Actual shipping date:
    Regards Ad from the Netehrlands

• Hi Willy Wels
    Your not alone
    Date Added: 25/11/2017
    Products: 1
    Actual shipping date:

Hi Ad, can't say I'm happy for that, but at least I feel less alone...  ;)
  • edited April 2018
    Hi Willy Wels
    Your not alone
    Date Added: 25/11/2017
    Products: 1
    Actual shipping date:

I have recieved my wheel a few days ago but in my order page it's still on processing so you don't have to look @ that.
    You will get email from Fanatec with a commercial invoice and later on UPS the moment it starts shipping.

• @ Willy Wels, did you contact FANATEC directly through support? I hope they can help you directly to get your preorder soon. Good luck.

Not yet, I did not want to rush anyone... but it's itching now...
  • @Willy: We call Belgium our southern friends. Can you imagine I even work in Belgium. I also hope with you that you get this wheel asap
    Thanks. 
    Must be something about Belgium...my neighbour is Dutch... 
    :)
  • I did contact Fanatec through support yesterday.
    No answer yet.
    I'll publish the answer.
  • Ad TiegelaarAd Tiegelaar Member
    edited April 2018
    No answer nor email from Fanatec.
    But 16.35 email from UPS that they deliver 30-04-2018.
    Suprise suprise
  • Jörg ZieglerJörg Ziegler Member
    edited April 2018
    The BEST Video on Youtube so far with the new McLaren Rim.....makes me smile a lot  :)
    After seeing the video I am mad with myself that I did not do the black friday preorder deal, that Quick Release add on makes really sense to buy aswell.

• No answer nor email from Fanatec.
    But 16.35 email from UPS that they deliver 30-04-2018.
    Suprise suprise
    I did not contact them yet, but I just received UPS mail: delivery tomorrow 27/04 !   :)
  • You win Willy :D
    Have fun!!!
  • Any update on the wide spread of shipping times is also appreciated. Some have received it a few days ago, while others haven't even received a shipping notice. Did everyone who has the wheel already or who has received a shipping notice o my order the wheel seperately? I ordered mine together with other stuff that has been delivered some time ago.
    I ordered mine with a v3 inverted on the Black Friday sale. Got my shipping notice on Monday night US time. Should arrive next Monday.
  • Did anyone other from here get a e-mail from fanatec like this? It says that tey have sent defective mclaren gt 3 steering wheels to the pre order customers. Is this possible? Sehr geehrter Kunde, leider müssen wir Sie informieren, dass wir Ihnen versehentlich eines der wenigen CSL Elite McLaren Wheels gesendet haben, die technische Fehler aufweisen. Ihnen ist vielleicht ebenfalls aufgefallen, dass die austauschbaren Button Caps fehlen. Im Anhang finden Sie ein UPS-Retourenlabel und wir möchten Sie höflichst bitten das Lenkrad zurückzuschicken. Wir werden umgehend ein neues Lenkrad an Sie versenden und Sie bekommen dann eine Email von UPS mit der Sendungsnummer. Bitte schicken Sie den Quick Release Adapter nicht zurück. Wir möchten uns aufrichtig für den Lieferfehler und die entstandenen Unannehmlichkeiten entschuldigen. Vielen Dank für Ihr Verständnis und Ihre Kooperation. Mit freundlichen Grüßen / Best regards, Sales Management Endor AG Seligenthaler Straße 16 a, D - 84034 Landshut Telefon +49 (871) 9221-122 - Telefax +49 (871) 9221-221 Internet: www.ENDOR.ag www.FANATEC.com - E-Mail: [email protected] Sitz der Gesellschaft Landshut - Handelsregister Landshut HRB 5487 Vorstand: Thomas Jackermeier (Vorsitzender), András Semsey Vorsitzender des Aufsichtsrats: Andreas Potthoff
  • @Philipp, no I haven't received any such email - it is surprising there is no announcement made here if they accidently sent out prototype
    GT3 wheels. My wheel was dispatched last Monday and came today (Ireland) after a long long wait. Much kudos to Fanatec for including the quick release adapter by way of compensation. I already have the Porsche wheel and the F1 wheel, so it was interesting
    to see how the GT3 wheel compared. Initially I didn't understand how the new wheel was cheaper than the F1 rim, but now I see when you add the quick release adapter it brings the price up to 280. Opening the box, there is no cloth bag as before (perhaps a little cost cutting going on?), otherwise a nice unboxing as usual. The wheel itself is slightly bigger than the F1 wheel and has a really nice rubberised finish where you grip it - much better wearing I would say than the alacantra finish on the F1 rim. The gear change is a little weird at first as there it is simply one long metal strip that pivots on a point when you shift up or down rather than two discrete shifters, but you get used to it. The OLED screen is great, if a little laggy when showing speed info. Looking forward to trying out all the functions over the next few days. It would be nice if Fanatec gave the option of buying this wheel with the QR system fitted as I cannot see myself ever using the other attachment that came with it.

• I also would like to know how to map the 12 position rotary switches, I hope that Sim Racing Girl can bring up more detailed videos how to work best with the wheel and how to map everything. Thanks.
    I have No Idea If or How those 12 way knobs can be used... I don't think they will work with Pcars2, Assetto Corsa--> the Manual says that games have to be optimized to use them so the Best hope would be iracing or Race Room getting updated to make them work.... I set Mine to the 11 switch position with 1 being Off.... I think thats best for Now... I doubt that Pcars2/ Asetto Corsa will be optimized to use those switches also Playing in VR it would be almost impossible to use them any way.... But the Mapable Dual Clutch paddles are Very useful EX: Pcars2 I mapped 1 to Head Lights On/Off and the other to Windshield wiper im going to switch it to Pit Speed limiter so Now when playing in VR No more fussing feeling around for Buttons.
  • Joseph GossenJoseph Gossen Member, Moderator

I also would like to know how to map the 12 position rotary switches, I hope that Sim Racing Girl can bring up more detailed videos how to work best with the wheel and how to map everything. Thanks.
    I have No Idea If or How those 12 way knobs can be used... I don't think they will work with Pcars2, Assetto Corsa--> the Manual says that games have to be optimized to use them so the Best hope would be iracing or Race Room getting updated to make them work.... I set Mine to the 11 switch position with 1 being Off.... I think thats best for Now... I doubt that Pcars2/ Asetto Corsa will be optimized to use those switches also Playing in VR it would be almost impossible to use them any way.... But the Mapable Dual Clutch paddles are Very useful EX: Pcars2 I mapped 1 to Head Lights On/Off and the other to Windshield wiper im going to switch it to Pit Speed limiter so Now when playing in VR No more fussing feeling around for Buttons.
    I wonder since you can map button box inputs for PCars2. There's got to be some use for it. 
  • The BEST Video on Youtube so far with the new McLaren Rim.....makes me smile a lot  :)
    After seeing the video I am mad with myself that I did not do the black friday preorder deal, that Quick Release add on makes really sense to buy aswell.

Awesome video! Props to the producer of this vid. Very creative!
  • Joseph GossenJoseph Gossen Member, Moderator
    Agree awesome video!
  • The BEST Video on Youtube so far with the new McLaren Rim.....makes me smile a lot  :)

This is awesome!  I have no experience in VR let alone mixed reality, but that is cool.  
  • Anyone else having issues with the paddle clutch on the McLaren wheel? Seems mine looses calibration and just randomly stops working for some reason.
  • bonjours a tous j, ai bien recu mon volant mklaren  moi la 6iem vitesse affiche le N au lieu de 6
  • Patrick GriesPatrick Gries Member
    edited April 2018

Did anyone other from here get a e-mail from fanatec like this? It says that tey have sent defective mclaren gt 3 steering wheels to the pre order customers. Is this possible? 
    I have this one too and contacted the customer service. They said they'll ship a new one out today and I can send back the "old" one when I received the replacement.
    That's what I call a good service. I already feared I'd have to wait until they got the old wheel until I get a new one, but this way, I'm happy. :D
    And to be honest - so far I didn't notice anything faulty, broken or not working.
  • edited April 2018
    Have any of you guys found any noticeable defects on the wheels that are being recalled?

• I also would like to know how to map the 12 position rotary switches, I hope that Sim Racing Girl can bring up more detailed videos how to work best with the wheel and how to map everything. Thanks.
    I wonder since you can map button box inputs for PCars2. There's got to be some use for it. 
    I can't get those capable oaddeks to do anything. Encoders do nothing. Ked speed gear nothing handbrake mode doesn't work. Pretty disappointed
  • Have any of you guys found any noticeable defects on the wheels that are being recalled?
    They called mine back before I could even try it. At least the replacement button caps were missing in the box, so I sent it back today without thinking too much about it. I have other rims, so no real problem.
    Have fun!!!
    Not really... 
    Just got a mail from UPS that my packages arrived in Tilburg (NL) this morning and that the planned delivery is postponed to monday 30/04...
    :-<
    Have fun!!!
    Not really... 
    Just got a mail from UPS that my packages arrived in Tilburg (NL) this morning and that the planned delivery is postponed to monday 30/04...
    :-<
    He my home town TIlburg :)  That means your package is just about 1.2 kilometers seperated from my house. Big DC is my backyard.

Probably delayed because of 'Konigsdag'. Our King celebrates his birthday (which is not today....). Most of the Netherlands has a day off. I think that's the reason for delay. 
  • edited April 2018
    I understand. But I'm not from down under (unless you Belgium as down under compared to Holland). 
    Reading about Benelux simracers having received their wheels while I haven't had any message yet is also a bit frustrating. I did pre-order months ago...
    Whahaha, yep Belgium is Down Under if you live in Holland. Glad however that your wheel is on it’s way.
  • Hallo zusammen,

leider ist unserem Lager beim Versand des McLaren GT3 ein Fehler unterlaufen und es wurden versehentlich an vereinzelte Kunden Vorserienmodelle verschickt, die nicht für den Verkauf bestimmt waren.
    Dies betrifft ausschließlich McLaren GT3 Rims mit der Seriennummer „QM028…“
    Die Lenkräder haben keine technischen Fehler, könnten aber Fehler aufweisen, aus diesem Grund tauschen wir sie vorsorglich aus.

Die betroffenen Kunden wurden von uns bereits angeschrieben und es wurden Retourenlabels zur Verfügung gestellt. Das korrekte Serienmodell wird heute an alle betroffenen Kunden versendet. Falls ein Besitzer eines McLaren GT3 mit einer Seriennummer beginnend mit „QM028…“ keine Benachrichtigung mit Retourenlabel erhalten haben sollte und diese auch nicht in dem Spam oder Junk Mail Ordner im E-Mail Account zu finden sein sollte, bitten wir die Betroffenen, sich bei unserem Fanatec Support zu melden.

Wir entschuldigen uns für die Unannehmlichkeiten. 

Hello all,
    Unfortunately our warehouse made a mistake by shipping units to customers and a few customers unfortunately have received a pre-production unit which was not meant to be sold.
    Only McLaren GT3 Rims with a serial number starting with “QM028…” are affected.
    These units do not have a technical fault but they may show issues and this is the reason why we replace them as a precaution.

We already have contacted the customers which have received these units. These customers also have received a prepaid shipping label to send the unit back to us and today we will ship the correct production model to the affected customers in advance. In case an owner of a McLaren GT3 with a serial number starting with “QM028…” did not receive this e-mail with the shipping label included and if this E-Mail also cannot be found in the spam or junk mail folder of the e-mail account, please contact Fanatec support.

We apologise for any inconvenience caused.
  • While I was informed the delivery was postponed until monday 30th, UPS just delivered a package holding the wheel.
    Replacement buttons included and serial number starting with QM 048....  :)

So probably only the second package (the CSW QR) made it to Tilburg and 'Kings Day' interferes with prompt delivery...
    At least I hope that's what is happening.
    Not going to test it until I get the QR though.

• I also received that email, i tried the wheel and saw no fault , the buttons where indeed missing, then there was a issue with the label but i alreayd have the label to return the wheel... but since today is friday and i already spent 10 euros arguing with UPS yesterday i will wait for the new unit to send mine back. Especially since tuesday is a holiday here in portugal..... so at best ill see a new wheel wednesday or thursday .....

got the wheel at 12:06 yesterday at work came after lunch and had the email....grrrrrr