Introducing our first officially licensed racing wheel for PlayStation®4 (PS4™) - UPDATE 1

Comments

• Comon people, this is Sony we're talking about.
  • Guys it must be tough waiting. I've got mine and it's great.
  • 5 weeks.URG!!
    Guys it must be tough waiting. I've got mine and it's great.

• are we ever going to get any kind of news or progress update?
  • I check the site everyday and wondered the same, why can't someone from fanatec respond to their diehard customers.
  • I check the site everyday and wondered the same, why can't someone from fanatec respond to their diehard customers.
    Really sucks for us cause we are having to wait twice
  • I am a little tired of waiting and I think I'm giving up racing on the PS4. I think I am getting the V2.5 and F1 rim around the time F1 2017 launches. The V2.5 has gotten a good number of positive reviews and you can buy it in USA now!!  
  • edited July 2017

From the FQA page:

The following Playstation 4™ games / simulations are compatible to the "CSL Elite Racing Wheel - officially licensed for PS4™"

Assetto Corsa
    Dirt Rally*
    Dirt 4
    Gran Turismo Sport**
    F1 2015*
    F1 2017**
    Project CARS*
    Project CARS 2**
    Sébastien Loeb Rally Evo*
    The Crew* -> PS4 controller is needed to press "X" on the game launch screen
    WRC 5 *

* - The wheel has to be set into compatibility mode (purple LED above the power button) to play the game. Set the wheel into this mode at the launch screen of the game and start the game by pressing "X" on the steering wheel afterwards. All new games can be launched in standard PS4™ mode (blue LED).

** - announced - not yet released

Not compatible:
    DriveClub
    F1 2016
    -> Since those games are not patched/updated anymore it is impossible to integrate our SDK, which would be mandatory to enable support.

Important:
    This list is only for the PS4™ version of the CSL Elite Wheel Base ("CSL Elite Racing Wheel - officially licensed for PS4™")!
    Please always install the latest firmware onto the Wheel with use of the PC driver. Additional information can be found in the full manual of the product. Driver and Manual can be found in the download section of the product
    Now I'm really alarmed! As you can see in the posting above there is clearly stated that GT Sport will be compatible. BUT when I check the FAQ page now it looks like this:

The following Playstation 4™ games / simulations are compatible to the "CSL Elite Racing Wheel - officially licensed for PS4™"

Assetto Corsa
    Dirt Rally*
    Dirt 4
    F1 2015*
    F1 2017**
    Project CARS*
    Project CARS 2**
    The Crew* -> PS4 controller is needed to press "X" on the game launch screen
    WRC 5 *
    WRC 7**

All upcoming advanced driving simulator games with support of force feedback racing wheels will be compatible.

And as you can see there is no GT Sport listed anymore!!! Ok, the last sentence seems to be a glimmer of hope but I would really like to know why it is not listed anymore...
  • From the FQA page:

Assetto Corsa
    Dirt Rally*
    Dirt 4
    Gran Turismo Sport**
    F1 2015*
    F1 2017**
    Project CARS*
    Project CARS 2**
    The Crew* -> PS4 controller is needed to press "X" on the game launch screen
    WRC 5 *

* - The wheel has to be set into compatibility mode (purple LED above the power button) to play the game. Set the wheel into this mode at the launch screen of the game and start the game by pressing "X" on the steering wheel afterwards. All new games can be launched in standard PS4™ mode (blue LED).

** - announced - not yet released

Not compatible:
    DriveClub
    F1 2016
    -> Since those games are not patched/updated anymore it is impossible to integrate our SDK, which would be mandatory to enable support.

Important:
    This list is only for the PS4™ version of the CSL Elite Wheel Base ("CSL Elite Racing Wheel - officially licensed for PS4™")!
    Please always install the latest firmware onto the Wheel with use of the PC driver. Additional information can be found in the full manual of the product. Driver and Manual can be found in the download section of the product
    Now I'm really alarmed! As you can see in the posting above there is clearly stated that GT Sport will be compatible. BUT when I check the FAQ page now it looks like this:

Assetto Corsa
    Dirt Rally*
    Dirt 4
    F1 2015*
    F1 2017**
    Project CARS*
    Project CARS 2**
    The Crew* -> PS4 controller is needed to press "X" on the game launch screen
    WRC 5 *
    WRC 7**

All upcoming advanced driving simulator games with support of force feedback racing wheels will be compatible.

And as you can see there is no GT Sport listed anymore!!! Ok, the last sentence seems to be a glimmer of hope but I would really like to know why it is not listed anymore...
    You shouldnt worry because the wheel is Officially Licensed by Sony it will work with Gt sport --> Polypony or how ever you spell it is a Sony Company / Gt Sport is a 1st party PS4 Title so the wheel will work or it will be guatenteed to work in what ever region the wheel is Officially Licensed and Sold... Just My thoughts
  • But why it is not listed anymore?
  • As much as the US delays are frustrating for me, I have to imagine that the FANATEC people are even more frustrated about the delays.

• As much as the US delays are frustrating for me, I have to imagine that the FANATEC people are even more frustrated about the delays.

I know right. Such a great product and not everyone can enjoy it.
  • edited July 2017
    But why it is not listed anymore?
    'Compatibility By working really closely with SIEE on the development of the CSL Elite Racing Wheel we have been able to integrate features that we know racing fans on the PS4 will be able to appreciate, including:  Fully supported within the PS4 console menu. Enables advanced functionality with select upcoming compatible games, including GT Sport.The CSL E RW is backwards compatible to all games which were compatible to the CS WB V2 with the help of a compatibility mode. It will work fine in the game but not in the system menu of the console.  Assetto Corsa and Dirt 4 are the first fully compatible titels and many more will follow. This includes F1 2017, Project Cars II and of course GT Sport." From the first post in this topique.
  • On my side, the wheel is still not compatible with assetto, I am still waiting a solution from fanatec support but it seems that they are not in a hurry to solve this problem...
  • edited July 2017
    On my side, the wheel is still not compatible with assetto, I am still waiting a solution from fanatec support but it seems that they are not in a hurry to solve this problem...
    and what exactly is not working? Are you using latest 297 firmware? Are you starting the game with the base set into PS4 (blue led) mode)? Did you pressed the PS button on the rim after you booted the base to assign the wheel base to your PS Account?

On my side the wheel is fully compatible with Assetto on the PS4 wit latest 297 Firmware and the base running in PS4 mode.

• On my side, the wheel is still not compatible with assetto, I am still waiting a solution from fanatec support but it seems that they are not in a hurry to solve this problem...
    and what exactly is not working? Are you using latest 297 firmware? Are you starting the game with the base set into PS4 (blue led) mode)? Did you pressed the PS button on the rim after you booted the base to assign the wheel base to your PS Account?

On my side the wheel is fully compatible with Assetto on the PS4 wit latest 297 Firmware and the base running in PS4 mode.
    Several settings did not work on Assetto Corsa on PS4 with that wheel on track, even with the latest firmware. 
    At least for me, but others have reported that too.
    The button mappings for Turbo, ABS, Traction Control, DRS, Kers are not working, which means you can't change them at all!

So, this is working for you?

The wheel switches automatically to Blue LED Mode when starting Assetto Corsa. If one could change to compatibility mode then the on track buttons might work, but this is not possible.

Several settings did not work on Assetto Corsa on PS4 with that wheel on track, even with the latest firmware. 
    At least for me, but others have reported that too.
    The button mappings for Turbo, ABS, Traction Control, DRS, Kers are not working, which means you can't change them at all!

So, this is working for you?

The wheel switches automatically to Blue LED Mode when starting Assetto Corsa. If one could change to compatibility mode then the on track buttons might work, but this is not possible.
    And thats exactly what I meant. Thats not an issue with the CSL Elite PS4 wheel. The Fanatec support cant change this as this is a game issue so no need to state here that they are not in a hurry to solve this problem - because they simply cant.
    Kunos needs to update the game to fully support the wheel so that you can switch those things with keys on the wheel rim. Please report this in the Assetto Corsa Console forum.
    Also compatibility mode in AC is impossible as the compatibility mode is for old games which supported the CSW v2. AC is a relatively new PS4 game and never supported the CSW v2 so it is simply iompossible to run the game in the compatibility mode. Blue PS4 mode is absolutely correct. 
  • Ralph HübnerRalph Hübner Member
    edited July 2017
    Fully compatible is a matter of interpretation. For you it is, for me its not.
  • Well, it is fully compatible in the way Kunos decided to implement this Wheel. Actually they decided to only make 2 wheel presets and the G29 preset. Some other wheels are working but are not implemented with a preset. Unfortunately there is also no way to re-assign the buttons, just strict pre-configured mappings from the presets. Thats no issue of Fanatec with the wheel. To say the wheel is not compatible with Assetto is therefore simply not true because it is working with the game and the "issue" is on the Kunos side - they need to implement more presets or allow button remappings. Again, please ask for this in the Assetto Corsa Console Forum so maybe they will make one of those changes in the future :)

Yes, yes, yes, yes and yes :) I tried everything, it worked fine the first time but now the wheel is not recognized in AC. I mean, the wheel work on ps4 menu, but in AC none button has reaction, in the menu or on the track.

Yes, yes, yes, yes and yes :) I tried everything, it worked fine the first time but now the wheel is not recognized in AC. I mean, the wheel work on ps4 menu, but in AC none button has reaction, in the menu or on the track.
    And in Assetto Corsa you have one of the wheel presets selected and not the DS4 Controller? Happened to me several times that the game switched back to Controller instead of the wheel presets. 
  • Well, it is fully compatible in the way Kunos decided to implement this Wheel. Actually they decided to only make 2 wheel presets and the G29 preset. Some other wheels are working but are not implemented with a preset. Unfortunately there is also no way to re-assign the buttons, just strict pre-configured mappings from the presets. Thats no issue of Fanatec with the wheel. To say the wheel is not compatible with Assetto is therefore simply not true because it is working with the game and the "issue" is on the Kunos side - they need to implement more presets or allow button remappings. Again, please ask for this in the Assetto Corsa Console Forum so maybe they will make one of those changes in the future :)
    As Maurice stated it's as compatible as Kunos allows. Fanatec isn't holding back. Kunos needs to make a few adjustments and improvements.
  • Lee HorneLee Horne Member
    edited July 2017
    I have logged the issue of buttons not working with Kunos on their forum/website for The button mappings for Turbo, ABS, Traction Control, DRS, Kers are not working, which means you can't change them at all! on my CSL Elite PS4 Edition but sadly had no responses what so ever.

I think every owner of the new wheel needs to log a fault with them to put pressure on them to fix it!

I can play Assetto fine but don't have the above functionality.
  • edited July 2017

We just signed the agreement with Sony Interactive Entertainment LLC about selling this wheel in the US. Now we need to make new packaging and produce products and get all of that apporved so we are still some time away from shipping it to customers in the US but we will get there.

I guess this isn't going to be a matter of a couple days either?~X(

• edited July 2017

Nice update. How confident are you that it will make the GT Sport release date of 10/17/17?
  • Lee Horne said:
    I have logged the issue of buttons not working with Kunos on their forum/website for The button mappings for Turbo, ABS, Traction Control, DRS, Kers are not working, which means you can't change them at all! on my CSL Elite PS4 Edition but sadly had no responses what so ever.

I think every owner of the new wheel needs to log a fault with them to put pressure on them to fix it!

I can play Assetto fine but don't have the above functionality.
    Reading though some other threads on the Kunos forum it looks like they might be working on button mapping for Update 1.15 for which you would think this would rectify the above issue, I certainly hope so!
  • Hi All,

got a question regarding compatibility with Dirt 4: I've got CSP V1 pedals hooked up to the CSL Elite wheel and so far everything worked fine (in Asset Corsa in PS4 mode, Pcars and Dirt Rally in compatibility mode), but now it seems as if Dirt 4 doesn't recognizes the pedals. Tried everything like rebooting the wheel, switching modes back and forth, switching USB-ports at the console but they're just not working. Neither on track, nor in the calibration screen. BTW: newest driver and firmware is installed.

Did anyone discover similar problems?
  • now that it sounds like its in your hands is there any kind of timeline for us customers in usa? Any info would be greatly appreciated because there are several games I would like to pre-order, but I learned my lesson last year when I pre-ordered Nascar heat and was never able to play it. Thanks in advance.
  • Hi, Thomas. I too am waiting for news on when we can order the CSL Elite Wheel PS4 in the US. I will put up my Logitech G29 for sale the next day. I want to step up my racing wheel and pedals to the next level, with this mid-range option.  :D
  • We just signed the agreement with Sony Interactive Entertainment LLC about selling this wheel in the US. Now we need to make new packaging and produce products and get all of that apporved so we are still some time away from shipping it to customers in the US but we will get there.

I guess this isn't going to be a matter of a couple days either?~X(

What's the source of that quote?