Fanatec Debuts Official Forza Motorsport Racing Wheel for Xbox One

Comments

• No scree saver, my guess is I'm using computer monitors with PC on.  I will turn off PC next and try that.

• Monitor in Game mode as well.
  • it is either the PC or those damn magic pedals!!

• May be pedals. PC monitors did go off while driving. Turned off pc. Going to do 35 laps
  • joe rugojoe rugo Member
    edited September 2015

if the monitor goes dark... tap the "y" button it should come back ... and you have found the issue of which they speak . I have mine hooked up to a Vizio in game mode and it happen ... although I haven't tested it ...hmmmmmmmmmm  bye!!

Honey!! I can't take the trash out right now I have to test something!!

• My main monitor did not go blank yet. Just the two outside ones. The hdmi 2 input for Xbox has yet to go blank unless I get up from it for a bit. So far so good with the setup I have.
  • thank you for the shiney new #90 BMW M3 GT2  Steve!!
  • Okay, that was it.  PC on helps.  I got screen saver at lap 18, just before I pitted.

And how did I get you a new #90 BMW M3 GT2????  I want one, lol

• wheel spin after spa
  • Oh, cool!!!

I hope it's okay we keep this thread going like we are. Lol
  • That is why I thank Thomas on a regular basis...I found out what happens when you click the little bookmark  thingy..... don't get that many e-mails in a year
  • LOL, yeah.  Hey, is TCS on real F1 cars?  I'm not sure if they took that off or ABS was taken off.
  • I don't know .. but since having this set up and game I have gained a lot of respect for anyone who straps into one of these and pushes it to the limit, life on the  ..... and no restart button for sure    Rest in Peace Justin 
  • No kidding!!  Life before safer barriers as well.  These guys are fearless!   Expecially Indy drivers these days at Ovals.

• Thanks for the nice #3 Corvette C7.R  :-)

Time to eat!

• No traction control in F1... They did use it a few years back though and there has been talk of using it again but Bernie likes the idea of driver total control....So do I but it does make a challenge out of it....
  • That's what I thought Robert
    Me thinks that setup for the monthly chalenge at spa is to create week spin, no drive off on purpose by FM6
  • That's what I thought Robert
    Me thinks that setup for the monthly chalenge at spa is to create week spin, no drive off on purpose by FM6

Ya Steve ,   I am just trying to figure it all out , and like most games they all have bugs to start  and it takes a patch or two to start feeling right.

The use of a good quality wheel also magnifies it all , but really pays off when it gets right...

It takes me a while to figure out all the menus so I just move along and wait for all the fixes to come ....

This CSW V2 with the Hub for the Xbox One is so far a pleasure ... Hope to see you on line for some laps now and then...

• Hi Robert,

This wheel is amazing. Just got down watch the Colts win, and the nascar race. Going to feel this wheel out on some oval tracks on IRacing. My next purchase will be the shifter as I can't use my g27 shifter...that is unless fanatec has a cable. I don't see one :-(
  •    On a side note, apparently you can paint a car, you just can't use Fanatec in the name of the file . Forza deems it inappropriate language. hmmmm
  • All about the good ol' $$  Figures
  • Natalie BNatalie B Member, Moderator, Betatester
    edited October 2015
    I'm alive :D
    Just been busy... Very very very busy lately ;)

Talk sooooooon :-*
  • I'm alive :D

:x
  • I'm alive :D

Good. Grimey and all the other hound dogs around here were starting to worry.  :o3
  • Cant get pedals to work on xbox one, buttons work ok but no pedals, pedals work in pc mode just not xbox one mode, i have v3 pedals anyone know what I'm doing wrong.

Thanks
  • Have you connected the V3s with the RJ12 connector ? That's the only way the pedals work with X1, not by using the usb in the 2nd usb port on X1! Check if the RJ12 connectors are in the right port...both on base AND on pedal pcb
  • Cant get pedals to work on xbox one, buttons work ok but no pedals, pedals work in pc mode just not xbox one mode, i have v3 pedals anyone know what I'm doing wrong.

Thanks
    @Peter. Yeah, me too. I've sent the base and the Xbox hub back for repair for other issues, but that was a problem I also had. Hope it's not like that when I get the stuff back. In the mean time I hooked up my old CSR-E wheel. Connected the V3 pedals. Flashed all the latest drivers and firmware. Ha, nothing. No pedals. I connected my older CSR-E pedals, with a brand new main board. Ha, nothing. I even swapped out the RJ12 cable. Nothing. One thing was weird. When I went to update the firmware to the base, the green scroll bar went half way and hung up there. The software had become "unresponsive". And that was with the base connected to the pc with the USB. Aside, I'm wondering if the RJ12 port in the base is pooched. Or is it that CSR-E firmware isn't Windows 10 friendly. When I connect the pedals to the PC for flashing, they work fine. But when connected with RJ12 to the base, nada.  I am truly cursed. 

• I know, wrong thread.

• So I got mine all hooked up last night plugged it in to the xbox and turned it on then infinite boot loop constantly trying to calibrate the wheel.

Read the FAQ said I need to update the firmware first. Plugged into the pc all detected with v219, goes into bootloader mode (flashing blue), hit connect on the update screen and nada says "make sure in bootloader mode"
    I've tried every which way manually bootloader mode, no peripherals, no wheel, drivers v205, v219, v226 to no avail. The wheel base calibrates with the pc without a wheel or with the bmw or f1 wheel and I can even do led tests and such but no go on the xbox.
    The firmware is 64 so assuming it needs the update to 90 something for the xbone hub.

Currently waiting on support.

Fairly annoyed for $2500 setup it doesn't work right out of the box will be absolutely furious if I have to RMA after waiting 2 months to get it all. 
  • joe rugojoe rugo Member
    edited October 2015

@ Peter, widows !0 ?   or an earlier version?

if Windows 10  V226 is I think the best driver /firmware package, make sure you downloaded the right Bit package

.You might also  try unistalling all the fanatic software from the PC first , then re-downloading the driver package.

Unzip the firmware package.. [extract]

Base alone first was the right approach... once you download the firmware , open up the Fanatec controller window .

Connect the base to the PC via USB

power the base on Via the start button [ do not hold the button to enter bootloader] 

it should have red lights on the start button for PC mode... and the "club sport wheel" should now be showing in the controller window.

double click on "club sport wheel" highlighted in blue

click the update tab at the top left hand side...

the update page should open and show the current firmware installed... {V219 works best for me with FM6 ,but my PC is window 7]

you can re-flash the firmware by clicking the "update firmware" button

that should be [ if memory serves me] when the base goes bootloader and the light turn blue

from there just follow the prompts ...

once [if] you get this far turn the wheel off by pressing the start button and attach the Xbox hub.. when you re-start the wheel it should by default be in Xbox mode [green light] but it will also be flashing "CAL" on the LED display... calibrate center by following the instructions on page 23 of the hub manual  [download product page]     

Pedal ?   if V3's update separately via  a direct connection to a USB port using the Fanatec controller window...

the procedure for going from Xbox to PC modes are on pages 23 &  24 of the hub manual... You may have followed all these steps , but it seems the base can be a bit sensitive to missing a step... if this doesn't work check back , maybe someone else has been in the same boat.