Fanatec Driver 222 Beta released (Windows10)

Comments

• Hi Grimey, thanks for dropping in .. put a message of thread on my page ... says he using V223 driver , but when I went to the product page it is not listed for the GT2 ... make a difference?

On another note the person at Fanatec who came up with the button pod idea ... GENIUS !!!  my "A"  button has already lost the positive click sound and that signals impending failure to function , the "B" button can't be far behind , since the brainless at Turn 10 decided that you must depress the "B" button 9 or 10 times to get back to the main menu!!! 

The good new is ... Turn 10 said we don't really need all the RB and LB buttons to work so we have 2 spare pods to use while waiting for replacements. 

Disclaimer: the view expressed in this post in no way reflect the opinion of Fanatec or it's employees regarding the brain power at Turn 10

• 223 Diver and Wheel FW will Never work in the GT2!!!

Swap Button PODs until Fanatec Gets you out a New 1... I was Looking to see if they sell the Button PODs alone...or Maybe even a New Style Button POD planned for the Future... That POD idea Has Huge Potential!!! Did you see the Extra Connections in the Hub especially the Rj11 plug like the one used for the Pedals??? im thinking maybe Bigger LCD mouted between Rim and Hub...Wishfull thinking but the potential for Major Expansion is Huge!!! I think Exciting times are ahead =P~
  • As they say in the Buick commercial "that's what I told him"

Well,, at the moment it's still working so I 'll let it wear out and do a ticket then. Like I said Genius!!   for now they are warranty only I'm sure , but in a year I would figure they would make them available as a spare part.. far less expensive for both Fanatec for the next year and their customers going forward .... not going to venture a guess as to what they would have to charge in the future for a pod , but I'm pretty sure it will be less than the price of a new hub.   So thanks again Thomas

• Having issues with the steering wheel turning off randomly and a really strong electrical smell, anybody have this issue?

Everything has been working fine until just now and it just keeps happening.

Update, now it's completely making weird noises and basically not even working at all, trying to upload a video now.
  • @ Khashy ...........Customer support !!
  • I have to try and stay awake for them to get on, my time zone is jacked up.
  • My gt2 wheel is not recognized by the PC. any thoughts? I have back date driver, uninstalled drivers, switched USB connections.
    As was already asked, did you switch the wheel to PC mode (press and hold the Back button)? It doesn't switch to PC mode automatically.
  • Joseph GossenJoseph Gossen Member, Moderator
    So the Clubsport shifter can only be updated while connected to the wheelbase correct? Assuming that due to its RJ connection.
  • Latest update. I got the notification this morning from Support to send back both the V2 base and the Universal hub for Xbox for repair. I hope this gets it sorted once and for all. That is the second time I have returned the V2 base.

Fingers crossed and waiting, again. But I will remain positive (as possible). 

• 223 Diver and Wheel FW will Never work in the GT2!!!

Swap Button PODs until Fanatec Gets you out a New 1... I was Looking to see if they sell the Button PODs alone...or Maybe even a New Style Button POD planned for the Future... That POD idea Has Huge Potential!!! Did you see the Extra Connections in the Hub especially the Rj11 plug like the one used for the Pedals??? im thinking maybe Bigger LCD mouted between Rim and Hub...Wishfull thinking but the potential for Major Expansion is Huge!!! I think Exciting times are ahead =P~
    I'm still waiting for that fifth optional button box, that is mentioned on the x1 hub product page!!

• Latest update. I got the notification this morning from Support to send back both the V2 base and the Universal hub for Xbox for repair. I hope this gets it sorted once and for all. That is the second time I have returned the V2 base.

Fingers crossed and waiting, again. But I will remain positive (as possible). 

Trevor what happened to your wheel? 

Mines completely shot and they refused to even began to help me out until I give them a serial number (You don't have the info from my purchase and who I am???), their hours of operation are while I'm sleeping....I stayed up until 3am to get help and was basically denied.  This sucks to have spent all this money and got rid of my CSR Elite to deal with all of this nonsense! 
  • joe rugojoe rugo Member
    edited October 2015

@ Khashy, go to the fanatic home page , open your account....click on the "support/FAQ" tab....click on the "SUPPORT" I do have a question". link ... your serial # number may be listed .. if not it is on the bottom of the base [white sticker] ..... check the product and enter the seriel # if not there  ... then click your platform [ xbox-PS4]   at the bottom of the page click the  " my question is still open... tell them your story and submit a video ...     

• Khashy, just go to the home site, sign in, click support tab, fill in your serial nr....follow a few steps...And click my question still wasn't answered.
    Don't make such a big deal out of simply follow some Fanatec rules.
    With ANY OTHER electronic device broken, every firm will need a serial nr!!
  • Khashy, if you want to know the history of my sad saga, go back a couple of pages and look through my posts. Everything is laid out in detail. Along with these guys doing their damnedest to help me. In the end when all else failed, I opened a support ticket. Take Joe and Antoine's advice. The only way you will get any help is to open a ticket. They will acknowledge the request after a few days by email. Then will suggest a few things to try, including sending a short video if you already did not do that when you submitted the ticket.
    Good luck.
  • @ Khashy, you may also want to read the trouble shooting guide in the V2 manual ..page 34

the shut down is planned... the reason why is the unknown.

• LOL I've already done all of that and I know how the process works, more looking to see if anybody has had this same issue and since the forum is not truly "Public" ...I can't just start my own thread and try to get answers or find other people with the same situations or issues.

I notified them I stayed up until 3 am to speak to them and their answer was "not without a serial number"....My base is horrible to uninstall and I'm not pulling out tools at 3am.  It would have been nice if they could have taken the time and go through a few basic things with me first and actually reviewing my videos and specific situation instead of blowing me off and wasting another entire day.  I paid a lot of money to have something elite like this, I would expect the level of customer service to be there when necessary especially to people in the USA that are a major part of the market. Now I have to wait until 3am again tonight to actually speak to somebody, and that's only if the info I provided them off the box is sufficient enough. 
  • The serial is also on the Base box!! And 9 out of 10, you need to uninstall the base anyway to send it for RMA. So....
  • joe rugojoe rugo Member
    edited October 2015

Well. Khashy , the manual says that the wheel will shut down automatically if it over heats, so my best guess ... that is why it is shutting down ... the reason for the overheating condition is the question ... I'm not Fanatec support .. but are the fans working ?  are you using it at maximum FFB and SHO?   If the fans are not working it's mechanical  it will  most likely will need to be sent for repair.  

• Trevor GeddisTrevor Geddis Member
    edited October 2015
    Khashy...Already said here, but there are serial number labels on the bottom of the printed box and on the side of the brown shipping box. 

• The wheel should not shut down after 15min of use
  • Not including this noise
  • One thing mentioned by others here. If the wheel shuts down, it "could" be that it has timed out. Like a hand controller, if you don't press any of the buttons it shuts down. One here suggested at least press one of the look back or left/right buttons every 10 minutes or so to reset the timer. Just trying to help.
    Good luck.

• The smell and noise are not normal...but it's hard to let support smell through a video..lol
  • The wheel is not time sensitive it is temperature sensitive... if your FFB and SHO settings are mild, playing a game like Forza 6 the wheel should stay relatively cool for an extended period of time .  If your FFB and SHO settings are at the max and you are playing a game like Horizon 2 , well not so much ...
  • When i was Working on my PCars Settings with 100% in Game and 100% on Wheel FFB My Wheel Temp was 125°F to 130°F + or - a Few Degrees.... I Monitered temp with a Infrared Digital Thermometer and the Wheel Never Smelled like it was Burning or Shut Down.
  • All of your theories should never happen with something like this. Overheating after only 15min of play? If you guys think that's ok then I'm in shock. I play with 45% FF and 8% SHO so with those numbers and your calculations I should be able to play for 20 hours straight. I'm v2 simply failed after having it for 1.5 months. They gave me an RMA to ship it back.

You also don't need to smell to see there has been a major failure in the product.
  • There is clearly something wrong with your wheel Khashy, the CSW v2 should not fail within 15 minutes especially not when using those on-wheel settings. Hopefully it will be fixed quickly.
  • ^ I completely agree, this was my weekend to be able to geek out and play video games but those plans have been shot down now. As for it being fixed quickly, I highly doubt that with the rate of how customer service is working.
  • All of your theories should never happen with something like this. Overheating after only 15min of play? If you guys think that's ok then I'm in shock. I play with 45% FF and 8% SHO so with those numbers and your calculations I should be able to play for 20 hours straight. I'm v2 simply failed after having it for 1.5 months. They gave me an RMA to ship it back.

You also don't need to smell to see there has been a major failure in the product.

No Theorys Just Help... My Settings are Much Higher than that 75% on Wheel FFB 100% Sho...i Play for 4+ Hours a Day and My Wheel Runs at 105°F .... So yes if your wheel is Overheating after 15min and Much Lower FFB settings their is a Problem.

• I just opened a ticket with Fanatec.  My wheel does not cycle to xbox mode on first turn on, then I can't run it off.  I need to unplug from wall, plug back in, then it will cycle into xbox mode (green ring)

Second and more concerning is the very slight burnt smell I am getting.  This is happening right after turn on and if very slight.  The wheel seems to work fine.

Yes, Im a bit concerned :(