Fanatec Driver 222 Beta released (Windows10)

Comments

• Screen dimming has just been fixed in the new update today.
    WHAT???!!! There's a new update? Where, when, I need it. Oh, never mind. My V2 base and Xbox Hub are in transit back from support. I'll check it out when it gets back to me. Maybe in about 2 weeks (that is the typical wait time for me).
    Hope you guys have some good news about fixes and stuff by then. 

• Logitech is comming with a new line and the G933 headset is also wireless via a USB Blue Tooth stick inserted in the XOne.
    Seems u need to buy me the X1 usb side extender!!
  • Super, thanks Joe and Antoine :)
  • Where can I find the latest update you are referring to?
  • Are you part of the preview program on X1 Stewart ? If so, check settings, system, updates. There it should say that an update is available. I'm going to test the no dimming thingie asap.
  • Joseph GossenJoseph Gossen Member, Moderator
    Button mapping is now showing more options. Since I don't have my wheel base back yet, maybe someone who is in the NXOE can see if the wheel gives other options.
  • edited October 2015
    So I have now tried to load v222, v223 and v226 and all versions result in the wheel not able to be turned off without removing the power. 

The wheel will not go into Xbox mode with the green light and the LED display does not light up. I have spent a lot of money on this setup and I also have the V3 pedals on order.

I expect better from Fanatec and would like to know when there is going to be a fix that works for the issues we are experiencing with this wheel. 

Back to v219 again for me after another few hours wasted messing with firmware that does not work......
  • With Fw 094 the V2 base still isn't recognized as an item...so no button mapping for that one!!! And there's no way the wheel can be updated like a controller does....
    edited October 2015
    Bummer. You are on the NXOE program?

• Yeah...but with this one...I'd rather not be...nothing but problems!!

Button mapping with a normal controller only goes as far as inverting Y axis from left and right stick, separately. And changing left to right and vice versa of the triggers.
    You're right, It has been wacky.
  • So I have now tried to load v222, v223 and v226 and all versions result in the wheel not able to be turned off without removing the power. 

The wheel will not go into Xbox mode with the green light and the LED display does not light up. I have spent a lot of money on this setup and I also have the V3 pedals on order.

I expect better from Fanatec and would like to know when there is going to be a fix that works for the issues we are experiencing with this wheel. 

Back to v219 again for me after another few hours wasted messing with firmware that does not work......
    @Stewart, we are in the same boat. My V2 base and Xbox hub are just now being returned to me after a week in re-hab. HA HA. Same issues. If you care to, check my posts over the last few pages in regard to this issue. I got a video sent to me from Support showing everything is working properly. They connected V3 pedals, flashed the 226 firmware to the base. Connected the Hub, then set to PC mode. View button (double square) and Y buttons pressed same time. Then demonstrated all buttons working. I HOPE when I get the base and hub back and connect that all is working. Oh, an obvious suggestion here... make sure your pedals are plugged in to the Pedals port, not the Data port. The CSR-E wheel Pedals port is right next to the power port. The V2 base Pedals port is one port over. I think that is a bad move, just waiting for someone to mess it up. They should have moved the Data port all the way to the end, next to the USB port.
    Anyway. Here is the link to the video showing my stuff working.   https://www.dropbox.com/s/r8plev4lhru7i76/RM15.00860.MOV?dl=0

Good luck. 
  • @ Trevor, to late , some one already made that error... me. and the base does not respond well .
  • @ Trevor, to late , some one already made that error... me. and the base does not respond well .
    ha ha
  • Update
    I have flashed the firmware successfully on the hub with driver versions v219, v222, v223 and v226.
    If I connect the Xbox One Universal Hub and turn on the wheel it never works apart from with driver version v219 firmware 094.
    If I turn on the power without the Xbox One Universal Hub connected and then connect the hub with the base powered on then it works with the latest firmware.
    If I restart the wheel via the driver page in PC mode the hub continues to work.
    If I turn off the power and then restart the wheel with the Xbox One Universal Hub connected it will not work, the LED display does not light up, the red power light stays on and I cannot turn off the wheel without disconnecting the power.
    Firmware updates were performed with the Xbox One Universal Hub disconnected from the base.

Any ideas guys? Please help 
  • Sorry, Stewart. You are quoting me, verbatim. You and I are cursed. You can follow my posts here, if you like. And the many responses from this amazing group of guys and galls. All trying to help. They shouldn't have to repeat all that. But that is up to them.I had exactly the same experience. I received word my stuff (v2 base and Xbox hub) is on the way back from California (support). In about a week it should be here. They say there is nothing wrong. Oooookkkkkaaaayyyy.  
    We will see.
    Keep on smiling. 

• Stewart, try chat support. Now that they dealth with Trevors issues, they might have a solution for you...cause I'm out a options!!
  • A Few weeks in and Fw116 W/Pedal FW 115 is working Good for Me
    Good to hear Grimey. I updated Pedals to 115 and it was working great so once I get my base back I'll update that as well.

• Well that is encouraging, Steve. My kit is in for repair, with similar issues, that is- not turning off, etc. No smell. I could write a novel about my experiences with both the hardware and firmware. In fact, if you were to search my posts, I think I did write a novel. NLOL (not laughing out loud).
    My next chapter will be about my CSR-E wheel not flashing (updater freezes, not responding) with the latest firmware for that wheel. And none of my pedals (CSR-E pedals and V3 pedals) will not connect to it (buttons and rim work, but not the pedals). 
    I haven't raced a single lap with a wheel and pedals since I got the V2 base and Xbone hub connected in March.
    And now my CSR-E wheel is down.
    But, it does sound like Fanatec are doing their best to get these issues sorted out for us.
    I still hold out hope this will all eventually be behind us.

EDIT. I just heard from Remco. CSR-E updater does not work with W10. That is good news, because now I can see if I can get my hands on a W7 or W8.1 laptop and see what happens.
    Thanks, Remco.
    So here I am again. After filing a support request for my issue with the CSR-E and the V3 pedals in Xbox 360 and Forza 4. Recall the car would not leave the start line because the handbrake (which I do not have) was applied full on. Support got back to me this morning and were able to duplicate the Handbrake issue. I had 1.15 loaded in the pedals and 757 loaded on the CSR-E wheel. This is what I sent to Support, and then their reply. Looks like they are on it :-)

" Support, I did everything listed below. I deleted all previous downloads and programs. This morning, I turned off my antivirus. I downloaded the 226 and 757 softwares. I downloaded the link (for hex file 1.15) you sent, below. I connected the pedals to the PC, and opened the 226. I ran the updater. I installed manually the 1.15 FW. I tested the pedals with the Pedals Property page and all functions are normal. With no handbrake installed.
    I connected the wheel to the PC set to bootloader. I installed the 757 firmware.
    I set the wheel to PC mode and ran the 226 Wheel Property page. All buttons and pedals work as normal. Including the joy stick. No handbrake.
    I disconnect from the PC. I restart the wheel and connect to the Xbox 360 with Forza 4. All the wheel navigation buttons work on the Xbox live home page. Including the joy stick.
    I launch the game. Now the joy stick will not work. But, I can launch a race with the A button. Once in a race, the joy stick still does not work, but I can start the race with the A button. The X,Y,B and telemetry buttons all work. But the joystick still does not work. I wait for the count down to complete for the race , with the clutch depressed, and the throttle goes to full revs. As soon as the race starts, and I take my foot off the clutch, the revs drop to zero and the car will not move. I open the telemetry screen and all the pedals show some activity. But there is a handbrake showing fully on. But, again I have no handbrake connected and the car will not move.

Looks like 2 issues. Phantom handbrake and joy stick will not function in the game.

I heard from Armin Habermann on the forum. He asked me to do pretty much what you said. I will copy this back to him, too. "

And here is the reply from Support:
    "We meanwhile tried to reproduce the issue in our workshop and it actually seems to be a problem with the pedals firmware. At the moment our software developer is working on it, to solve this problem as fast as possible. As soon as this can be solved, we will release a newer firmware for the pedals.

Best regards "

• See my previous post. It looks like a new 226 release will be coming to resolve the issue with the Xbox and the V3 pedals. Stay tuned. 
  • Hello,

Please remember this is
    Well that is encouraging, Steve. My kit is in for repair, with similar issues, that is- not turning off, etc. No smell. I could write a novel about my experiences with both the hardware and firmware. In fact, if you were to search my posts, I think I did write a novel. NLOL (not laughing out loud).
    My next chapter will be about my CSR-E wheel not flashing (updater freezes, not responding) with the latest firmware for that wheel. And none of my pedals (CSR-E pedals and V3 pedals) will not connect to it (buttons and rim work, but not the pedals). 
    I haven't raced a single lap with a wheel and pedals since I got the V2 base and Xbone hub connected in March.
    And now my CSR-E wheel is down.
    But, it does sound like Fanatec are doing their best to get these issues sorted out for us.
    I still hold out hope this will all eventually be behind us.

EDIT. I just heard from Remco. CSR-E updater does not work with W10. That is good news, because now I can see if I can get my hands on a W7 or W8.1 laptop and see what happens.
    Thanks, Remco.
    So here I am again. After filing a support request for my issue with the CSR-E and the V3 pedals in Xbox 360 and Forza 4. Recall the car would not leave the start line because the handbrake (which I do not have) was applied full on. Support got back to me this morning and were able to duplicate the Handbrake issue. I had 1.15 loaded in the pedals and 757 loaded on the CSR-E wheel. This is what I sent to Support, and then their reply. Looks like they are on it :-)

" Support, I did everything listed below. I deleted all previous downloads and programs. This morning, I turned off my antivirus. I downloaded the 226 and 757 softwares. I downloaded the link (for hex file 1.15) you sent, below. I connected the pedals to the PC, and opened the 226. I ran the updater. I installed manually the 1.15 FW. I tested the pedals with the Pedals Property page and all functions are normal. With no handbrake installed.
    I connected the wheel to the PC set to bootloader. I installed the 757 firmware.
    I set the wheel to PC mode and ran the 226 Wheel Property page. All buttons and pedals work as normal. Including the joy stick. No handbrake.
    I disconnect from the PC. I restart the wheel and connect to the Xbox 360 with Forza 4. All the wheel navigation buttons work on the Xbox live home page. Including the joy stick.
    I launch the game. Now the joy stick will not work. But, I can launch a race with the A button. Once in a race, the joy stick still does not work, but I can start the race with the A button. The X,Y,B and telemetry buttons all work. But the joystick still does not work. I wait for the count down to complete for the race , with the clutch depressed, and the throttle goes to full revs. As soon as the race starts, and I take my foot off the clutch, the revs drop to zero and the car will not move. I open the telemetry screen and all the pedals show some activity. But there is a handbrake showing fully on. But, again I have no handbrake connected and the car will not move.

Looks like 2 issues. Phantom handbrake and joy stick will not function in the game.

I heard from Armin Habermann on the forum. He asked me to do pretty much what you said. I will copy this back to him, too. "

And here is the reply from Support:
    "We meanwhile tried to reproduce the issue in our workshop and it actually seems to be a problem with the pedals firmware. At the moment our software developer is working on it, to solve this problem as fast as possible. As soon as this can be solved, we will release a newer firmware for the pedals.

Best regards "

Great. Glad it's getting resolved. Thank you for the detailed info that aided support in duplicating the problem. This is a huge help!
  • See my previous post. It looks like a new 226 release will be coming to resolve the issue with the Xbox and the V3 pedals. Stay tuned. 
    This also just might be a V3 .hex file like the 1.15 was Trevor...and all for you to test ;)
  • So, after my wheel has spent two weeks on vacation in sunny California, getting it's firmware download problem straight, it comes home with Firmware 116 installed on the base... {driver 219Beta?} set it up and all functions well [ so far] , that is until I start a Forza 6 race in  "N" once again [ same as in V226/FW116 Beta] ... So , I decide to download the V219/FW94 from the product page , which worked fine with Forza 6 , only problem was [and the reason it went on vacation] the firmware update would show a "device not recognized, operation failed" in the last line of the message box.  Well , the same thing still happens, so I tried  V226/FW116 from the product page... that installs ok.... but still back to "N" at the stat of the race... please fix this  , please !  You only have a split second before another IndyCar slams into while you search for 1st gear  thank you.
  • Also , I noticed that the button mapping was off with the V219/FW116Beta, they worked fine in game , but were off in the Fanatec controller test window.
  • So, after my wheel has spent two weeks on vacation in sunny California, getting it's firmware download problem straight, it comes home with Firmware 116 installed on the base... {driver 219Beta?} set it up and all functions well [ so far] , that is until I start a Forza 6 race in  "N" once again [ same as in V226/FW116 Beta] ... So , I decide to download the V219/FW94 from the product page , which worked fine with Forza 6 , only problem was [and the reason it went on vacation] the firmware update would show a "device not recognized, operation failed" in the last line of the message box.  Well , the same thing still happens, so I tried  V226/FW116 from the product page... that installs ok.... but still back to "N" at the stat of the race... please fix this  , please !  You only have a split second before another IndyCar slams into while you search for 1st gear  thank you.
    Please notify support also that the issue still exists. Thank you
  • Will do Chris, as soon as I stop having fun with the wheel ... I really wish they would fix the default gear at the start of the race in Forza 6  issue with FW116,. It would solve my issue [non-issue] with FW94.  Wheel works fine, I was merely afraid it would cause an issue down the road and my one year is up the 28th of October even though the base has been sitting in a closet waiting for the hub.. oh well.
  • I've reported the FM 1st gear already to Armin directly. It could help if more people reported, but the issue is known.
    And there's nothing wrong with new button layout...I thought so too in the beginning of the beta fw, but it's done for better pc and PS3 4 use.
  • joe rugojoe rugo Member
    edited October 2015

@ Antoine, it's not that the buttons don't function in the game as intended , it's that when you do the button test in the controller window they do not report correctly  on the wheel image. 

The first gear issue has been present in all the Beta firmware post FW94 as far as I can tell.  And I hope Armin and crew can fix it so I can upgrade the firmware on my base.

As for my situation, I'm just wondering why my base won't accept FW94 without getting " No response from device, operation failed " message.  I know others have downloaded FW94 without this happening, so is it a hardware issue?  This is the question still left unanswered after sending the wheel of to rehab.

• edited October 2015

As for my situation, I'm just wondering why my base won't accept FW94 without getting " No response from device, operation failed " message.  I know others have downloaded FW94 without this happening, so is it a hardware issue?  This is the question still left unanswered after sending the wheel of to rehab.

Have you tried uninstalling the Newer FW from your PC before you try to Flash back to 219???
    Do it yourself dont let the Fanatec Driver do it for you...it some times leaves old information that gets in the way of a Full FW Roll Back... Go to all Programs and delete the Fanatc program then Restart the PC and Do a Fresh instal of 219...also it cant Hurt to do a System Clean up before you Restart your PC and do the fresh instal...When i was Testing i was Rolling back and Reflashing the wheel FW a Few times a Day and Never Had a Problem.