Fanatec Debuts Official Forza Motorsport Racing Wheel for Xbox One

Comments

• Grimey, I'm starting a Fanatec Museum in my attic... CSR Forsa/elite  CSR-E/V2's   and when the time comes ....[dare I speak the words] and Thomas comes up with some more goodies ... the thing is all my stuff still works and if I ever feel the need to pull out Forza 2,3 and 4 I'm good to go ... if they had this stuff when I was a kid ... well I'll leave that to your imagination.... can't figure people out , they complain about the price of gas while sucking down a $4 dollar bottle of water..   and gas works much better than water in that McLaren
  • If they woulda had yhis when i was a Kid i woulda never finished School!!! LOL... Im 45 and i have to make my self go to bed so i can go to work.so i can buy more Fanatec Gear!!!
  • My Collection and it has Grown v3 pedals and Forza Hub and Rim and im not done yet!!!
  • Hi guys,

Quick question, I installed FM5 and tried to jump on a race, wheel was not recongnized.  Everything fine in FM6, but not FM5.  Fingers crossed that is just that the game had not fully installed yet when I was trying this.  Do you all know if the V2 Base and U-Hub should work just like FM6 with FM5 or is there something I'm missing.  Too much to read through, but I was looking on here and it does not seem to be an issue.

• FM5 works fine... Let it instal
  • That's what I'm hoping :)  Thanks Grimey!
  • Grimey... you made me laugh  ... My first new car was a 1971 Triumph... you can do the math on that ..   Hell, I just found out the Pope was in town, and my 92 year old Mom had to tell me that.    Can you say  H---- and Pope in the same sentence?

The world has become more peaceful since I got my wheel .... and if WWIII broke out in the last couple of weeks .... please don't tell me.

• Steve,   I had no issues with FM5 ... except occasionally a loss of FFB when coming out of the tuning menu and such , it was random, and required that I simply powered the wheel off/on .. and all was good.
  • @ Steve....sick day???  cough cough 

• LOL@Joe

No, I'm at work.  This was last evening.  Also I did power off the base, and when it powered back on, it would not go into xbox mode, red ring.  And I could not turn it off.  I was thinking, dang man...don't do this.  I unplugged it, plugged it back in and then it was fine, still no Fm5 as I'm hoping it just needs to finish installing.

I ran the 100 at Atlanta yesterday, geesh, 300,000 XP, three prize spins after that race.  My right hand was going numb, 95 on FFB.  I pitted on lap 21 of 40.  My gas gauge was almost gone and I was thinking about what you said about running out of gas while running lap 21.  My first pit, didn't know what to expect, wow was that relaxing.  Came in pits first place (on pro level, not unbeatable btw), second place car was about a second behind.  Came out second.  That freakin second place car was now first and ran another 10 laps before pitting.  Where did he get all that fuel?  lol   Anyway I won it.  It felt very rewarding.  :)   One iRacing, I'm lucking to finish 5th with all the freakin' aliens I seem to run with. 

• @ Steve, way ahead of me bud... haven't turned up the drivatars yet .... ah to be young again!!!  did you turn down the aggression ... way more fun when this old man isn't slammimg into your back bumper because he was texting while driving ... by the way FM6 has every track FM5 does and the game is better ... well the may have messed up the engine noise thing a bit more this time around.. but everything else better..
  • @ Steve, actually, from your comment the other day about coming from the back and actually racing.... you are not going to enjoy FM5 at all .. it a collection of 2-3 lap wreck fests... so if only,  FM6 is working  your not missing a thing... except more time with you fanatic wheel and that's fun even if you are running into someone.  there I go again texting while racing ... now what lap is it and when do I need to pit?
  • @ Joe,  I wanted to use FM5 as a bench mark on my old time trial times.  If I go in and beat times first lap, then I know this wheel is doing the trick.  Believe it or not, if you are good with a joy stick there are some advantages to the stick over a wheel.  Disadvantages are more on oval type racing and long apex turns, wheel wins.  Hair pin turns, sometimes a joy stick will win, if you are really good with it.  I've been wheel (PC) OLR since 1999, original Nascar Racing PC game, and XBOX since Project Gotham Racing and the original Forza 1.  I'm pretty good with the joy stick, just never liked it.

I'm an OLR nut after a group of us back maybe 16 years ago from the thatsracin.com forum got together one night to try this online racing thing.  I won at Atlanta and it's been a hobby if not a passion since, lol 

• I did not try this last evening doing the 100 at Road Atlanta, but can you pause during a long race?  If so, I will try the 300 at Sebring(sp) next, but dang, did my hand go numb.  Not used to the shifters yet I think.
  • Yes I did turn down the aggression, much better!  Now I need to learn and play with the different HUD displays as I really wanted to see times behind, times to leader or next car, etc.  Those are what I want to see the most.
  • HUD- distance ahead- on ... that will give you P1 [if like me you are in the back] and the next two closest cars , ahead or behind ... also I normally use the "lap time position, and score. set to "conditional"  that way you only get that info at the timing point around the track... with seem to be improved in this version , by improved I mean more .. still early for a final opinion

• And with that text some drivatar named GrimeyDog just passed me by .... enjoy the daily credits G-dog
  • Lol @ your last comment. Thanks for the info. Can't wait till off work!
  • Joseph GossenJoseph Gossen Member, Moderator
    This has got to be the most active thread on this site in a long time LOL
  • Reminds me of the old forum on thatsracin.com   It was a Nascar forum however, more a US thing.  I'm always reading what you guys have to say about your stuff.

• okay ,  ability to tune your car or download a saved set-up  in in the pre -race menu.!!!   awesome!!!!!  

@Joseph , just havn' fun at on Thomas' dime

• Okay , that car needs a few more squirrels in the cage ... oh , sorry about the dents in your car Steve ...oops
  • I Gotta Get my Forza Wheel Game together... When i do yhat it will Totaly Destroy My Sim Racing Line!!! PCars Has me Spoiled... Dam Turn 10 and their 270° DOR!!! No matter if i set wheel to auto and ingame at 900 it always feels like 270°DOR!!! Enjoy the Brief Moment of Sunshine... When i Come back to FM6 my Time Trial and Leader Board take over will be Swift and i will Spare None... all time will be Targetes for Hostile Take over.... Aaaah ha ha haaa(Evil Laugh)
  • edited September 2015

Grimey... you made me laugh  ... My first new car was a 1971 Triumph... you can do the math on that ..   Hell, I just found out the Pope was in town, and my 92 year old Mom had to tell me that.    Can you say  H---- and Pope in the same sentence?

The world has become more peaceful since I got my wheel .... and if WWIII broke out in the last couple of weeks .... please don't tell me.

There is a web site called Geezer Gamers im on there... Yup Yrue Facts... My BDay Next month turning 46!!! i told the wife i want the CSP shifter... she asked me did i still want the R Seat.... but the point is at 25 i didnt have the option/ Financial ability to just spend $1k on Command... on the Job 18+ years and Being Mature Gamer has benefits. LOL... Who waits for Christmas??? Not Me... LOL

• joe rugojoe rugo Member
    edited September 2015

Grimey, when you do come back .. don't drive yourself nut in career looking for clean laps ... apparently they don't exist in career..so I guess it's Rivals [know that for sure] and maybe test drive [?]

Asked my son about the 960* thing ... and it doen'ts matter how far it turns ... it matters how it is geared to turn ... I posted my test results my F-150 vs the Solstice...  I can confirm { as well as the Prius that was in front  me] that my car make a sharp left turn with less than 90* input. Had I been driving the F-150..  one less squirrel cage in the world.   Nascar uses some kind of steering box where they can swap out gears. But you'd have to ask the experts ....  just drive em and wreck em ... someone else fixes them . 

• If you have a 350z it has to be close to the Solstice..  I'll check degrees from stop to stop tomorrow .. if the sun comes out

don't ask  , don't have a clue where the bold came from

• I Gotta Get my Forza Wheel Game together... When i do yhat it will Totaly Destroy My Sim Racing Line!!! PCars Has me Spoiled... Dam Turn 10 and their 270° DOR!!! No matter if i set wheel to auto and ingame at 900 it always feels like 270°DOR!!! Enjoy the Brief Moment of Sunshine... When i Come back to FM6 my Time Trial and Leader Board take over will be Swift and i will Spare None... all time will be Targetes for Hostile Take over.... Aaaah ha ha haaa(Evil Laugh)
    " just when I thought I was out ... they pull me back in"
  • Hi Guys,

Just wondering if anyone has their screen go dark(not total black out)  and if you hit the A button it comes back on bright and may do it again  a few times....  It happened to me  during the Rivals challenges on two occasions so far....kind of annoying...

My other question relates to the telemetry... My tires don't show the color change from Blue to Green to Yellow to Red... They go from a pale blue to black.... I did notice that there is quite a HDTV adjustment process for the game that involves color adjustments and those open and closed eyes and wonder if it could possibly have to do with that....thanks in advance for any help....

I need to mention that it is really good to see such a pleasant group of helpful and friendly guys and a gal on this forum and hope to race on line with some of you when I get more familiar with FM 6 and PC ... thank you all for a great job and some laughs along the way.
  • @ Robert, the screen going to screen saver mode is a know issue. ...it normally happens on longer races however.... hitting the Y look back will wake up the screen... not sure why it would happen in a rivals challenge ... which one and I'll check it out.

see your e-mail in box .. but briefly the hud tire diagram only shows you tire temps go from cold {blue} to running temp { clear} and  if you spin them real hard yellow to red ... it is not the same as the old tire wear hud.

• Thanks buddy...