CSL DD feels scratchy

12346»

Comments

• This fixed your vibration effect? I highly doubt that since even without a wheel attached you can feel it, nice setup tho haha

• edited February 6

First of all if you not familiar with electronics don't try this as u can permanently damage your wheelbase don't do it if u have warranty u willing to lose it if u do.

Anyone who have this overheating issue that make wheel tiny vibrations on each move and do not have warranty I have investigated a bit the issue and mosfets on the PCB (especially on 8nm) seems to fail deliver power to the motor under higher temps without noise . Mosfets are visible on picture below in red circles.

I have bought little aluminium radiators 10x10x5mm bought heat conductive glue ( very important it's glue not thermal paste to keep radiators in place don't use thermal pads they will be too thick to fit that limited space )

I have applied the radiators on those mosfets with thin layer of thermal glue important to not put too much glue to not make them stick out too high also Important that the radiators are not high profile they must be max 5mm height, bigger will put pressure with back cover of the base u might damage PCB or mosfets if the radiators sticks out too much and u put back cover and tighten the screws, so keep that in mind ( tested on CSL GT DD pro only standard CSL DD have different back cover)

Six radiators in three pairs marked in green circles on the picture below .

This has completely solved the issue for me . Before this mod after 10 laps at Monza in ACC this little vibrations were appear constantly . Today I have completed about 30/40 laps with no issue . The mod was done on CSL GT DD pro the back of standard CSL DD is a bit different so I'm not sure u can fit this radiators in this model as there is limited amount of space .

Please note that this is not easy job for everyone, and mistake can end loosing a wheelbase,please do it only if you done similar mods in the past and u 100% sure u know what u doing u doing it on own risk !

• After longer sessions I have opportunity to go through , like 2h/3h I found the problem come back but nowhere near it was before the mod if u don't know it u might not even notice . So it's not 100% working unfortunately .

• edited February 12

hi, has anyone tried using a 5nm power supply or putting an EMI filter in the socket upstream of the system?

• My DD+ was without faults when I start using it, but will develop a grainy feeling same as this post after about 20-30 minutes of playing. Will try to get around it using the methods in this thread to see if they work. Otherwise I'll just RMA it.

• Raymond XuRaymond Xu Member
    edited April 24

OK so last night during a 3hour session all good, no grainy feel. All I did was just switching the usb from back to front.

• Sadly last night the grainy feeling returned after about 20min. Will try other methods tonight.