Introducing the new Clubsport Pedals V3 - UPDATE

Comments

• Other question : The D Shaped pedals, do they serve a special purpose or are they just for looks ?

thx
  • 1st question, check if every bar of the pedal set is straight. I thought Natalie Bissel had a simular problem.
    2nd question. Some people have Derek Spears Design pedals and have a better feel with it. So they are not for looks. Try m and you know what suits you best.
  • Thank you Antoine!
  • Hi,

i opened my V3 Pedals today and when I push the Brake theres a loud clicking noise. It doesnt clikock when i push the brake REAL slow. After that I have installed the damper.
    The Clicking accured before installing the damper. I have now spend over an hour reading this thread :-)

Anyone has an idea whats wrong ? I have also contacted support already.

thx alot guys
    If the clicking does not go away soon, contact Fanatec Support. CSP v3s should not click.
  • Hi,

i opened my V3 Pedals today and when I push the Brake theres a loud clicking noise. It doesnt clikock when i push the brake REAL slow. After that I have installed the damper.
    The Clicking accured before installing the damper. I have now spend over an hour reading this thread :-)

Anyone has an idea whats wrong ? I have also contacted support already.

thx alot guys
    If the clicking does not go away soon, contact Fanatec Support. CSP v3s should not click.
    its alot less. Now it seems the Damper, when set to 0 or 1 its almost not clicking...but at 8 it is alot.
    Seems that the brake pedal click went away after a little use....

• Brake Clicking is gone, Damper is broken, getting a new one
  • Guys - im fiddling with the Pedals, spacer, D Shape Pedals, changing this and that, On Brake, Clutch or Gas - lol

Everyone how did YOU setup your Clubsport Pedals up, if different from Stock... And WHY ?

Im just curious... :-)

thx for anyone!
  • I put the Pedal Plates on the angle Head... I wasn't too Crazy about the D Shaped Pedal Plates using them i would have to Re adjust my Seating and Driving position...and i just couldnt bare te thought of plastic on my All Metal V3 Pedals.
    also take Note of my Clutch extention arm...Works Great easy to use Clutch without having to keep my Legs Squeezed together.
  • Im Loving the Black November Sales!!! Man Kave Upgrades!!! Samsung 48in UHD Curverd TV!!!
  • I put the Pedal Plates on the angle Head... I wasn't too Crazy about the D Shaped Pedal Plates using them i would have to Re adjust my Seating and Driving position...and i just couldnt bare te thought of plastic on my All Metal V3 Pedals.
    also take Note of my Clutch extention arm...Works Great easy to use Clutch without having to keep my Legs Squeezed together.
    i see, very interesting the clutch extension. So you dont feel the pedals are too angled when using the extension that came with the  D shaped pedals ? I tried one on the gas and it was like bending my foot too much towards me...
    i see, very interesting the clutch extension. So you dont feel the pedals are too angled when using the extension that came with the  D shaped pedals ? I tried one on the gas and it was like bending my foot too much towards me...

You can angle the Pedals to Fit your Foot angle... Take Note that i used the Second set of angle Slots also... the First Row of angle Slots Pushed the Pedals out too Far and i would have to move the Pedals Mouting position on my set up... Too Much Work... Hard Mountimg the pedals is always the most Time consuming part for me to find that right Leg and foot angle position to be comfortable for Hours of Racing.

• Technical ;) question.

What is the need of rumbling gas pedal, pls?
    How far that is from reality. Or I am missing something here?
  • Technical ;) question.

What is the need of rumbling gas pedal, pls?
    How far that is from reality. Or I am missing something here?
    It's used to convey wheels locking (brake) and wheel spin (throttle), for example, in Project CARS. As for realism, half of the things you feel through the wheel FFB in race sims you won't feel in a real car's wheel either, because it's stuff that you nromally feel through G-forces and your seat/spine/butt ;)
  • Thanks.
    Yeah, I hear you. Ut this very feature is pretty awkward:)
  • Thanks.
    Yeah, I hear you. Ut this very feature is pretty awkward:)
    Actually I got used to it quickly and find it very useful in pCARS :)
  • Ok so 2 days after getting my CSP v3 first impressions:

Overall quality is excellent! The goods are robust and very appealing.

I haven't yet tried the D shape pedal and extensions, I'll do it today. Seems to have too much travel. Lets see if the use of the extension on the pedal sort that out.

First criticism - the clutch. I tried both springs and don't like either of them. The pedal travel should have a "progressive" feel, rather than a "On/Off" feel as it does. Seems like you're running the car with a pressure button instead of a clutch (clutch on, gear change, clutch off). The G27 was more realistic in that particular aspect. Are there any known mods that could help on this?

• Hi Guys,

Got my V3 pedals a few weeks ago & wow they are good. However, I was slightly disappointed with the rumble motor strengths.

During install of the pedal damper kit on the brake where it asks you to re-house the rumble motor on a new bracket and upside down, it gave me an idea.

I decided to spin the rumble motor on my throttle upside down and secure it just off centre. So, rather than pointing at the ceiling its about 20 degrees off centre. The new position moves it further away from the centre of the throttle pedal and the angle makes the motor movement more pronounced.

End result is the rumble motor on the throttle as the wheels start to spin in PCars feels about twice as strong.
  • Hi Guys,

Got my V3 pedals a few weeks ago & wow they are good. However, I was slightly disappointed with the rumble motor strengths.

During install of the pedal damper kit on the brake where it asks you to re-house the rumble motor on a new bracket and upside down, it gave me an idea.

I decided to spin the rumble motor on my throttle upside down and secure it just off centre. So, rather than pointing at the ceiling its about 20 degrees off centre. The new position moves it further away from the centre of the throttle pedal and the angle makes the motor movement more pronounced.

End result is the rumble motor on the throttle as the wheels start to spin in PCars feels about twice as strong.
    I can confirm. Natalie Bishop made that suggestion a few months back. When I got my V3's I tried default installation position. Then when I mounted the damper kit, I had to reverse the motors any way, so did them both. Yep. Makes a difference.
  • Glen LockerbyGlen Lockerby Member
    edited November 2015
    so i just spent out on the new V3 as my V2's that i only purchased 9 months ago have been sent back to repair and have had 3 load cells replaced already, and now they are looking like having to go back again.
    anyhow guess what, V3 throttle and clutch only go to around 75% with the pedals fully depressed, yet if i switch the wheel base off out of a game and switch it back on again i get the full 100% but no good when trying to race leagues or multiplayer etc.

the Brakeforce which i set on my V2 wheelbase seems to not be working either, the numbers stay the same yet every time i boot up the wheel and pedals the brake just does its own thing, sometimes really soft, sometimes so hard i can't even get 100%

I'm running windows 7 64bit, latest drivers which i installed before connecting the pedals, to say I'm a little unhappy with my Fanatec gear right now is just an understatement, 2 sets of your latest tech that just don't work.

your attention on this matter would be greatly appreciated as i can't even race and have spent over 600 euros 
  • so i just spent out for the v3's as my V2's that i only purchased 9 months ago have been sent back to repair and had 3 load cells in, and now need to go back for repair again.
    anyhow guess what, V3 throttle and brake only go to around 75% with pedals fully depressed , yet if i switch the wheel of and on again out of a game then it comes back, but my BKF (Brakeforce) that i have set on the clubsport V2 wheel base just appears to have a mind of its own, meaning i set a figure I'm happy with, goto bed switch it on and numbers are still the same yet brake needs loads of force to get it to 100%.

to say I'm a little unhappy with Fanatec right at this point in time is an understatement. :(
  • Have you got the latest firmware in the V2 base and V3 pedals separately ? Did you calibrate the pedals to either auto calibration or manual calibration ? Also each time you turn the brake force knob itself you'll have to recalibrate the pedals again.
  • so i just spent out for the v3's as my V2's that i only purchased 9 months ago have been sent back to repair and had 3 load cells in, and now need to go back for repair again.
    anyhow guess what, V3 throttle and brake only go to around 75% with pedals fully depressed , yet if i switch the wheel of and on again out of a game then it comes back, but my BKF (Brakeforce) that i have set on the clubsport V2 wheel base just appears to have a mind of its own, meaning i set a figure I'm happy with, goto bed switch it on and numbers are still the same yet brake needs loads of force to get it to 100%.

to say I'm a little unhappy with Fanatec right at this point in time is an understatement. :(
    Have you updated the Wheel and Pedal FW??? also you do Know that the Pedal FW Must be updated by Plugging Pedals into PC by themselves....The Pedals will Not Update through the wheel..
    The Last FW Has Fixed the Half Pedal Reading Issues for me.... Check and Make sure your using the Latest Wheel ans Pedal FW.

GrimeyDog Lives.... LOL

• Go to this forum and read all pages. You might find the answers to issues there.

http://www.fanatec.com/forum/discussion/179/csp-v3-firmware-1v22-beta-nov-2015#latest
  • Remco,

It might be a good idea to post a link to the newer CSPv3 thread and close this one. We have two going for the same issues. It gets hard to keep up. :)
  • Go to this forum and read all pages. You might find the answers to issues there.

http://www.fanatec.com/forum/discussion/179/csp-v3-firmware-1v22-beta-nov-2015#latest
    You should post the link to the Last pedal FW that Armin posted... I think its 223... or even just the Last Beta FW posted for Down Load on the Main down load page.... I know to Check there but some dont.

Long Live Grimey Dog... LOL

You should post the link to the Last pedal FW that Armin posted... I think its 223... or even just the Last Beta FW posted for Down Load on the Main down load page.... I know to Check there but some dont.

Long Live Grimey Dog... LOL
    I agree but I wasn't going through all the pages to find it. Lol

Have you updated the Wheel and Pedal FW??? also you do Know that the Pedal FW Must be updated by Plugging Pedals into PC by themselves....The Pedals will Not Update through the wheel..
    The Last FW Has Fixed the Half Pedal Reading Issues for me.... Check and Make sure your using the Latest Wheel ans Pedal FW.

GrimeyDog Lives.... LOL

ok so my wheel reads 142 when i boot up, so i have the latest Firmware and Driver installed, I've not updated the pedals yet, so dag nam it! you may be onto something.
    i should have checked the forums first, did a google search and found nothing relating so guessed i would ask.

been a long day at work 16.5 hours so need sleep will give it a try tomorrow and report back

thanx to everyone for your replies :)
    peace out
  • just like to say that updating the pedal firmware fixed all my issues...thanx guys.
    note to Fanatec.....this should be made clear somewhere maybe ?
    like updated FAQ's ?

anyhow loving the pedals....peace out
  • Natalie BNatalie B Member, Moderator, Betatester
    Hey all,

Is this the product that the team recommend for using to lubricate the PU foam?

http://www.liqui-moly.de/liquimoly/produktdb.nsf/id/en_2871.html?Opendocument&land=GB

Just about to place an order and give mine a clean as it's very Jittery and registering small small amounts of activity. Perhaps a clean and a lube will resolve this before I have to consider sending them in for maintenance.

@Armin if you are around, is this the exact/correct product that you recommended in the testing above?
  • Joseph GossenJoseph Gossen Member, Moderator
    Hey all,

Is this the product that the team recommend for using to lubricate the PU foam?

http://www.liqui-moly.de/liquimoly/produktdb.nsf/id/en_2871.html?Opendocument&land=GB

Just about to place an order and give mine a clean as it's very Jittery and registering small small amounts of activity. Perhaps a clean and a lube will resolve this before I have to consider sending them in for maintenance.

@Armin if you are around, is this the exact/correct product that you recommended in the testing above?

Hey Nat,

I picked up the Dry Lube from FINISH LINE. http://www.finishlineusa.com Most bike shops carry it.