Advent Calendar 2018

Comments

• Oval Wheel for U.S.
  • Haven't seen any button in any product for US
  • Anton K said:
    Haven't seen any button in any product for US
    I've guessed the product correctly before and yet still never saw the button. It's always the "sorry" message.
  • Just the oval wheel or the wheel with the hub? Cuz I clicked on that and the drift rim because that's all I want and I didn't see any code
  • please tell me day1 and day2 product for JP?
  • Josh OskamJosh Oskam Member
    edited December 2018
    Can anyone tell me what the freebie was in Australia today (Friday)?   :-$
  • Brad Coe said:
    For all of you people giving out the list of what has gone so far, you do realise you are making it even harder for yourself to win, right? :-)

As time goes by the focus will be on a smaller and smaller number of items assuming they don't do any products twice, which means you will have a LOT more people looking at a smaller number of product pages.

Keep the list quiet and help reward those that go searching for the product every night and record the list themselves :-)

I don't think not posting the list would make any difference :)

Good luck though!
    Martin

• Anyone posted that they have won an item yet? 
  • CSL Elite McLaren GT3 CSQR EU

• GT3 rim gone

• Service Unavailable

The server is temporarily unable to service your request due to maintenance downtime or capacity problems. Please try again later.

Thanks for nothing....

Today: CSL Elite McLaren GT3 CSQR EU

• edited December 2018
    I got to the page at 19:00:25 EU and it was gone. :!!
    I cannot believe that actual humans are clicking these buttons
    Why do these aliens need Fanatec products anyways? =((
  • Today I got the following error:

• I give up.
    The servers are always overloaded. And the soonest they are not the codes have already been used. This has happened twice to me already, twice at 19:02

I suppose some clever people are running bots and yield to their programming powers.

As I said, I give up trying to play this game.
  • Hello guys.

Another day in the "office" another lucky less day 

Congratulations for the Steering wheel GT3  winner. Tomorrow another challenge, another day for search the ocult item again.

See you next day!!! 
  • I got to the page at 19:00:25 EU and it was gone. :!!
    I cannot believe that actual humans are clicking these buttons
    Why do these alien need Fanatec products anyways? =((
    To sell them on eBay, I'd say.
  • imo, the only explanation, the person knows the correct product, maybe a hint from website admin....

Anyway, you cant realise a lottery like this, with this bad server performance...

Let everyone register, and use dice to pick out a winner. So we all have a chance 1:50.000, and not the message 505...
  • said:

imo, the only explanation, the person knows the correct product, maybe a hint from website admin....

Anyway, you cant realise a lottery like this, with this bad server performance...

Let everyone register, and use dice to pick out a winner. So we all have a chance 1:50.000, and not the message 505...
    I'm no programmer but I guess that it's very easy to write a script or something that searches for changes in the item description and either alert the owner or even automatically buys it for you.

And even if that's not the case this give away was stilled doomed from the very beginning. They don't seem to understand how many people want to get free stuff. Not good for servers...

With that being said I strongly believe that, from Fanatecs point of view, it's still a success. I bet there's a ton of people who knows more about the brand now then before and some will surely buy a ton of stuff.
  • A bot / script doesn't really help that much in this case as it will face the same issue as normal users do - an overloaded / unreachable server. Even when somebody is aware which item will have the button on it (or a script is searching for it after 19:00:00) the bot/script needs to be very lucky to get through to the webserver. Very likely it will already fail here as the search won't work properly in time due to not accessible product pages. The time a script takes to search for the item (script needs to download the product pages first in order to search them for the code) is already too long as other regular users will be already on that page and see the button. With the amount of people hitting the refresh button at 19:00:00 and/or a few seconds before/after that it's in the end simply a question of luck to be one of those people whose http request gets through cloudfare and actually reaches the server. Cloudfare is also protecting the actual webserver (in Germany) from too much traffic so a lot of requests won't even reach the fanatec server. Your chances increase slightly if you are living in Germany closer to the webserver so you have less hops to the server. But not even that helps that much as the underlying "issue" is the fanatec webserver which simply can't handle the load at 19:00:00. 

I already sent Thomas a proposal for a better system next year (which literally removes the need for page refresh's around Europe that leads to an overloaded server) in case they aren't fed up with some ungrateful shits who complain that the webserver is not working at 19:00 :). Keep in mind they are giving away stuff for free and if you haven't paid for something you shouldn't even dare to complain something doesn't work.

Bottom line, don't even waste your time to create a bot/script and good luck to all of us being one day lucky before it's all over on the 25th.
  • edited December 2018
    I really wanted that wheel! That was the product I've been watching for I while now. Big congratulations to the winner. Ps. If you have a 10% over I'm interested. ???? :D
  • edited December 2018

Anyone posted that they have won an item yet? 
    I don't believe so,which seems a little odd.
    I would have thought we would have heard from one winner at least and the possibility of them providing the 10% vouchers(something i'd do if i were to win).

This all plays into the bot/script theories...........:)
  • Maik RoginMaik Rogin Member
    edited December 2018
    And even if someone has received the code, he could not complete the purchase due to the DDoS of the many other customers! Maybe a clever idea from Fanatec this year. I'm really excited to see if there have been any winners so far or if it has always been the same.
  • Just the oval wheel or the wheel with the hub? Cuz I clicked on that and the drift rim because that's all I want and I didn't see any code

Wheel and hub
  • anyone willing to share 10% discount code,msg me pleaseeeee
  • ClubSport Steering Wheel GT

gone

• Does anyone else get error codes when they refresh at 19:00? If so does anyone know how to avoid the error codes? Thanks

• Jeff Page said:
    Does anyone else get error codes when they refresh at 19:00? If so does anyone know how to avoid the error codes? Thanks
    Every time error 503.

• Robert LesRobert Les Member
    edited December 2018
    ClubSport Steering Wheel F1 Esports for AU today... Congrats to whomever won! That being said, I'm on 25 MBit and refreshed that page in less than half a second and it already came up with "daily code has been used already" I'm quite certain people are using bots/scripts for this because it's not possible to refresh it and click on the button in let's say 1/10 s... Or is it? :) Suggestion for Fanatec, maybe add reCAPTCHA pop up to verify the winner is not a robot. It would only mean we would have to click twice instead of once..
    Here is the chart of previous giveaways:
    US EU AU
    1/12/18   P1 CSL Elite wheel   CSL Elite Pedals   ClubSport Steering Wheel Drift
    2/12/18   CSL Elite PS4 wheel base   Clubsport Handbrake   CSL Elite wheel base
    3/12/18   CSL Elite Pedals   CSL Elite wheel base   ClubSport Steering Wheel Flat 1
    4/12/18   CSL Elite Steering Wheel P1   Clubsport BMW M3 GT2   ClubSport Shifter
    5/12/18   F1 esports wheel   Clubsport GT Wheel   CSL Elite Racing Wheel for XB1/PC
    6/12/18   Oval Wheel   Clubsport Pedals V3   Clubsport BMW M3 GT2
    7/12/18   Clubsport GT Wheel   CSL Elite McLaren GT3 CSQR   Clubsport Pedals V3
    8/12/18           F1 esports wheel
  • I'm on 25 MBit and refreshed that page in less than half a second and it already came up with "daily code has been used already"
    ... and you're not helping by providing lists like that either 
  • Keep up the refreshing of the lists please !!!!