Introducing our first officially licensed racing wheel for PlayStation®4 (PS4™) - UPDATE 1

Comments

• We just signed the agreement with Sony Interactive Entertainment LLC about selling this wheel in the US. Now we need to make new packaging and produce products and get all of that apporved so we are still some time away from shipping it to customers in the US but we will get there.

I guess this isn't going to be a matter of a couple days either?~X(

What's the source of that quote?
    The updated blog post ;-)
  • First page of this forum under update 1
  • Can any body
    Hi All,

got a question regarding compatibility with Dirt 4: I've got CSP V1 pedals hooked up to the CSL Elite wheel and so far everything worked fine (in Asset Corsa in PS4 mode, Pcars and Dirt Rally in compatibility mode), but now it seems as if Dirt 4 doesn't recognizes the pedals. Tried everything like rebooting the wheel, switching modes back and forth, switching USB-ports at the console but they're just not working. Neither on track, nor in the calibration screen. BTW: newest driver and firmware is installed.

Did anyone discover similar problems?
    I had this issue with csp v2 contact support they have a fix for the problem that worked for me it took awhile but they got it sorted.
    They gave me a update but I am not allowed to share it.
    Cheers.
  • Ok ibought new wheel for ps4. When will be some patch / update to base . Now this clunky effect sucks. This is not good and unreal. This is bad things. On PC its all good. On ps4 terrible. Any news ?
  • Hello Thomas!

Can you confirm the compatibility of CSL Elite with GT SPORT? 
    Recently disappeared from the list of supported games. At GTPlanet.net  I got this information:

There was one game we couldn’t try the CSL Elite on: Gran Turismo Sport. No, not because the beta ended — Polyphony hadn’t added support for it. Fanatec confirmed with us that it is talking with the Japanese developer about including its SDK. 

Does the lack of GT Sport on the compatibility list mean that the conversation failed?

Thanks!

• Can any body
    Hi All,

got a question regarding compatibility with Dirt 4: I've got CSP V1 pedals hooked up to the CSL Elite wheel and so far everything worked fine (in Asset Corsa in PS4 mode, Pcars and Dirt Rally in compatibility mode), but now it seems as if Dirt 4 doesn't recognizes the pedals. Tried everything like rebooting the wheel, switching modes back and forth, switching USB-ports at the console but they're just not working. Neither on track, nor in the calibration screen. BTW: newest driver and firmware is installed.

Did anyone discover similar problems?
    I had this issue with csp v2 contact support they have a fix for the problem that worked for me it took awhile but they got it sorted.
    They gave me a update but I am not allowed to share it.
    Cheers.
    Thanks a lot mate, I'll give it a try.

Cheers
  • Hello Thomas!

Recently disappeared from the list of supported games. At GTPlanet.net  I got this information:

There was one game we couldn’t try the CSL Elite on: Gran Turismo Sport. No, not because the beta ended — Polyphony hadn’t added support for it. Fanatec confirmed with us that it is talking with the Japanese developer about including its SDK. 

Does the lack of GT Sport on the compatibility list mean that the conversation failed?

Thanks!

What forum is this in GTPLANET?
  • edited August 2017
    Para cuando en USA? ya urge tener el CSL en las manos, el G29 es un pedaso de plastico, estoy corriendo Assetto Corsa con el G29 pero ya se viene Project CARS 2, Gran Turismo Sport y F1 2017 mucho que manejar y no creo que el G29 aguante

PSN ID: SimRaceVenezuela
  • Para cuando en USA? ya urge tener el CSL en las manos, el G29 es un pedaso de plastico, estoy corriendo Assetto Corsa con el G29 pero ya se viene Project CARS 2, Gran Turismo Sport y F1 2017 mucho que manejar y no creo que el G29 aguante

PSN ID: SimRaceVenezuela
    This forum is English-only.
  • Thomas JackermeierThomas Jackermeier Member, Administrator
    Hello Thomas!

Thanks!

Polyphony has our wheel and SDK and is working on implementation. So far they did not release a list of compatible Input devices so nothing is official yet.
  • I have updated my CSL PS4 to FW 297 today and I can no longer switch modes. If I press the mode button it goes to purple (CSW v2 compatibility mode) and I ca hear USB device disconnected sound and then 2 seconds later it goes back to PC mode (red).

On the previous FW I could just select any mode I want anytime. Some of the games like Forza Apex will only work with the compatibility mode.

Is it possible to revert the FW? Can I download the FW files manually and select the file during the update process? Load HEX file?
  • also my wheel is not working in pCARS in any mode. I can map it as custom wheel or use the CSWv2 profile but even in the comaptibility mode the wheel report very strange values to the game.

When I am on full lock (in 360 degree set in profile) the wheel correctly reports 180 degrees during calibration but when I turn the wheel from centre position it immediately goes to some crazy number like 16000 degrees and then keeps decreasing until full lock where it correctly reports 180 degrees.

This was even before the fw update to 297
  • People, I am totally confused, Please help! 1- If I buy CSL Elite with PS4 (The new one) do I get pedal set in it? 2- If the CSL Elite pedal set is included, do I only buy Loadcell kit seperately? 3-If I buy Loadcell kit, does it come mounted on pedals or do I have to mount it? 4- Are Clubsport v3 pedals better to justify money difference? 5- If I buy an Xbox One Rim later on, does my wheel become fully compatble with Xbox One also? Thanks a bunch!
  • Chris  BrosharChris Broshar Member
    edited August 2017
    People, I am totally confused, Please help! 1- If I buy CSL Elite with PS4 (The new one) do I get pedal set in it? 2- If the CSL Elite pedal set is included, do I only buy Loadcell kit seperately? 3-If I buy Loadcell kit, does it come mounted on pedals or do I have to mount it? 4- Are Clubsport v3 pedals better to justify money difference? 5- If I buy an Xbox One Rim later on, does my wheel become fully compatble with Xbox One also? Thanks a bunch!
    Being in the US I can't answer all your questions. But I can answer some. Number 3: you have to install loadcell kit yourself. Number 4: I believe so but everyone is different. You'll find this to be a reaccuring theme with sim racing gear. Everyone views it by their own standards. Number 5: Yes, if you use a Xboxone rim on the new CSLE PS4 base it does work on the Xbox one and the soon to be released XBOX ONE X.
  • Emrah ÇobanEmrah Çoban Member
    edited August 2017
    Thank you for the help, and it seems from what I've seen so far from reviews that the wheel comes with the pedal set. I'm also curious about shipping lenght and I know that's not an exact science but how long did it take for your product to arrive? From the moment of payment confirmation to deliver? I'm ordering it as soon as I get back home!
  • Thank you for the help, and it seems from what I've seen so far from reviews that the wheel comes with the pedal set. I'm also curious about shipping lenght and I know that's not an exact science but how long did it take for your product to arrive? From the moment of payment confirmation to deliver? I'm ordering it as soon as I get back home!
    You would need to state your country so others can give you their shipping experiences.
  • People, I am totally confused, Please help! 1- If I buy CSL Elite with PS4 (The new one) do I get pedal set in it? 2- If the CSL Elite pedal set is included, do I only buy Loadcell kit seperately? 3-If I buy Loadcell kit, does it come mounted on pedals or do I have to mount it? 4- Are Clubsport v3 pedals better to justify money difference? 5- If I buy an Xbox One Rim later on, does my wheel become fully compatble with Xbox One also? Thanks a bunch!
    Hello, I think if you want the pedals, you have to buy the CSL ellite starter pack in the bundles section (519,95€) . If you buy the CSL elite wheel (499,95€) the pedals are not included. That´s what I understand
    Hello, I think if you want the pedals, you have to buy the CSL ellite starter pack in the bundles section (519,95€) . If you buy the CSL elite wheel (499,95€) the pedals are not included. That´s what I understand
    Correct, Fanatec wheel bases never come with pedals, you'll have to buy a bundle for that.
  • Hello, I've lost several blog pages ... can anyone tell me if the base will come without wheels? Is it good to wait?
  • The base will come WITH its wheel.

no wait, it's really good !!

I already have 2 wheels, which I love !!! I like how CSL is finished but I do not like the asymmetric position of the keys. Would end up in a wardrobe, so I was hoping for a base without rim. To save something, since CSW v2 was supposed to be my investment for ps4.
  • edited August 2017

The base will come WITH its wheel.

I already have 2 wheels, which I love !!! I like how CSL is finished but I do not like the asymmetric position of the keys. Would end up in a wardrobe, so I was hoping for a base without rim. To save something, since CSW v2 was supposed to be my investment for ps4.
    But the CSW v2 is not PS4 compatible (officially).
    And tbh the improved CSL Elite P1 PS4 Wheel Rim is a LOT better than the standard P1 rim ;-) The positioning of the buttons is great imo, I can reach almost all buttons without much effort. Also that on the right side they are angled like the PS4 buttons and on the left side around the joystick reminds you quickly what button mapping you have on which button.

But the CSW v2 is not PS4 compatible (officially).
    And tbh the improved CSL Elite P1 PS4 Wheel Rim is a LOT better than the standard P1 rim ;-)
    Agreed. The new rim is easily a everyday rim choice. It doesn't have the better quick release but once it's attached it's not really a issue.
  • Should we be hopeful that this will be available in North America in time for the September 22 release of pCars 2?
    :D
  • Hristo GoshevHristo Goshev Member
    edited August 2017
    Should we be hopeful that this will be available in North America in time for the September 22 release of pCars 2?
    :D
    This:https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/threads/fanatec-csl-elite-racing-wheel-thread-officially-licensed-for-ps4.356268/page-12#post-11906913
  • http://shop.cronusmax.com/drivehub.html   the solution to everyone's wheel woes!
  • http://shop.cronusmax.com/drivehub.html   the solution to everyone's wheel woes!
    Thanks for spammy response, but I think most people are interested in this wheels features and not just PS4 compatibility.

This sounds like the perfect wheel for me, but I don't even have a PS4.
  • Just pre-ordered nascar Heat 2! hope it supports this wheel base or I'll have another game I cant play.

• Hi Thomas, you wrote 'Polyphony has our wheel and SDK and is working on implementation. So far they did not release a list of compatible Input devices so nothing is official yet.' But looking to your product description which says '... Enables advanced functionality with select upcoming compatible games, including GT Sport.' everything seems to be clear and official in terms of GTsport compatibility with the new PS4 wheel. So I guess you can imagine that the GTsport player are a bit confused because of your statement. Cheers, Rinki
  • Hi there, my only one concern about this new wheel and the one I am waiting to make my change from my oldest G25 with the almighty Cronusmax Plus (good solution for those guy like me were waiting for something from Fanatec) is with the games supports for me the most importan part will we have the same response in upgrades or we going to be seconds like the wheel release? And another one, will the new CLS like price wheel is a some replica like the awesome BMW GT2?

Regards,