Fanatec Driver 451 (Prev. Official Release) for CSL, CSW and Podium WB (all wheels)

Comments

• I do not get steering lock in the correct position in relation to the game. I use a CSL dd on xbox x and with in game steering at 300, and wheel SEN set at 1080 (also used on auto but still does not work) the steering lock is about 300 degrees too far. Happens on f1 and acc so it is not a game issue.

• waveformwaveform Member
    edited October 2023

Edit:

Solved by removing the RJ connector and re inserting it to the wheel base.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

My Clubpsort v1 pedals are assigned to the wrong Axis in the Fanatec Control Panel in driver version 451. 😂

I have them connected to my CSL DD wheelbase using the the PS2 to RJ adapter.

When I press the Throttle its the Brake Axis that changes, the brake pedal changes the Clutch axis and the Clutch changes the Handbrake axis.

I did not have this issue using the previous driver version and/or wheel base firmware.

I am using the latest version of the wheel base firmware 1.1.8.5, wheel base motor is 1.0.3.2

Could the 451 driver be causing the issue?

Thanks,

waveform.

• How do we get past firmware? v447?

I'm on the same situation with BMW M2 GT wheel.

Funky switch (rotation) behaviour is... inconsistent and is always multiples of single input, somewhere between 20x to 40x the normal input.

Where do I find past firmware files from Fanatec?

The firmware/driver page only has the latest 451 package.

Thanks!

• I've reverted back to driver v447 and problem persists.

It's even clearer on fanatec control panel. Whenever funky switch is rotated, it counts for some burst o inputs in that direction.

I couldn't find other versions of firmware. Hoe do you get the .hex files ?

btw: running bmw m2 gt v1 wheel

• You have to downgrade the firmware for the issue to go away.

No need to load hex files. Just open the firmware Manager, check manual update checkbox and then just update the firmware with the automatically loaded one.

• Are there going to be new drivers that support full compatibility with new Xbox Forzamotorsport game? Specifically full button mapping on all Fanatect wheel, paddle modules addons?

I've got DD1 base, with XBOX Universal Hub V2 + Podium Advance Paddle Module and would really like to map the top two paddle switches to look left/right, but can't.

I've installed latest firmware from driver pack 451.

No idea at the moment where the root cause of this limitation is!

1) XBOX OS firmware

2) Game

3) Fanatec wheel / wheelbase firmware (installed using latest driver package).

• Sometime in the future once the Xbox SDK is finished, yes, then there will be a driver with a new Firmware which would support that SDK but the SDK would still need to get implemented by the game via a game patch to enable those enhanced features.

• Nick MulkaNick Mulka Member
    edited October 2023

Moin.

Is it a known issue that BRK Force settings won’t save? Doesn’t matter if I change values via Base or Control Panel. It only holds its values when powered, after shutting it down it loses the Pedal values, everything else seems to be saved just fine.

Saying, BRK Force is reset to 60 or sometimes somehow even lower - but mostly 60.

Also Throttle and Brake values (Control Panel) wont be saved either and stay only active as long as I don’t shut my base down.

The (standard?) settings it reverts to create a deadzone in GT7 which makes nuanced acceleration and breaking a hassle. Not that it would really be okay if it didn’t.

CSL DD Pro (8nm) with CSL Pedals/Load Cell

Newest firmwares, reinstall didn’t help.

— okay, downgrading only the pedals via an older driver to firmware 1.6 did help.

• Okay, thanks.

I’ll wait then.

• Charles HoseaCharles Hosea Member
    edited October 2023

I recently moved and had to take a part my entire rig and rebuild it.

Long story shot, my DD1 is no longer being detected. I have tried different USB slots, rebooting, etc. I am not sure what has changed but could anyone assist me?

FIXED

I was able to run a repair on driver 451 and now is working again :D

• Just flashed and it re-installed the same Firmware version (691): Selected firmware V691.reva11c84c4 

has been loaded

I can confirm the funky switch rotation function now works fine again.

Thanks!

• Hi Maurice,

Can we expect a fix for this? I am pretty sure this is the cause for my funky switch weird behaviour too.

Regards.

• edited October 2023

Not planned atm, no. It was tested intensively with several dozen Legacy Wheels on several dozen different bases and the issue could not be reproduced at all, hence no further investigation was done.

Maybe will be investigated again sometime in the future how to improve this on this old Legacy wheels but definitely not anytime soon, so for sure not this year anymore as it most likely cant be improved as those wheels dont have their own firmware and it's only a very few of those Legacy wheels which are affected so it's more a hardware issue of those units and customers with such wheels will need to stay on driver 447 with included firmware if they want to use those wheels.

At some point it's just not really possible anymore to properly support such old wheels When you cant update these wheels because they simply dont have their own firmware but you still need to improve the Base Firmware for newer much more advanced wheels which then can lead to such issues of such old wheels. That's also why iPhones, even though they are supported for quite a long time for 6 years, at some point are also not supported by Apple anymore with new iOS versions as tech moves on and old tech at some point cant work with new Software anymore.

• When I use the Force Feedback Analysis screen on the Podium DD1, the base stops sporadically.

No input is accepted anymore, and the buttons like the pause menu don't work either.

The message „Connection to controller lost on the PS5 „ is not displayed

After a restart everything works great.

I downgraded to 447 and the error still exists

if I use the default screen, I have no issues.

• Yesterday I tried to update the firmware of the GT dd pro base and its steering wheel but I was unable to do so, the process remained stuck at the "please connect a Fanatec device" screen.

I tried all the solutions you suggested and even some found online but there was nothing to do.

As soon as it was connected to the PC, the base was immediately recognized by your program with an old firmware (431). Seeing the notification of a new firmware available I tried to update to the latest version (451) and from here the problems started.

I uninstalled all the firmware and tried to install them chronologically and up to version 447 it was recognized without problems, while versions 450 and 451 present the problem.

I used 2 different Windows PCs running Windows 7 and Windows 8 and they both had the same problem.

I also tightened the clamp correctly.

• So you use 2 EOL (End of Life) OSs (Operating System) and what that things work well ? ok ! Windows 10 or 11 are no good for you ?

• Could be because Windows 7 and 8 are not supported by the driver, only Windows 10 and 11.

• Thanks Maurice,

My apologies, I don't know what I was thinking but here I was expecting you might remember each user story back from n posts. Sorry, I should have stated my hardware.

I have CSL DD + Porsche rim together with PBME and UVHX2 + CSPV3 plugged to WB.

Is this already considered legacy stuff or is there still hope for a fix?

I do not believe this is a hardware issue because one tick of the funky switch equals to change value of 1 on the pbme screen and is detected fine in fanatec control panel. The issue starts when we leave fanatec environment and go to Windows.

• Unfortunately I don't have a PC with Windows 10 or 11 to be able to try...

• And one last thing. In the 448 changelog I found the following:

General Firmware Improvements

• Fixed FunkySwitch Encoder missing steps when rotating fast.

Well, this is the main suspect for me - it would match the behaviour of Windows not keeping up with more frequent inputs sent after the fix,

• windows 10 also runs on computers that run windows 7/8, you can also just upgrade to windows 10, you don't necessarily need a new computer to do that

• good evening, I wrote some time ago about a problem with the firmware update of my dd2 base, I'll try to post the error file again

- dd2 basis

- podim hub

- current driver 451

- current base firmware 3.0.1.4

- current engine firmware 3.0.0.2

- current steering wheel firmware 6

- current fanalab version 1.99.05

the problem is that I can't update the wheel base firmware. When I try, at a certain point the installation freezes and I have to restart the base. Thanks in advance and I apologize for my English but I use Google Translate... and I hope I have provided all the information necessary to solve the problem

• I would also add that the base monitor no longer turns on! it only works when he decides, sometimes yes, sometimes not... I suppose it's due to the failed update

• Issue fixed, firmware 450 and 451 no longer support versions prior to Windows 10.

Tried updating the firmware with a PC with a Windows 10 operating system and it was successful.

• I just received the Mclaren gt3/ csl Elite v2 and downloaded f1 23 . After installing the drivers the wheel and pedals working normal but once I tried to play F1 23 I can not assign the accelerator and brake to my pedals. When I try all it does is assign ‘X’ as my accelerator and ‘Y’ as my brake.

the driver is up to date (version 451)

I have only yhe j45 cable plugged into the wheel base.

can someone please help me with this issue as I just spent a lot of money trying to play this game but with no success.

your help is greatly appreciate

This discussion has been closed.