Fanatec Debuts Official Forza Motorsport Racing Wheel for Xbox One

Comments

• Joseph GossenJoseph Gossen Member, Moderator
    edited September 2015
    I believe the issue is with Xbox not recognizing the wheel input via usb as active as compared to the controllers.

Welcome to the friendliest forum on earth :)
  • I believe the issue is with Xbox not recognizing the wheel input via usb as active as compared to the controllers.

Welcome to the friendliest forum on earth :)
       I was just thinking,  does Thomas have to pay a VAT on this forum...  since this is added value
  • Grimey... you made me laugh  ... My first new car was a 1971 Triumph... you can do the math on that ..   Hell, I just found out the Pope was in town, and my 92 year old Mom had to tell me that.    Can you say  H---- and Pope in the same sentence?

The world has become more peaceful since I got my wheel .... and if WWIII broke out in the last couple of weeks .... please don't tell me.

There is a web site called Geezer Gamers im on there... Yup Yrue Facts... My BDay Next month turning 46!!! i told the wife i want the CSP shifter... she asked me did i still want the R Seat.... but the point is at 25 i didnt have the option/ Financial ability to just spend $1k on Command... on the Job 18+ years and Being Mature Gamer has benefits. LOL... Who waits for Christmas??? Not Me... LOL

Thought you wanted the Obutto, Grimey ;)

• I have not had the screen saver problem yet. Maybe they fixed it with the 116 fw? I've got about 6 hours now on the wheel with two long 100 miles as well.
  • @Gimmy I have the sim-seats.com racing sim. May not look the best of all out there. But VERY customizable. They made my pedal stand for my simpedals. They will make anything you want...when they are not out racing. Lol. Check them out.
  • It will happen when you are not engaging , buttons or shifters  .... ie: in manual at Indy where you put it in high gear and leave it there ... it may happen if you are using auto trans as well .... I'm surprised you didn't have it happen @ Spa in the E23 !!!  ok , magic foot or magic pedals??
  • Have not done spa. Did do the indy 7 lap. But may have down shifted due to lapping traffic. ;-)
  • It's an X1 problem.....not Fanatec fw.
  • you can't fool me Steve ... Lotus E23.. in a spec rival ring a bell ???   it happens when the Xbox goes to sleep mode .. what time that is ...not sure ... type some stuff here and it will happen ... but way back when the hub first came out Natalie and I talked about it .
  • On another note; I mentioned before that my wheel at times will not fully cycle on start up... keep an eye out for that , it seems to affect the FFB ... just a bit.  ex. when I lost front grip, I lost all FFB .. like the car was sliding on the smoothest ice ever...reset the wheel, and next time it happened I got wheel chatter... as you can see I am perfect for testing loss of grip. The good news is , I'm getting pretty good at spin recovery .
  • Well, I have been lucky so far, but if you see a date with that? I got the well the 22nd. :-P

Antoine, it's it always the way it works? In the development world, where I work, it's always the other guys issue, lol   

I say that in pure humor as that's the life I live. But in reality, there is always 3 side to every coin...and least that's the way it seems. It will get worked out I'm sure as long as both side communicate. But I have not seen it yet. I have the Xb1 Forza blue box.  Beautiful btw.

• Also had it start the car in "R" once ... and the green ring was't all green  .... 3 green and 1 yellowish segment... no big deal it goes away when you recycle the wheel .
  • Now...how do I attach a file local from my PC?  lol  
  • Steve , you got 22nd .... I never made it to 3rd gear without burning the back tires off and practicing more spin recovery ....    no traction control??   magic foot
  • Found it, blind sometimes

This is my sim-seat.  sim-seats.com

My SimPedals, I think simpedals.com  They make the obutto(sp) I think

• 22nd place?  What...when...where?  lol
  • I must have gave up, lol
  • I'm off to check out the lotus E23 in spec rivals now.  Thank Joe, I was going to cut the grass...maybe for the last time this summer :-) :-(
  • joe rugojoe rugo Member
    edited September 2015
    it's those darn "magic pedals"......   no worry the grass will be there in the spring.......  buy a goat !!
  • funny , I can find the corner apex most of the time .... but it seems all my cars can't!!!
  • Where do I go to find where I ran the Lotus?  I know...I ask too many questions, but I really don't remember :(
  • joe rugojoe rugo Member
    edited September 2015
    Steve , you already did it once.. but Rivals-community monthly        My time is better .......... except I had to use TRACTION CONTROL just to get to 4th gear where I could finnaly mat the thing on the straights.        
  • okay, found it.  Hmmm....I remember doing this.  I am going to do it again now.  Is this where I may go to screen saver mode?  I will test.

Thanks Joe

• if you get to screen saver on this ..... you are one of the gods!!!!!!  if you really want the sleepy screen ... do an Indy free play for 30 laps in any car you don't need to shift .... the Xbox seem to not recognize ... steering , brake , or throttle input

• Well, I have been lucky so far, but if you see a date with that? I got the well the 22nd. :-P

Antoine, it's it always the way it works? In the development world, where I work, it's always the other guys issue, lol   

I say that in pure humor as that's the life I live. But in reality, there is always 3 side to every coin...and least that's the way it seems. It will get worked out I'm sure as long as both side communicate. But I have not seen it yet. I have the Xb1 Forza blue box.  Beautiful btw.

It happens with TXs too!!
  • You have a new rival, wow...what a beast!!  What are gears 1 through 4, for, except to slow down, lol
  • I did not get the screen saver, is this where I get it?

I will go do indy free play, and do 30 lap test.

• So, no traction control ?   I am impressed , I almost made around the second lap without testing to see if the HUD tire sensors turns yellow or red when the tires spins ...  FYI  .. both
  • TC...tempted, lol
  • 4/10's of a second ...  without TC ... well that basically translates to about 1/2 hour behind if I don't use TC .. I even took my socks off hoping it was the added weight that affected throttle input!!