Fanatec Debuts Official Forza Motorsport Racing Wheel for Xbox One

Comments

• oops, forgot , once you attach the Xbox hub you can reconnect to the controller window to check center and buttons... as well as firmware.

not sure if you need to flash the firmware with rim installed [ may depend on the date of production]  , but in any event you need to go to PC mode by depressing the "double square" + "Y"  button at the same time.. since if all went well it should have been in Xbox mode [green] when you restarted the wheel.

• You Have To Do the Base update for the First time with out the XB1 Hub... Then Attatch Hub and update again.
  • Grimey ,  go over my post to see if I missed anything...
  • Your post should be an FAQ. Good stuff!
  • You Have To Do the Base update for the First time with out the XB1 Hub... Then Attatch Hub and update again.

oops, forgot , once you attach the Xbox hub you can reconnect to the controller window to check center and buttons... as well as firmware.

not sure if you need to flash the firmware with rim installed [ may depend on the date of production]  , but in any event you need to go to PC mode by depressing the "double square" + "Y"  button at the same time.. since if all went well it should have been in Xbox mode [green] when you restarted the wheel.

Joe You.Seem to Have it Covered Dude... Your the Man Bruh... I was wondering the Same thing about Production Dates!!! Because it seems what works for 1 Batch doesn't work well or the same with the Next Batch... Strange...are they Upgrading parts or using the same Brand Parts in every batch... Seems unlikely... I wonder... I Know everything will be sorted out just curiouse why 1 Batch has a Different Reaction than the other with the Same FW.... Hhhmmm

• Unfortunately , most of the time first run is plagued by issues that don't come to light until the product is out in the real world ... same with first year autos and alike ... best to wait until year two ... add China to the mix and it seems the problems  are more plentiful.  I really think that if Thomas were sitting in an office overlooking the production floor , quality control  would be a bit more consistent..  and so would the complaints about the price he needed to charge.... trade-offs .
  • Yeah done all that on Win 8.1 x64 tried every driver, just wheel base with nothing else, BMW, f1 and xbox rim. Tried manual bootloader and auto.
    It detects the wheel but as soon as it gets to the update screen and I click connect it says not in bootloader mode when it is (flashing blue light)

I searched the FAQ, manual troubleshooting and community/google to no avail.

I had no previous drivers installed this is a whole out of the box setup. No anti virus its purely a gaming rig nice clean system.
  • Going to try one of my other pc's and see if it will update
  • Peter, try downngrading to driver V205 and fw 065 with pedals and the BMW rim attached. If that works, delete driver 205 from your pc and install driver V226 fw 116, then try updating the base with pedals attached BUT NO RIM. If the base calibrates without the rim/hub, turn base off, attach the X1 hub, turn the base on and see what it does now. If it calibrates and the power on light turns green...you're good to go...Then follow instructions of the FULL manual to centre calibrate the hub etc.
  • Going to try one of my other pc's and see if it will update
    Check to Make Sure your using the right updater 32 or 64bit.
  • So I tried just about everything last night to no avail.

I then tried it on my laptop and presto!! Worked first try. Sooo Glad I don't need to RMA I'd had blown my top. Plugged it back into the main PC and everything is tip top!
    I didn't update the pedals as somewhere here suggested.

Everything seems to work sweet on the xbox haven't tested PC yet. I do see what grimey dog was saying about there is no feedback from the road feel.

Has anyone tried using the CS Handbrake with Forza? On the PC I can see its working fine and Forza 6 has axis dead zones for the handbrake but I cannot get it to work. It's connected to the clubsport pedals I'm assuming it just isn't supported.
  • so hows everyones quality control?  I have a dead ducky switch (Purple wire pulled out from pin 3 on it's connector) Left lower button pod has a dead "X" button.  The upper control panel has both a dead "Right" switch on the d-pad and the yellow "Y" is also non functional. 

Wheel centering is a pita. and the fact that some base level of software isn't in firmware is troubling.  I've contacted customer service several times since I received the Hub a week ago and have YET to hear back from them.

Any ideas?

• so hows everyones quality control?  I have a dead ducky switch (Purple wire pulled out from pin 3 on it's connector) Left lower button pod has a dead "X" button.  The upper control panel has both a dead "Right" switch on the d-pad and the yellow "Y" is also non functional. 

Wheel centering is a pita. and the fact that some base level of software isn't in firmware is troubling.  I've contacted customer service several times since I received the Hub a week ago and have YET to hear back from them.

Any ideas?

Hello,

Sorry to hear of your troubles. How did you attempt to contact Fanatec? If contacted correctly you should hear back quickly. Thank you.

Any ideas?

Hello,

Sorry to hear of your troubles. How did you attempt to contact Fanatec? If contacted correctly you should hear back quickly. Thank you.
    Through the Fanatic support page....

Any ideas?

Hello,

Just to be clear. Did you do the following steps?

Sign in
    Click: Support/FAQ tab
    Click: SUPPORT: I do have a question about my Fanatec product
    Select your platform
    Add your product
    Click: continue on far right
    Finish the submission.

Is this the process you followed?

• edited October 2015
    I feel your pain they can be amazing or pathetic with handling issues. My wheel is fine touch wood.

It took over 48hrs to reply to my support ticket and they're solution was useless. You can tell they didn't read my email and sent a reply based on the title.

For such expensive products they have massive quality and support issues.. I've waited 7 business days for a reply so 9 days about shipping. I'm usually a patient and calm person but they drove me crazy.

There's a lot of bad things to say about them on the internet.

The community is a godsend you get a quicker reply and information.

What's your issue with centering? I found it easy.

Any ideas?

Hello,

Sign in
    Select your platform
    Add your product
    Finish the submission.

are you serious? Yes that's the steps I followed...  

Any ideas?

Hello,

Sign in
    Select your platform
    Add your product
    Finish the submission.

are you serious? Yes that's the steps I followed...  

I'm not trying to belittle you. We've had numerous people come on here and say they contacted Fanatec about about a support issue and never heard back. When asked what they did it was found that they contacted the wrong department or didn't do the process correctly. I'm just trying to make sure you get the fastest help possible. You did it correctly and we very much appreciate that. Unfortunately many don't and I have to help them. If I offended you it was not my intent. Please accept my apologies.
  • edited October 2015
    I like this steering wheel
    but I do not like Forza

Why is there no leather steering wheel without Forza lettering?
  • Because it's Alcantra....lol :D
  • Alcantara is a leather.
    Artificial ;)

And yes, there is a wheel without Forza lettering - F as Fanatec.
    And it is great with Forza game.
  • Help/info needed.

Why the Forza does not see the wheel (but it does work) the way Project Cars does?
    I mean, there is not any indication whatsoever that v2 is connected whereas in PC it is even visualised!
  • The Leather Forza wheel is very comfortable to use... I dare say the Rim its self fits my hand better than the porsche rim... My thumbs have room Now!!!
  • I'm using GT wheel which might be even more comfortable due to Alcantara - better grip.
  • Joseph GossenJoseph Gossen Member, Moderator
    Hey Grimey,

Have you tried switching from Normal to Simulation steering in Forza? I find the DoR much better and getting less oversteer. I also set the DoR back to 900. 
  • I Like the Simulation Mode also...Havent been on Forza in a Bit... Maybe i will Today.
  • Ive been using the Forza Rim on PS4 PCars... LOL
  • Joseph GossenJoseph Gossen Member, Moderator
    Of course you have LOL
  • Help/info needed.

Why the Forza does not see the wheel (but it does work) the way Project Cars does?
    I mean, there is not any indication whatsoever that v2 is connected whereas in PC it is even visualised!
    Just another try :)
  • Because that's up to the game developers Jedrzej !