Introducing our first officially licensed racing wheel for PlayStation®4 (PS4™) - UPDATE 1

Comments

• When can we buy the Button Caps ??
    Pleas let ous buy this stand alone
  • The configurator on the Fanatec Homepage doesn't work for me. I tested it on different computers and with different browsers. Can somebody confirm this, or is it just me where it doesn't work?

I want to plan my new setup :)

My next problem is to find a solution to mount the new CSL Wheel Base on the CSL Seat. Is there an adapter or something?

• The configurator on the Fanatec Homepage doesn't work for me. I tested it on different computers and with different browsers. Can somebody confirm this, or is it just me where it doesn't work?

I want to plan my new setup :)

My next problem is to find a solution to mount the new CSL Wheel Base on the CSL Seat. Is there an adapter or something?

Can you explain your issue with configuator? I got it to work on my phone and pc. Here's my steps: I open a category box. I select what I want in that category. Close that category box. Proceed to next category and repeat. Add to cart at the end.
  • edited June 2017
    When I choose for example the CSP V3 on the product page I can add it to Cart and I can also choose an Accessory for adding it to the Cart on the product page.

But when I click on the configurator and I choose a product, the configurator doesn't assume it to the overview list on the left side. It's still blank and I know it worked in the past for me. It doesn't switch to the next step, where I can choose an accessory for the selected product.

• When I choose for example the CSP V3 on the product page I can add it to Cart and I can also choose an Accessory for adding it to the Cart on the product page.

But when I click on the configurator and I choose a product, the configurator doesn't assume it to the overview list on the left side. It's still blank and I know it worked in the past for me. It doesn't switch to the next step, where I can choose an accessory for the selected product.
    Hey bud. You are correct that it doesn't change the left side. That's something Fanatec needs to address. But the rest does work. If follow the steps from my previous post it will accurately keep track and add those items to your cart.

The CSL Elite Racing Wheel - officially licensed for PS4 is available in our webshop from today and it is the first Fanatec® racing wheel which is officially licensed by Sony Interactive Entertainment Europe (SIEE) for PlayStation®4.

In the press release we will talk about the specs and features but most of you already know our products well so let me tell you some inside information.

The Wheel Base
    The base looks obviously very similar to our CSL Elite Wheel base, but there are some significant differences.
    • As this is an officially licensed product we added some electronics provided by Sony and this ensures that the racing wheel is properly recognized by the console
    • The motor driver electronics are completely different to the CSL Elite Wheel Base and the same as on the ClubSport Wheel Base V2.5.
    • The motor itseld and the power supply is also identical to the CS WB V2.5 but because of the diffferent gear ratio, this wheel base has less torque but more speed.
    The Steering Wheel
    The steering wheel of the CSL Elite Racing Wheel also looks familiar but we improved it significantly on several points over the existing CSL P1 Steering Wheel.
    • It now comes with perforated genuine leather and suede fabric with blue stitching.
    • The weight is now reduced to 970g which makes it the lightest steering wheel in our range. This increases acceleration and consumes less torque.
    • The shifter paddles have been re-designed and now include Snaptron® snapdomes. They deliver a sensational positive and strong click feeling.
    • The buttons are now interchangeable so you can use easy symbols to remember the mapping of your most important racing game functions.
    Please note that the steering wheel will not be sold separately for now.

Compatibility
    By working really closely with SIEE on the development of the CSL Elite Racing Wheel we have been able to integrate features that we know racing fans on the PS4 will be able to appreciate, including: 
    • Fully supported within the PS4 console menu.
    • Enables advanced functionality with select upcoming compatible games, including GT Sport.
    • The CSL E RW is backwards compatible to all games which were compatible to the CS WB V2 with the help of a compatibility mode. It will work fine in the game but not in the system menu of the console.
    •  Assetto Corsa and Dirt 4 are the first fully compatible titels and many more will follow. This includes F1 2017, Project Cars II and of course GT Sport.
    Availability
    At the moment the CSL Elite Racing Wheel is only available in Europe and Australia but we are exploring the possibility of expanding the availability into further markets. 

The orders will be shipped right away. 

We will also have a special introduction bundle which will be attractive especially to new customers. For just 519,95 € you get a complete set with CSL Elite Pedals.

More info and a video to be posted soon.

How do you like it?

• I'm chomping at the bit please hurry f1 2017 would be awesome with this new wheel I sure.
  • I really like the mode button of the wheel base. But Thomas, is there any chance to negotiate with Sony again in order to add the 'PS3 mode' via the next Firmware update? That would be awesome!!! Or is this technically impossible?
  • I really like the mode button of the wheel base. But Thomas, is there any chance to negotiate with Sony again in order to add the 'PS3 mode' via the next Firmware update? That would be awesome!!! Or is this technically impossible?
    I bet technically impossible. And tbh, we are living in 2017 (which is even a half year old already), "new" consoles are out 4 years now and we are already in the near of the next console gen with PS5 rumoured to be released next year, so I dont see any reason to support a very old console Gen like the PS3..
  • edited June 2017
    There is another purpose of the 'PS3 Mode' I'm looking for... It will make F1 2016 and Driveclub compatible again. You just need an additional device.
  • My CSR failed in a second consecutive race today, so definitely hoping we can buy this in the US soon. :/
  • Hi all quick question I have the CSL wheel ps4 version with a set of Club sport pedals V2 loaded Dirt 4 today wheel is recognized but pedals are not. Re downloaded firmware for the wheel with same result game not seeing pedals Any ideas I'm a bit stumped on it....
  • You have pedals plugged into base correctly? (Sorry but have to ask. Some people forget). Have you tried it in any other games or on the pc?
  • Yes plugged in correct.
    Works fine on asseto corrsa fine on project cars and every works on the pc calabration screen.
    Works fine on asseto corrsa fine on project cars and every works on the pc calabration screen.
    I don't have Dirt 4. But if it works with all the others fine sounds like a Dirt 4 issue. Have you checked their website or FAQ to see if others are experiencing the same issue?
    I don't have Dirt 4. But if it works with all the others fine sounds like a Dirt 4 issue. Have you checked their website or FAQ to see if others are experiencing the same issue?
    Thanks Chris no answers there either yet mate hope to get a response from  codemasters soon... 
  • edited June 2017
    I really like the mode button of the wheel base. But Thomas, is there any chance to negotiate with Sony again in order to add the 'PS3 mode' via the next Firmware update? That would be awesome!!! Or is this technically impossible?
    Ok, I got it.There won't be a chance for the 'PS3 mode' because of the agreement with Sony. Hence I have to keep my beautiful GT3 RS V2 wheel instead of selling it in order to play e.g. Driveclub with a Fanatec wheel on my PS4. F1 2016 is not so relevant because the 2017 version will support my new PS4 licensed Elite Wheel.

• still waiting :(( >:P
  • still waiting :(( >:P
    Join the club :-)
  • Join the club :-)
    I'm with ya man. this is getting old real quick.lol
  • Join the club :-)
    I'm with ya man. this is getting old real quick.lol
    Sitting on the bench too... (heavy sigh)
  • The UPS tracking shows that I should recive mine today. Can't wait the UPS guy to show up. Fingers crossed for a morning delivery, as I have all the afternoon free of work, it'd be perfect for setting everything up.  8->
  • almost 2 weeks later and still no word on North America release? Never had so much trouble trying to give away my money. Any news at all?
    Almost 3 weeks now. I fear I'm losing excitement towards this product and sim racing in general. Too many rules.
  • Yea it'd be nice to ad least get a statement about what's the situation with the North American release. I really want to buy a wheel within the next week and this has been the best choice after all my research but Thrustmasters sales have been tempting lately.... 
  • edited June 2017
    Is there any reason why the rev display on the wheel base as well as the tuning menu/gear display on the wheel doesn't work in DiRT 4? I thought DiRT 4 is the first fully supported PS4 game for the CSL ERW?
  • edited June 2017
    I'm pretty sure we can expect a patch soon.
  • Hi gents, I received my csl elite for ps4 last week, and I face a problem since saturday. The wheel do not work on assetto corsa (ps4). The first time I connected the wheel to the ps4, everything was ok on AC, then I switch to pcars, still ok, but now, if I want to use AC, it don't work anymore. I tried to update the wheel but still the same problem. The wheel work on playstation menu but nothing in game (only assetto). Strange because it works the first time... Another thing, rev display are not working on dirt rally, and vibrations on csw v3 pedal not work properly on all games tested. Any suggestion to help me ?
  • Hi gents, I received my csl elite for ps4 last week, and I face a problem since saturday. The wheel do not work on assetto corsa (ps4). The first time I connected the wheel to the ps4, everything was ok on AC, then I switch to pcars, still ok, but now, if I want to use AC, it don't work anymore. I tried to update the wheel but still the same problem. The wheel work on playstation menu but nothing in game (only assetto). Strange because it works the first time... Another thing, rev display are not working on dirt rally, and vibrations on csw v3 pedal not work properly on all games tested. Any suggestion to help me ?
    In which mode your base is set when you launch AC? For AC you should switch to PS4 mode, for pCARS to CSW v2 compatibility mode.

Rev display not working in Dirt Rally I think is a game thing because that is a game which doesnt officially supports the CSL E PS4 RW and should also be played with compatibility mode and the CSW v2 doesnt have the rev leds build into the base so you dont get the leds working in that game. AC is the first game which officially supports the CSL E PS4 RW with all the lights. Dirt 4 should also work but as some people said above the leds are not working yet but that should be patched soon I guess..
  • Thanks for reply. I used the ps4 mode (blue light), but I tried almost everything, compatibility mode, pc mode, start the wheel before launching the game, after etc... Still not working. Regarding rev lights for Dirt, they are working nor on the base, nor on the wheel, but in pcars it is working well (compatibility mode also).
  • Thanks for reply. I used the ps4 mode (blue light), but I tried almost everything, compatibility mode, pc mode, start the wheel before launching the game, after etc... Still not working. Regarding rev lights for Dirt, they are working nor on the base, nor on the wheel, but in pcars it is working well (compatibility mode also).
    Very odd. You may want to contact support and see if they have any advice. I'm thinking it's something small being overlooked. I only say this because when I run into issues like this myself it's always because I didn't do some small procedure or function. ~X(