Fanatec Beta Driver V289 for CSW V1, CSW V2, CSW V2.5, CSL E WB, CSL E PS4

Comments

• Armin HabermannArmin Habermann Member, Administrator
    edited June 2017
    Correct! After evaluation of the feedback it has been proved that the latest driver and firmware is the best version and ready to go public.
  • COUSIN YoannCOUSIN Yoann Member
    edited June 2017

I just installed these new beta drivers(V289) and the rev lights and the display still do not work with Projects CARS or Dirt 4.
    I have a CSW v2.5 with the Formula Carbon wheel.
    Are the lights suppose to work? or no support yet?

What software are you using? Have you downloaded Fanaleds? You didn't give us much info to help you.
    I tried Fanleds. On Project CARS, the gear shows but no rev lights. I even tried mapping them individually.
    Dirt 4 looks like is not supported yet. But Dirt Rally is supported. There is no instruction for Dirt Rally in their README but the setup seems similar to the F1 2016 but it didn't work.
    Any ideas?

Hello Juan

. I used SLIMax Manager Pro on Dirt 4 and Pcars Works very well .(and a lot of others games)

No problem Only 3 step for working:
     -Download the last version of SLIMax Manager Pro version 
     -Make à configuration of your game (you must make the configuration for working) IT'S VERY IMPORTANT
     -you click on "check for update" for check if you have thé new pluging 
     -gaming 

For your help follow the Link:

Game and simulation configuration to send telemetry: http://www.eksimracing.com/slimax-manager-getting-started/7/

Regards
  • Hello.

I have a question regarding the v289 driver, which has now moved out of the beta phase.

My system runs V3 Clubsport pedals, which are supported by v289, but I also run a CSR Elie (EU) wheel base which is not on the list of supported devices.

I'm am uncertain whether I should I update the driver or not? Could someone from Fanatec please let me know.

Thanks
  • In rfactor2 going into a corner while on the brakes the steering looses all ffb even paddle input. not every corner but mostly one specific every lap
    Running latest beta driver 289 and firmware 299
    Make sure all the Screws inside the Rim Hub are tight---> I had same problem tightening the Allen screws fixed it---> The Middle Screw being loose is more than likely the source of the problem---> for Me problem occurred on same track and corner for Me also because its the corner that exerts just the right amount of FFB input to make it happen.

Thx mate think that did it. I've been testing now for a couple hours and it seems ok 

:-c :-c
    My system runs V3 Clubsport pedals, which are supported by v289, but I also run a CSR Elie (EU) wheel base which is not on the list of supported devices.

Hi Josh,

the CSR Elite Wheel should still work even if it was no longer tested with the very latest driver since the wheel has been discontinued since quite a long time. On the other hand your CSP V3 will not need/benefit from the driver so you could also continue using the latest official driver for the CSR Elite Wheel.

All the best!
  • Hi,
    I've got WIN10, CSL PS4 Lisenced base with connected CSL pedals and the Formula black rim. Driver version 289 BETA, Firmware version 297.

I'm having problems with it on pCARS. It's not recognised in the game in PC mode (red LED) and I'm having problems with the CSW 2,5 mode (purple LED). I press the "Mode" button and it turns purple for about one second before going back to red without me doing anything.
    This seems to happen on individual USB slots. I have 4 slots on the front of my desktop. It started on one and I fixed the problem by chaning USB slot.

I tried using Wheelcheck 1,72 with the wheel but there was resistance in the wheel which didn't work properly with the test and everything was wrong. I uninstalled the drivers and reinstalled them to try and fix it.
    The resistance was gone and the test worked properly, but then I couldn't use the CSW 2,5 mode anymore on that USB and I had to change to another one.

I've tried to find what the problems are with restatring the wheel multiple times and changing settings, but what I've ended up with is that now no USB port works with CSW 2,5 mode and since pCARS doesn't recognise the wheel in PC mode, now I can't even use the wheel on pCARS...

I have no idea what has caused this issue, but it's quite clear. The CSW 2,5 mode doesn't start working after restarting either the computer, wheel or reinstalling the software.
    I will try out older software to see if it helps. Just wanted to mention my problems first. Hope there's an update for this in the near future aswell for getting this new PS4 wheel compatible with Fanaleds, not needing the CSW 2,5 mode which I can't use either anymore because of these problems.

Hope I there's something in here that could help you identify the problem.

Best regards

Asle
  • edited June 2017
    Hi,
    I've got WIN10, CSL PS4 Lisenced base with connected CSL pedals and the Formula black rim. Driver version 289 BETA, Firmware version 297.

I'm having problems with it on pCARS. It's not recognised in the game in PC mode (red LED) and I'm having problems with the CSW 2,5 mode (purple LED). I press the "Mode" button and it turns purple for about one second before going back to red without me doing anything.
    This seems to happen on individual USB slots. I have 4 slots on the front of my desktop. It started on one and I fixed the problem by chaning USB slot.

I tried using Wheelcheck 1,72 with the wheel but there was resistance in the wheel which didn't work properly with the test and everything was wrong. I uninstalled the drivers and reinstalled them to try and fix it.
    The resistance was gone and the test worked properly, but then I couldn't use the CSW 2,5 mode anymore on that USB and I had to change to another one.

I've tried to find what the problems are with restatring the wheel multiple times and changing settings, but what I've ended up with is that now no USB port works with CSW 2,5 mode and since pCARS doesn't recognise the wheel in PC mode, now I can't even use the wheel on pCARS...

I have no idea what has caused this issue, but it's quite clear. The CSW 2,5 mode doesn't start working after restarting either the computer, wheel or reinstalling the software.
    I will try out older software to see if it helps. Just wanted to mention my problems first. Hope there's an update for this in the near future aswell for getting this new PS4 wheel compatible with Fanaleds, not needing the CSW 2,5 mode which I can't use either anymore because of these problems.

Hope I there's something in here that could help you identify the problem.

Best regards

Asle
    For pCARS see Armins comment below.

The purple LED (CSW v2 - NOT v2.5 - compatibility mode) is designed ONLY for the PS4 as this is a PS4 base.
    On the PC you need to set the wheel into PC mode.

I'm having problems with it on pCARS. It's not recognised in the game in PC mode (red LED) and I'm having problems with the CSW 2,5 mode (purple LED).
    Hi Asle,

I am totally sure that the wheel works fine in PC mode but the game has no preset for the wheel. So you have to use a different preset (CSW for example) or you just map it manually. The SDK is NOT needed to support the wheel in general. It is only needed for advanced features like LEDs etc.
    Btw. it is nothing exceptional that a game does not have presets for every wheel on the market ;-) It has always been like that since game developers do not have so much time to implement all hardware, especially years after the release. But mapping it manually is pretty common and you can do it within 1-2 minutes:

All the best!
  • ah okay, even better :D Didnt had a chance to test pCARS actually, more testing pCARS 2 actually.. ^^
    But with a different preset you should be fine :)
  • Yes, I managed to find out that I had to map all the buttons again. I had done it before in PC mode and thought it was ok... but I forgot it's pCARS. Things gets lost in there all the time.

I have been using the wheel in CSW 2,5 mode (pruple led) on PC for about a week though. It worked with no issues and then I could use the lights through Fanaleds. Everything worked like it was the v2,5 base on the PC, but now it doesn't anymore.

I'll just have to wait for the games, Fanaleds and Fanatec to update the software and drivers to make it more plug and play. I really want the lights to work. Missed that a lot since my G27. Thrustmaster hasn't got that. Was looking forward to get it back and it works great, when it does!
    @ Asle
    I guess Fanaleds will be updated soon and then most games should support the LEDs etc. of the CSL PS4 Wheel ;-)
  • FYI: v289 Final still says BETA after version in Fanatec Control panel.
  • edited June 2017
    FYI: v289 Final still says BETA after version in Fanatec Control panel.
    Im Ok with that... there may Never Be a Final FW version--> The FW gets Tweeked because New Tec tricks are learned --->Games keep Changing/Getting updated and the FW has to be updated accordingly to Maximize performance---> But in any event the FW keeps getting better and Better---> Dont worry about the Beta Notation---> FW 289 is Very Stable.
  • Rami AholaRami Ahola Member
    edited June 2017
    Somehow I feel like that with CSW vv2 there's maybe some differencences in ffb*  on XOne(AC, Dirt etc) which I perhaps don't like.
    *somehow worse centre, like more lag etc

Maybe stupid question, how to flash older fw(204 in my case) back, just install older driver and flash with that?
  • Hello
    I need some help. I recently bought the CSW 2.5 + the P 1 rim. Everything works fine, except i can't activate the "Mouse emulation" in the Fanatec software. It says "Not applicable".
    I'm on Win 7 64 bit, latest driver and firmware for the base. Driver version: 289 FW version: 298
    I already disabled the software for my mouse wich is a Razer Hex Naga.
    Any ideas?

Kind regards
  • edited June 2017
    Hello
    I need some help. I recently bought the CSW 2.5 + the P 1 rim. Everything works fine, except i can't activate the "Mouse emulation" in the Fanatec software. It says "Not applicable".
    I'm on Win 7 64 bit, latest driver and firmware for the base. Driver version: 289 FW version: 298
    Any ideas?

Kind regards
    The P1 rim does not have the analog joystick but only a 5-way-Encoder "D-Pad".
    As you need an analog joystick of the CSW rims in order to emulate the mouse, this function is not available for the P1.

• Hello
    Any ideas?

Kind regards
    The P1 rim does not have the analog joystick but only a 5-way-Encoder "D-Pad".
    As you need an analog joystick of the CSW rims in order to emulate the mouse, this function is not available for the P1.
    Thx
  • Ivo KoimecsIvo Koimecs Member
    edited June 2017
    CSL E PS4: On every Windows start I'm getting notification that I need restart after virtual mouse driver installation. Notification bar is full of these messages, have to clear them from time to time. Need to be fixed!
    edited June 2017
    CSL E PS4: The fan unnecessarily runs at full speed, blowing out cold air, even on medium (55%) FF. I'm pretending that this is the simulation of a wind at high speed ... :) Need to be fixed, seriously!
  • Karl PetersenKarl Petersen Member
    edited June 2017
    289 driver working nice here with CSL PS4 apart from one thing, I have clubsport v3 pedals and v1 handbrake plugged into the wheel and in the Fanatec driver the Min/Max settings don't hold.  The v1 clubsport handbrake has really low resolution and often doesn't return all the way (when I let go of the handbrake it often stays 5-10% engaged) so I wanted to add some deadzone to it.  This worked well before I got the CSL PS4 when I just had it plugged into the pedals on a USB connection (with G27), but now I have the CSL PS4 and with these peripherals plugged into the CSL base and v289 I can click the Min button with the handbrake held half way but no change in Min setting.
  • And it happened again after many many many many correct starts that my v2.5 booted and seems to think it is a CSW v2 base. Drift settings only from OFF to +5 without the negative values, just like the v2. Also range for SPR, DPR and FOR are going up to 150, but in the v2.5 this range is normally only limited to 120.
    I think the driver sometimes doesnt recognize the EBLDC correct and therefore boots the v2.5 into a v2..

Luckily you easily feel the difference when you normally run the v2.5 with a drift setting -1 because in this boot error case the base is in drift mode off which basically would be -5 in the v2.5 so you directly feel that the wheel is totally dampened so you know that you have to re-boot the base to get the v2.5 mode back.
  • The 2.5 base detected as 2.0 appened to me from time to time too.
    I now use the base on a usb3 hub (externaly powered) and no more bug since then, i think my motherboard usb in not 100% stable and made this issue....
  • I changed back to d261/fw204 for my V2 and it seems that I was right what I said about ffb feel in XOne, Dirt and AC. With fw299 there is more steering lag and clearly degree or two deadzone in center. With fw204 center is tighter and there's less lag. So, its 204 for me, especially when report about Cronusmax's PS4-adapter say that Cm doesn't work with fw299(Sony has ordered Fanatec to do that?)
  • And it happened again after many many many many correct starts that my v2.5 booted and seems to think it is a CSW v2 base. Drift settings only from OFF to +5 without the negative values, just like the v2. Also range for SPR, DPR and FOR are going up to 150, but in the v2.5 this range is normally only limited to 120.
    I think the driver sometimes doesnt recognize the EBLDC correct and therefore boots the v2.5 into a v2..

Luckily you easily feel the difference when you normally run the v2.5 with a drift setting -1 because in this boot error case the base is in drift mode off which basically would be -5 in the v2.5 so you directly feel that the wheel is totally dampened so you know that you have to re-boot the base to get the v2.5 mode back.
    Your post reminded me, my CSL PS4 one time wouldn't allow negative Drift settings either, seemed to come good after a reboot.  

There was also one occasion playing dirt 4 that the wheel base would have a very small amount of rumble in it even in menus, not so much that the wheel was moving, but I could just feel a slight rumble there.  Again went away after a reboot.  Win 10 creators update is OS being used.
  • This May Help---> With all the updates to Windows and Steam what i Do when Games Start Crashing alot or wheel seems to act Strange ---> Go to Main HD thats Operating system is on and select properties --> select Maintenence--> Defrag and Run it...when its finished---> Then Select the Check/Scan Disk for Errors ---> This usually gets everything back to Straight..... I Noticed Steam was Crashing alot... I performed to proceedures i noted above and sure Enough the Check/Scan Disk for Errors came back that ghere were Errors that Needed ti be fixed---> The PC seemed as if it was Running Fine even with the Errors but Now Errors are Fixed i Notice Better Smoother performance and Less Random Game Crashing with R3E and Wheel also Feels Better Dialed in.
  • edited July 2017
    I got a Problem with the driver itself. In the "Main Menu" it shows the Universal Hub. I didn't even own one. I have the CSW V2 Base with the Formula Rim on it.

Here is a picture of it.

http://abload.de/image.php?img=fanatecproblemvwuv2.jpg

edited July 2017
    This May Help---> With all the updates to Windows and Steam what i Do when Games Start Crashing alot or wheel seems to act Strange ---> Go to Main HD thats Operating system is on and select properties --> select Maintenence--> Defrag and Run it...when its finished---> Then Select the Check/Scan Disk for Errors ---> This usually gets everything back to Straight..... I Noticed Steam was Crashing alot... I performed to proceedures i noted above and sure Enough the Check/Scan Disk for Errors came back that ghere were Errors that Needed ti be fixed---> The PC seemed as if it was Running Fine even with the Errors but Now Errors are Fixed i Notice Better Smoother performance and Less Random Game Crashing with R3E and Wheel also Feels Better Dialed in.
    How it is related to this topic?! You have to replace your HDD, looks like it's already dead. Or try to shutdown your PC properly, instead of pulling out the power cable ;)
  • Ivo Koimecs said: Don't give stupid advices! How it is related to this topic?! 
    No need to get rude when you think a posting is inappropriate or off-topic. 
  • This May Help---> With all the updates to Windows and Steam what i Do when Games Start Crashing alot or wheel seems to act Strange ---> Go to Main HD thats Operating system is on and select properties --> select Maintenence--> Defrag and Run it...when its finished---> Then Select the Check/Scan Disk for Errors ---> This usually gets everything back to Straight..... I Noticed Steam was Crashing alot... I performed to proceedures i noted above and sure Enough the Check/Scan Disk for Errors came back that ghere were Errors that Needed ti be fixed---> The PC seemed as if it was Running Fine even with the Errors but Now Errors are Fixed i Notice Better Smoother performance and Less Random Game Crashing with R3E and Wheel also Feels Better Dialed in.
    thanks but that has nothing to do with the issue that the CSW v2.5 is sometimes beeing recognized as CSW v2 with Drift mode only going from OFF to +5 and FOR, SPR and DPR going up to 150 instead of the 120 maximum of the v2.5.
    I dont have Game crashes or whatsoever, just that the v2.5 is probably booting 1 from 200 times as a v2, no CHKDSK can help with that.
    But anyway, thanks for any trying to help in this case but I think this is more driver or firmware related and not PC/windows related ;-)
  • edited July 2017
    Ivo Koimecs said: Don't give stupid advices! How it is related to this topic?! 
    No need to get rude when you think a posting is inappropriate or off-topic. 
    With all the windows updates do you really think all the Software/Programs just settle in their proper places??? No they dont thats why you Need to Defrag to consolidate all the programs back together as they are supposed to be---> Often you end up with broken/Fragmented programs 1 part here the other part some where else---> Yes your PC indexes and keeps track of where stuff is but when you have Many programs that work together and 1 is fragmented your pc will Not Load it up properly--> Wheel DR,Game software can and will Cause issues when programs are Fragmented the programs have to respond instantly with the Correct Data within mili seconds so when things are fragmented you get Errors---> Very simple this is what Proper PC Maintenance has to do with it In any event My V2 and V2.5 Im Not Having these issues that you are also Havent Noticed many that are having your same issue either so perhaps somethings odd with your PC---> Sooo yeah just Giving you a Glimps into what i do to keep My PC tuned up to help promote the PC and wheel Running in Sync with everything.... Shrugggs BTW I have a SSD drive So i think im good---> PC and Rig specs---> OS: Win 10 64bit| Mobo: MSI Z170A M5 | CPU: i5-6600k 3.5GHz | Cooler: Corsair H90 | RAM: 32GB DDR4-3000 | GPU: GTX 1070 FTW-SLI | PSU: CX 750M | Storage: Samsung SSD 250GB +4TB HD +1TB Recovery HD | PC Case: Corsair 760T |Display: Samsung UHD 48in Curved TV / VR: Oculus Rift |Rig: RSeat RS1, CSW v2.5, CSP v3i , CSS SQ, CS HB, Porsche 918, Formula Black F1, XB1 Hub/Forza Rim
This discussion has been closed.