating..
    Haha I was faceplanting my pedals for about 30min last night. I think it is coming from the brass inserts at the bottom of the pedal. How easy is this to remove?
  • edited April 2016
    When My pedals Sqeek i Lubricate the Screw hole in back of the pedals that holds the Swivel pin in place that connects to the pedal arm.
    So it is the silver rod that swivels on the pedal where the squeaking is coming from. Not even going to attempt to remove that rod. I removed the sensor on the side and added some lube. so far it's not squeaking. 
  • edited April 2016
    So it is the silver rod that swivels on the pedal where the squeaking is coming from. Not even going to attempt to remove that rod. I removed the sensor on the side and added some lube. so far it's not squeaking. 
    You dont have to Remove the Rod... take the screw out and spray a tad bit of Lube in the hole. screws are circled in red there is a 3rd screw in the Brake pedal that is not circled you woll see it when you turn the pedals over...There is a indent on the Rod where the screw sits in when you put the screw back just make sure that indent is still lined up with the screw hole...it shouldn't move just try not to push the pedals alot while the set screw is out.... its a easy fix... I recommend doing all 3 while your there... That's what i do... Make sure you use Teflon dry lube!!!
    Thanks Lorell,

Did that so hopefully it holds up for awhile. How you been man? long time no speak.

J
  • Couldn't see how to start a new thread so posting here the best I could do :o

Thought I would share my findings in regards to an effective lubricant for the V3 pedals PU foam. After trying a silicon based one, then 2 different dry PTFE based ones (GT-85 was the best I tried but still started to get jerky after 3 days use) I finally found one that has transformed my brake pedal action. This stuff - 

It dries on (leave it for 3-4 hrs after application before re-fitting) and actually has a certain stickiness to the touch but it's nothing to worry about as after using it heavily for the past 5 days (probably 20 odd hours use) my brake action is still smooth as silk.

I was starting to really feel I had to send the pedals back as the brake action was ruining my enjoyment of them but this stuff has sorted them right out.

edited May 2016
    Couldn't see how to start a new thread so posting here the best I could do :o

Thought I would share my findings in regards to an effective lubricant for the V3 pedals PU foam. After trying a silicon based one, then 2 different dry PTFE based ones (GT-85 was the best I tried but still started to get jerky after 3 days use) I finally found one that has transformed my brake pedal action. This stuff - 

It dries on (leave it for 3-4 hrs after application before re-fitting) and actually has a certain stickiness to the touch but it's nothing to worry about as after using it heavily for the past 5 days (probably 20 odd hours use) my brake action is still smooth as silk.

I was starting to really feel I had to send the pedals back as the brake action was ruining my enjoyment of them but this stuff has sorted them right out.

Hey Jamie,

I have a few different products from this brand including the Dry Lube and Ceramic Lube. I find they both work well however after some extended use the squeaking and abrasiveness return. It really comes down to the metal rod on metal housing friction so we will just have to consistently keep it a well oiled machine. 

p.s This is a blog and not a forum which is why you cannot start new threads.

Thanks for sharing ;)
  • Hi Joseph,

Well it's still working a treat so better than anything I've tried so far :)

Interesting you mention the metal rod as when I first took the brake apart I noticed small metal shavings in the housing. After taking a good look at the brake rod I could see there was a thin coating on it that was flaking off. I used a fine synthetic scourer and basically removed the coating then polished the rod with a piece of leather until it was smooth. This fixed any abrasion I was getting between the rod and the housing (which I also spotted had been starting to lose it's red coating).

Fanatac dropped the ball on this brake design and when I read about this brake performance kit which seems to look like them fixing the design error, I'd expect it to be offered as essentially a free fix rather than a charged upgrade.

Cheers.

• The brake performance kit isn't a fix, but a modification that gives a very different feel to the brake for those who like it.
  • Sorry from what I could tell it looks like a replacement for the PU foam which given it's issues very much looks like a fix for a poorly designed component.
  • I choose the PU foam far above the Kit...with the right settings and lube...I can make it feel exactly like my own car !!
  • Sorry from what I could tell it looks like a replacement for the PU foam which given it's issues very much looks like a fix for a poorly designed component.
    As stated above, it's not a replacement/fix, but a modification to get a different feel of the brake pedal for those who want it.

Because the feel is so vastly different, not everyone will like it so it's optional. Besides, the PU foam in itself works fine if maintained properly.