Fanatec Debuts Official Forza Motorsport Racing Wheel for Xbox One

Comments

• Well, I am running with Firmwareversion 219, the wheel worked plug-n-play (including shifter and clutch, elite pedals)... BUT: The FFB is complete crap. Terribly arcadeish and far too much centering force. The wheel turning is fixed to +/- 540 degrees. Compared to Assetto Corsa or Pcars it is just ridiculous. Does anyone have ideas how to setup the wheel in order to have at least an acceptable handling? Very thankful for sharing your setup experiences!
  • In FM 6 you mean? First start with installing fw 116 out of driver V226. And the FFB in FM6 IS crap...somewhere in the XOne hub topic someone, thought Joseph or Joe posted FM 6 settings
  • Joseph GossenJoseph Gossen Member, Moderator
    Here they are with the latest tweaks.

WHEEL 

Sen - 900
    FF - 25
    Sho - 80
    Abs - 100
    Lin/Dea/Dri - OFF
    Brf - 50

FORZA 6 
    Deadzones - 0 (except clutch at 30)
    Sensitivity - 100 (except clutch at 70)
    Vibration - 80
    FFB - 100
    Wheel Rotation - 900
  • Just got notice my Forza Motorsport rim arrived today, can't wait to get home and try it out! :D
  • Didn't you get it from the office Ryan ? :))
  • Dillon RyanDillon Ryan Member
    edited October 2015
    Haha, I wish. Unfortunately those puppies have to stay in the office  ;)
  • Natalie BNatalie B Member, Moderator, Betatester
    Anyone know the cheat code to add extra hours into a day? I tried the capcom code when I woke up but never heard the "chime" ;)

Hope you are all well, I'm hoping to be back on soon ;)
  • edited October 2015
    Hey Natalie :x
  • Check this out !!!!

http://www.icxm.net/x/segment-next-fora-games-all.html

All Forza games will be backwards compatible with the X1. So FM 2 to 4 and FH, let's hope we can play it with our new Fanatec gear!!!! Yeaaahhh.
  • Natalie BNatalie B Member, Moderator, Betatester
    I've been logging issuees with my officially licensed licensed Xbox devices and peripherals as part of the preview program in regard to compatibility with back compat, I'm hoping they support all officially licensed USB peripherals ;)
  • Hello all. I have the csw v2, xbox one hub and forza rim. I have a small issue. When starting races i have to shift up with the paddle to be in first gear. Using firmware 116. Hope someone can help. Thanks
  • @ Douglas    V219/FW94   .... the firmware does not have that issue and seems to work well with Forza 
  • @ Douglas    V219/FW94   .... the firmware does not have that issue and seems to work well with Forza 
    Thanks Joe. Where can i get that firmware?
  • on the product page for the V2 base ... download tab... try the link

http://www.fanatec.com/us-en/wheel-bases/clubsport-wheel-base-v2-us.html

• When i try to go to driver 219 it says i already have a newer version. :(
  • did you remove the other driver ?

.. go to the control panel of your PC and uninstall the Fanatec  program .. I would also delete the driver file ... then go back to the product page and download  the V219  driver package again.  that should do it.  It did for me.

• ooops forgot ... you may want to restart your PC after uninstalling the Fanatec program... seems to be a common recommendation.
  • Ok. I got the driver updated to 219. How do i revert back to 94 firmware? Sorry bud. Kinda new to this.
  • joe rugojoe rugo Member
    edited November 2015

well,  there are some step buy step, in these threads ... but briefly

1] remove the xhub and disconnect the pedals

2] plug the base into the PC via the  USB

3] open the Fanatec controller window on the PC

4 ] power on the base by pressing the start button [ do not hold it in]

5] the base should now show up in the controller window

6] follow the instructions on page 20 of the manual , it can be down loaded from the product page

7] after update you need to recalibrate the wheel and follow the instructions on page 23 of the hub manual

I'll check back in a couple so let me know how you are doing

• joe rugojoe rugo Member
    edited November 2015

@ Douglas , judging from your prior post I assumed you had a goog working knowledge of the update procedure. If I assumed to much let me know and I'll talk you through it step by step.

Did you unzip [extract} the driver file ?

Is the Fanatec controller window showing on you desktop ?

• It's not pulling up any type of fanatec fw file when pressing load hex file. :(
  • you don't need to do that 

• :) I got it!

• assuming the ansews to my last two questions were yes

go thru the instruction to step 5

• I'll try out fm6 right now. brb.

• I am now at 219\94
  • then ,  the club sport wheel should be showing in the controller window in blue ... double click to open the base window

after that click on the update tab at the top left of the page

next, click on the "update  clubsport base firmware"  button 

• a new window will show on your desktop   

click "start firmware updater"l

• click the "connect " button"
  • then simply click the "flash firmware" button