Fanatec Driver 222 Beta released (Windows10)

Comments

• FYI, I came on this morning to see if anyone on the forum ever talked about such a thing,  And yes, I see it has been talked about.  I'm not like above, just something I am noticing by smell, slight smell, no performance issues and it's not from long use.  The smell is there after startup.  Slight, not strong.
  • edited October 2015

Follow up on above.  I got this reply from support

Hi Steve,

thank you for your enquiry.

We have found out today, that this issue seems to be a bug of
    the firmware and we already are working on a fix. Hopefully it will be
    available very soon.

Regarding the smell: You don't need to be worried about that. It
    comes from the paste on the motor and it will disappear after a while.

Best regards / Freundliche Grüße

Johannes
    Limoli-Kirsch

(Fanatec
    Support Team)

She made my day!!!

• Trevor GeddisTrevor Geddis Member
    edited October 2015
    Well that is encouraging, Steve. My kit is in for repair, with similar issues, that is- not turning off, etc. No smell. I could write a novel about my experiences with both the hardware and firmware. In fact, if you were to search my posts, I think I did write a novel. NLOL (not laughing out loud).
    My next chapter will be about my CSR-E wheel not flashing (updater freezes, not responding) with the latest firmware for that wheel. And none of my pedals (CSR-E pedals and V3 pedals) will not connect to it (buttons and rim work, but not the pedals). 
    I haven't raced a single lap with a wheel and pedals since I got the V2 base and Xbone hub connected in March.
    And now my CSR-E wheel is down.
    But, it does sound like Fanatec are doing their best to get these issues sorted out for us.
    I still hold out hope this will all eventually be behind us.

EDIT. I just heard from Remco. CSR-E updater does not work with W10. That is good news, because now I can see if I can get my hands on a W7 or W8.1 laptop and see what happens.
    Thanks, Remco.
  • Trevor, you said March?  Were you beta testing the hub?

I do hope they get things worked out for you bud.  Dang man!

• No, I'm not kidding, Steve. I'm not going over it all again, 'cause it is here for all to see, in many different threads. It has been a painful journey. But I'm not giving up. 
    I've been a Fanatec customer since 2010. Porsche 911 Turbo Wheel, CSR-E Wheel, CSR-E pedals and inversion kit. CSW V2 base, Xbox hub, GT rim, V3 pedals. I went through the "angery, I'm a customer" stage, then the "okay, they will sort it out stage". That's where I'm at now. The older I get the kinder/gentler I get.
    I know at some time this will all get sorted.
    I just hope it happens before I die. 

Keep on smilin'
  • Its well worth the Wait!!!
    edited October 2015
    Grimey, if I should die before I wake, I hope that thee my rig will take.    
    Somebody has to figure it out. Just kidding.  :)>- 
  •   @ Trevor, sleep well for you are not alone.  Other are paddleing the same canoe.

• LOL I've already done all of that and I know how the process works, more looking to see if anybody has had this same issue and since the forum is not truly "Public" ...I can't just start my own thread and try to get answers or find other people with the same situations or issues.

I notified them I stayed up until 3 am to speak to them and their answer was "not without a serial number"....My base is horrible to uninstall and I'm not pulling out tools at 3am.  It would have been nice if they could have taken the time and go through a few basic things with me first and actually reviewing my videos and specific situation instead of blowing me off and wasting another entire day.  I paid a lot of money to have something elite like this, I would expect the level of customer service to be there when necessary especially to people in the USA that are a major part of the market. Now I have to wait until 3am again tonight to actually speak to somebody, and that's only if the info I provided them off the box is sufficient enough. 
    Khashy,

I've mentioned this before. If you want to start a public conversation go to the "activity" tab and start one there. Anyone can see and comment. It's been used since the site went public. Many people have taken advantage of this area already to address their issues. Hope this helps. Thank you for your feedback.
  • Tobias CzernyTobias Czerny Member
    edited October 2015
    Wanted to reinstall Firmware + Driver today, but the process failed due to the USB_driver dtscdc.cat being only valid from 13.07.12 until 19.07.15.

Could fool the software by changing my pc's date, but is it possible to receive a new file with valid certificate date range?

edit:
    my system
    Win 8.1
    Driver 226 (beta)
    Firmware 757
    edited October 2015
    Wanted to reinstall Firmware + Driver today, but the process failed due to the USB_driver dtscdc.cat being only valid from 13.07.12 until 19.07.15.

Could fool the software by changing my pc's date, but is it possible to receive a new file with valid certificate date range?

edit:
    my system
    Win 8.1
    Driver 226 (beta)
    Firmware 757
    I tried to install 757 on my CSR-E wheel a few days ago. The usb driver would not install. Not automaticlly, nor manually.The .inf file would not load. I got it to load on my lap top, but the firmware updater stalled before stage 1 was complete. Got the error "not responding". I did this, as outlined in the attached tutorial, and the driver loaded and I was able to complete the installation. This was written for a printer driver, but applies to any usb driver. It worked for me.  http://www.fotoclubinc.com/blog/how-to-disable-driver-signature-enforcement-to-allow-installation-of-windows-7-printer-drivers-on-windows-8/     
  • edited October 2015

edit:
    my system
    Win 8.1
    Driver 226 (beta)
    Firmware 757
    Could you describe what exactly you did, what steps, and where/when you got the error?
    Please also post a screenshot of the error.
  • Tobias CzernyTobias Czerny Member
    edited October 2015

edit:
    my system
    Win 8.1
    Driver 226 (beta)
    Firmware 757
    Could you describe what exactly you did, what steps, and where/when you got the error?
    I cant replicate the error now, as the usb driver is now installed.
    Anyway, i wanted to update the wheel as i switched from Win7 to Win8.1 recentrly.
    However, when running the firmware updater i got the info, that step 1 of pre-install driver was not done, and chosing the driver manually in the fanatec updater (below the PW1 to PW3 files did not work.
    I got the "Fanatec Update Port driver pre-install failed" message then and couldnt start the Flashing 1.

Then i had a closer look at that USB driver file called "dtscdc.cat" and saw its not valid anymore, cause the date has expired.
    I changed my pcs date to a date where it was valid and then the process worked as described in the instructions.

• Wanted to reinstall Firmware + Driver today, but the process failed due to the USB_driver dtscdc.cat being only valid from 13.07.12 until 19.07.15.

edit:
    my system
    Win 8.1
    Driver 226 (beta)
    Firmware 757
    Anyway, i wanted to update the wheel as i switched from Win7 to Win8.1 recentrly.
    However, when running the firmware updater i got the info, that step 1 of pre-install driver was not done, and chosing the driver manually in the fanatec updater (below the PW1 to PW3 files did not work.
    I got the "Fanatec Update Port driver pre-install failed" message then and couldnt start the Flashing 1.

Then i had a closer look at that USB driver file called "dtscdc.cat" and saw its not valid anymore, cause the date has expired.
    I changed my pcs date to a date where it was valid and then the process worked as described in the instructions.

Thanks for the update, glad you got it to work. I'll feed this back to the devs, the date thing sounds really odd.
  • Wanted to reinstall Firmware + Driver today, but the process failed due to the USB_driver dtscdc.cat being only valid from 13.07.12 until 19.07.15.

edit:
    my system
    Win 8.1
    Driver 226 (beta)
    Firmware 757

Thanks for the update, glad you got it to work. I'll feed this back to the devs, the date thing sounds really odd.
    Not so sure it is odd, Remco. We are talking about CSR-E here, so that is a few years old now. I had the same issue and found a work around. Tobias faked it out by changing the date on his PC. I faked it out by turning off "driver signature enforcement" (in the link I posted above). So maybe the driver is out of date as Tobias suggested. 
  • I'm wondering when the Handbrake will be supported on the XBox One, can anyone from Fanatec shed a light on the timeframe?

(I do see a special Handbrake-axis setting in Forza 6)

Thnx!
  • I would really love to see that PS3 bug removed...
  • I would really love to see that PS3 bug removed...
    Could you give more details please? Thank you
  • Joseph GossenJoseph Gossen Member, Moderator
    Anyone having problems with the ShifterSQ 1.5 not shifting into gear? Sometimes going from 4,3,2 it sticks in neutral. Mostly it happens on Project Cars so could be isolated but it has happened with Forza.
  • I haven't had any problems with mine Joseph.
  • edited October 2015
    Which headset would you guys recommend for Xbox One (wireless would be great), there is also a new headset available (

Turtle Beach Ear Force PX24), most headsets have an earphone jack, but the wheelbase v2 does not have one. Did i miss anything?

Best regards,
    Alexander
    I use the VModa Crossfade M100. They sound amazing and if you want you can order the boom mic. I just use the universal talk cable that it includes. I use them as headphones ( which is what they were developed for ) but VModa gives many options to expand your use.

Turtle Beach are great but I wouldn't walk around outside the house with them on LOL
  • I use the VModa Crossfade M100. They sound amazing and if you want you can order the boom mic. I just use the universal talk cable that it includes. I use them as headphones ( which is what they were developed for ) but VModa gives many options to expand your use.

Turtle Beach are great but I wouldn't walk around outside the house with them on LOL
    So there are only wired solutions available, and the cable can not be plugged into the wheel base V2. Would I have to plug in the cable of the headset into the Xbox One controller? Why should someone design such a crappy solution? I would even have to buy an adapter for the Xbox One controller, since this one also has no earphone jack. Sad Thomas did not think about including an earphone jack for the wheelbase V2.
  • Yeah, Alex. A lot of us commented on that. Remember though that Xbox was not part of the V2 release. No collaboration between MS and Fanatec at that time. And none on the horizon. It took well over a year for them to come together with a plan then to execute the Xbox Hub. So no need for the wireless solution when the V2 base was first released.
    It is unfortunate that you have to have a controller running but that's the only option unless you're using the Turtle Beach plugged into the optical output on the Xbox.
    The other reason to have a controller active is that currently the NXOE does not recognize the wheel as an input, therefore the screen goes dim after about 10min.
  • Thanks Trevor and Joseph for the info. Just wondering Joseph, when I play i.e. Forza 6, I don't have to turn on the controller. I just start the xbox and the wheel, without having to turn on the xbox one controller. In my case the Xbox One does recognize the wheel as an input device.

Thanks Trevor and Joseph for the info. Just wondering Joseph, when I play i.e. Forza 6, I don't have to turn on the controller. I just start the xbox and the wheel, without having to turn on the xbox one controller. In my case the Xbox One does recognize the wheel as an input device.

Does the screen not go dim after awhile? Actually are you running the NXOE?
  • @ Alexander, TurtleBeach makes three headsets. that work WITHOUT using the controller.. they are they are completely wireless using a USB transmitter and recharge via one of the USB ports on the Xbox.  They start at $149 USD up to $299 USD .... models 420X , 500X , 800X ....

As for the screen going dark ... the Xbox does not seem to recognize the pedal input when running long races like Indy ... however the screen should remain "awake" if you occasionally use the look back button .   Worked for me anyway.

I keep telling Thomas he should develop his own line of headsets...

Screen dimming has just been fixed in the new update today.
  • I was wondering what was in the last update... thanks