Advent Calendar 2018

Comments

• Keep up the refreshing of the lists please !!!!

Good luck trying to win towards the end then when EVERYONE knows whats coming next
  • Captcha would indeed help fight bots. While they would still spam server with requests, at least they wouldn't work. With captcha introducing another delay between clicks, it would even better randomize moment the server response is successful. Make no mistake, in these server response errors lies fairness of this giveaway. And connection speed of user has NOTHING to do with it. You can be on 56kbps modem and still win. You just need to time your request and pray for luck :)
  • ClubSport Steering Wheel F1 Esports for AU today... Congrats to whomever won! That being said, I'm on 25 MBit and refreshed that page in less than half a second and it already came up with "daily code has been used already" I'm quite certain people are using bots/scripts for this because it's not possible to refresh it and click on the button in let's say 1/10 s... Or is it? :) Suggestion for Fanatec, maybe add reCAPTCHA pop up to verify the winner is not a robot. It would only mean we would have to click twice instead of once..
    Here is the chart of previous giveaways:
    US EU AU
    1/12/18   P1 CSL Elite wheel   CSL Elite Pedals   ClubSport Steering Wheel Drift
    2/12/18   CSL Elite PS4 wheel base   Clubsport Handbrake   CSL Elite wheel base
    3/12/18   CSL Elite Pedals   CSL Elite wheel base   ClubSport Steering Wheel Flat 1
    4/12/18   CSL Elite Steering Wheel P1   Clubsport BMW M3 GT2   ClubSport Shifter
    5/12/18   F1 esports wheel   Clubsport GT Wheel   CSL Elite Racing Wheel for XB1/PC
    6/12/18   Oval Wheel   Clubsport Pedals V3   Clubsport BMW M3 GT2
    7/12/18   Clubsport GT Wheel   CSL Elite McLaren GT3 CSQR   Clubsport Pedals V3
    8/12/18           F1 esports wheel
    Unless your intent is to lose, you are just disrupting your chances to win anything by giving out lists like this...
  • It really doesn't matter to me about winning, when the webpage takes 45 seconds to load up after the discount comes out...... Rather increase my 1 in a billion chances a little
  • Come on people, don't be paranoid. This list is not top secret CIA stuff. Everybody can make it in 5 min if they just read last 5 pages... And it's not giving anything away. Jesus... 
  • CSW v2.5 for EU. Was gone within less 40sec...
  • It took me 3 minutes to update the page. I had a ClubSport Wheel Base V2.5 in the basket, but there was no chance of getting it. I'm disappointed. :-(
  • Today was even worse than yesterday, I pressed refresh 10 s before 19:00 and got the sorry message at 19:01:20 and between only service unavailable ... so no luck today.
    Even now 15 minutes later the forum is ... you know ... service unavailable
  • 2:49 to load the page up for me, and I was on the clubsport base page !
    Oh well..... VPN doesn't work either

• How many of you clicked on "GET 100% discount" and then receive a message:"Code has already been used". Just for info?
    Five, ten, houndred, thousands,...

Today at 19.00.05 was already gone.... I clicked on get 100% discount.... waited and received a message:" Code already used".
  • would have been nice if they fixed the voucher issue while they updated the site
  • edited December 2018
    Someone have a discount for me?
  • 10% discount codes for the CSW 2.5 Base EU: n0fgti, ainw3r, 0baat8, 7261ow, ajqj69, pfkpma, 2miauh
  • can someone say where is the button with that 100% discount, cuz i dont find it! or where is should appear? thank you
  • 10% discount codes for the CSW 2.5 Base EU: n0fgti, ainw3r, 0baat8, 7261ow, ajqj69, pfkpma, 2miauh

Awesome, thank you very much, and congrats for your base ;)
    I have used the last code successfully, 55€ off
  • if anyone wins the 918 rsr porsche wheel i would ask that they give me one of the 10% coupons. 
  • I need one for the ps4 podium or the v3 pedal i was thinking that one code was good for all the product...i'm wrong?
    Thanks a lot Patrick!
  • Could lucky winner share 10% discount codes for cs handbrake?
  • Brad CoeBrad Coe Member
    edited December 2018
    It really doesn't matter to me about winning, when the webpage takes 45 seconds to load up after the discount comes out...... Rather increase my 1 in a billion chances a little
    If it takes you 45 seconds to load the page you might as well give up now. Every auction has gone in less than 5 seconds so far.

You are not increasing your chances of 1 in a billion, you are actually reducing your chances by everyone having the list (see below).....

Come on people, don't be paranoid. This list is not top secret CIA stuff. Everybody can make it in 5 min if they just read last 5 pages... And it's not giving anything away. Jesus... 
    Everybody can make the list in 5 mins because people like you keep giving the list out or saying what the daily item was. I'll explain a concept that you (and some others) may not understand.... Let's say for example that 10000 people are competing to win a product on the site. Keep in mind that every auction is being won in less than 5 seconds, so if you are not on the correct page to begin with you have no chance. At the start, with people not knowing what product is likely to be coming next, those 10000 will be split among potentially 24 different products, which if equal (which it won't be as some products are more popular than others) is around 416 people on average competing for each daily product. As more and more daily deals are given away the focus changes to a smaller number of items. If everyone knows what products have already been taken, at the half way mark these 10000 people will be split among 12 products, leaving an average of 833 people trying to win each remaining product. If everyone knows the list of what has gone previously, on the last day you will have all 10000 people trying to win the same product. Mix this in with the server failures people are getting and you can see how low your chances are getting. They'll also likely save the best giveaways until the end.

It's simple mathematics...

Help in potentially rewarding the people that take the time to go searching for the product every night and keep a list themselves.

I'm assuming here that Fanatec are not going to give away a product more than once, which is likely, but we don't know for certain.

Anyway, do what you need to do. It will be impossible to stop people who don't understand this concept from posting what the item was anyway.

BTW, I know you were only trying to be helpful which I appreciate, but it's actually working the other way around.
  • I had the GT wheel page up last night and received server timeout message at 8pm.  The list posted above hadn't been posted yet, and that helped me how?  People just need to resign themselves that 1) they are lucky to not get a server timeout and be on the right page. 2) they can be lucky to get the active discount button 3) and then lucky enough to press the button and still not get a server timeout after pressing the button.

BTW.  CSL elite wheel Base tonight.
  • Since the website crashes every night @1900 as it is being attacked by bots, will the winner please share the CSL Elite wheelbase 10% off with me?
  • In the US, it was the CSL Elite Base.  Congrats to whomever won it!

CSL Elite Wheel BaseCS

• Simple maths is that it takes me between 1:20 and 2:30 to load a page, there are around  24 different items left, that is around  half an hour to load up those pages...... as that list gets smaller then my page loading time will decrease..... so increasing my chances

Yep.... if you have a lightspeed interenet connection,  your chances will go the other way, I clearly don't  with my 28.8Kb modem, so I am hoping for a server overload to delay the process

• Porsche 918 wheel...just a fraction too late
  • oh what a surprise

SSL handshake failed

Cloudflare is unable to establish an SSL connection to the origin server.

• I've been watching the 918 wheel all week. It finally came up today. I refreshed the page and it loaded at 19.00.05 and the code had already gone. I really don't understand how someone can copy the code, apply it and checkout in 5 seconds. It just doesn't make sense.
  • no chance :( 30s before already errors then 15 secs past 19.00 code gone... thats crazy
  • Jean MarthJean Marth Member
    edited December 2018
    :-) I was refreshing another page So congrats to the winner of the Porsche wheel..
  • There's no code, only a button to click !!! otherwise it would be impossible to order with all the crashes !