Fanatec Driver 222 Beta released (Windows10)

Comments

• edited November 2015
    Hello,

I recently started using a CSW V2 and have noticed in Project Cars (PC) that the wheel makes the game framerate drop below 60 fps, and with V-sync on this causes noticable stutter/judder. If I swap to use the 360 controller ingame via the config screen it becomes totally rock solid 60 fps again so its not a graphical power issue, more a wheel USB driver issue of some sort.

To get the game to run at a constant 60 fps with the Clubsport V2, I have to turn off the wheel and turn it back on again on a front-end game menu screen or ingame pit screen. (This method has been working fine so far- although it also seems to make the red LCD gear indicator either stuck on whatever gear it was on last, or totally blank.)

I have read on a couple of forums that downgrading to an older firmware might possibly fix these issues, (oldest I've tried with no luck is v205), but would rather stick to the latest. If anyone has any ideas why I have to reset the wheel ingame, or if there is another fix it would be appreciated. Currently using fw v226 on Windows 7. Unfortunately I dont have any other car games installed to test whether it's just a Project Cars issue.

Thanks if anyone can help,
  • I was having trouble getting the v2 BMW rim to be recognized by the firmware. After several tries the wheel won't turn on any more. Is there a way to rest. Is it possible to burn out the v2 with firmware?
  • Hello,

I recently started using a CSW V2 and have noticed in Project Cars (PC) that the wheel makes the game framerate drop below 60 fps, and with V-sync on this causes noticable stutter/judder. If I swap to use the 360 controller ingame via the config screen it becomes totally rock solid 60 fps again so its not a graphical power issue, more a wheel USB driver issue of some sort.

To get the game to run at a constant 60 fps with the Clubsport V2, I have to turn off the wheel and turn it back on again on a front-end game menu screen or ingame pit screen. (This method has been working fine so far- although it also seems to make the red LCD gear indicator either stuck on whatever gear it was on last, or totally blank.)

I have read on a couple of forums that downgrading to an older firmware might possibly fix these issues, (oldest I've tried with no luck is v205), but would rather stick to the latest. If anyone has any ideas why I have to reset the wheel ingame, or if there is another fix it would be appreciated. Currently using fw v226 on Windows 7. Unfortunately I dont have any other car games installed to test whether it's just a Project Cars issue.

Thanks if anyone can help,
    This sounds like a driver conflict. What other controllers/USB devices do you have connected to your PC, and what controller drivers? What are your PC specs?
  • I was having trouble getting the v2 BMW rim to be recognized by the firmware. After several tries the wheel won't turn on any more. Is there a way to rest. Is it possible to burn out the v2 with firmware?
    Is the BMW rim the only rim you have? Check the pins of the BMW rim quick release and see if they're all there and not broken/loose/absent. The wheel should turn on even without a rim attached. If it doesn't, check the power supply and connections.
  • edited November 2015
    Hello, thanks for the reply regarding the frame drops using the wheel.

Other than a keyboard, mouse and the official 360 controller (using its normal windows driver) I also have a Leo Bodnar G25 pedal to usb adapter plugged in, again using windows built in driver to calibrate them.

I did try the V2 wheel without the 360 controller or usb pedals plugged in (using wheel buttons mapped to accelerate/brake)- but the framerate judder was still present.

My computer has a 2500K at 4ghz, 8GB ram and a 980 GTX, so enough power, and I dont even run Pcars at the highest settings at all. Wheel attached is the Univeral Hub (non xbox version).

On a slightly different subject, I have tried to use both of the Logitech to Fanatec pedal adapters with the Clubsport V2 and neither are picking up the G25 pedal inputs on the V2 calibration screen (other than a weird throttle 'blip', and nothing at all from the brake). Can anyone confirm that neither adapter actually works with the Clubsport V2? (I keep trying to get the adapters working because they are for ECCI pedals that mimic logitech signals, and it would be really nice to directly connect them to the wheel to use on a PS4 in the future)

Again, thanks for any possible help regarding why the wheel is dropping the framerate, or maybe the pedal adapter issues.
  • Joseph GossenJoseph Gossen Member, Moderator
    Is there a way to verify the firmware on the Clubsport Shifter SQ? Under 226 there is no option to update it, so I am assuming there has been no new firmware for it?
  • edited November 2015
    Is there a way to verify the firmware on the Clubsport Shifter SQ? Under 226 there is no option to update it, so I am assuming there has been no new firmware for it?
    Not sure that there is even such a thing a firmware installed on it. It's a simple device of outputting voltages based on the mechanical position of the stick, I don't think that any on-board intelligence is needed for that.
    edited November 2015
    Not sure that there is even such a thing a firmware installed on it. It's a simple device of outputting voltages based on the mechanical position of the stick, I don't think that any on-board intelligence is needed for that.

Thank you sir !
  • edited November 2015
    hi can someone help me. I have trouble with the firmware on my new purchased Clubsport pedals v3? 

sorry my english
  • hi can someone help me. I have trouble with the firmware on my new purchased Clubsport pedals v3? 

sorry my english
    If you don't tell us what trouble, we cannot really start helping you :)
  • edited November 2015

• hi can someone help me. I have trouble with the firmware on my new purchased Clubsport pedals v3? 

sorry my english
    If you don't tell us what trouble, we cannot really start helping you :)
    Hi I have been updating the firmware on csp v3 that my computer died. and now I can not see the pedal set inside my Fanatec software. is there anyone who has a racing trick
  • I hope I'm wrong, but I think your PCBA died. Try contacting Fanatec via the support chat option. I've read about someone having the same problem earlier...maybe they have a solution.
  • I hope I'm wrong, but I think your PCBA died. Try contacting Fanatec via the support chat option. I've read about someone having the same problem earlier...maybe they have a solution.
    have written to them but they are probably not return until Monday again, I believe. it's just my life :O)
  • 231 driver with firmware is out.
    Now CSPv3 can now use full strength of the load cell, Had to drop mine from 100 to 70. Like it.
  • Hi I have been updating the firmware on csp v3 that my computer died. and now I can not see the pedal set inside my Fanatec software. is there anyone who has a racing trick
    That's some bad luck! Did you try both through USB and through connection to a Fanatec wheel, if you have one?

I think you'll have to wait for Fanatec to respond, I don't think there's any tricks to get it working again.
  • edited November 2015
    Hi I have been updating the firmware on csp v3 that my computer died. and now I can not see the pedal set inside my Fanatec software. is there anyone who has a racing tricky
    That's some bad luck! Did you try both through USB and through connection to a Fanatec wheel, if you have one?

I think you'll have to wait for Fanatec to respond, I don't think there's any tricks to get it working again.
    yes it is cold total. it has been the longest weekend I can remember. bad luck is my middle name ;0)
  • Has anyone experienced any issues with new 231 update for driver/fw in Forza 6 or PC? (I racing). I'm on 219 but see there are two new ones, 226 & 231. Wondering if I should update. Thanks.
  • Hello I'm new to the site please bear with me if I come across as a rookie!

I have been using the Fanatec CSR wheel with Elite Pedals on iRacing for a while now and a few months ago upgraded my PC from windows 7 to windows 10.

After the upgrade the wheel wouldn't work on iRacing so I looked around the internet and found this site. I downloaded the zip file and I think I updated the driver or firmwire. After this the wheel worked but now and again it 'glitches' causing me to crash and is putting me off the game and id rather not look at getting another wheel if this can be fixed.

Can you help me? it'll be greatly appreciated!
  • Trevor GeddisTrevor Geddis Member
    edited November 2015
    Hello I'm new to the site please bear with me if I come across as a rookie!

I have been using the Fanatec CSR wheel with Elite Pedals on iRacing for a while now and a few months ago upgraded my PC from windows 7 to windows 10.

After the upgrade the wheel wouldn't work on iRacing so I looked around the internet and found this site. I downloaded the zip file and I think I updated the driver or firmwire. After this the wheel worked but now and again it 'glitches' causing me to crash and is putting me off the game and id rather not look at getting another wheel if this can be fixed.

Can you help me? it'll be greatly appreciated!
    CSR wheel latest firmware 757 is not Windows 10. If you update to that FW you need W8 or earlier. I went through the same thing a while back.  I had to borrow a friend's lap top which was W8.  http://www.fanatec.com/us-en/support/product;old_product_id;141   Or if the pedals is the issue the load cell or main PCBAmain board could be starting to fail. $15 and $18 respectively.
  • Any more infos about Driver v.231? :)
  • edited December 2015
    Any more infos about Driver v.231? :)
    What info would you like to know? Do you mean release notes?
  • Looks like v231 jumped 226 as the new standard? I can't find any posts like this one talking about changelog notes and to see comments from others about any issues. I'm on 219 but that's about 6 months old. Is everyone happy with 231?
    @Nick Been running v231 for a couple of weeks and it feels very stable. Most of the changes were geared towards the new CSL wheel while others updates are more behind the scenes (no new features,etc) 

v219 is a very stable firmware so if it's working fine for you, there is probably no need to update. There are a few key changes in v222 listed above.
  • Thanks Joseph. I see comments about v222 but don't even see it as a download. There is a v226 beta so just curious where 222 came from and is it dead?
    FIrst page of this thread Nick ;)
  • Didn't realize only download was from the thread. Still confused about what's what so for now will stick with 219! Thanks.
    It's all good bud. Lots of help on these forums whenever you need. ;)
  • I have a question or two regarding drivers and windows operating systems
    I have at the moment a csw b v2,  bmw rim, css sq and csp v2, haven't gotten around to csp v3 yet mainly because of money, but we'll see.
    Pc runs windows 7, mostly because I'm a little sceptic regarding windows 10 and all the fanatec gear and the wheel runs driver 219, but my question is: are people running windows 10 succesfully without any problems with the above mentioned fanatec gear?
    and if I should get the idea of upgrading to windows 10, would you guys reccomend driver 226 ( eventhough it says that it's a beta? correct me if I am wrong, I am not a computer wizzard, but doesn't betadriver means " testdriver " ? ) or driver 231 when I run the gear on pc, a little on ps3, and planing to run on ps4 when I get one hopefully in not too long

Thanks in advance
    Verner Vejlgaard
  • Hi all,

I have recently purchased the following:

Fanatec Clubsport Wheel Base V1
    Fanatec BMW GT2 Rim 
    Fanatec Clubsport V2 Pedals 
    Fanatec Clubsport Shifter (H-Pattern and Sequential) 

Can anyone tell me what driver to install, does one driver cover all of this? I'm on Windows 10 64 bit. I thought I had downloaded the correct driver, but when I enter iRacing, it takes a spaz. Should I uninstall all drivers, and start a fresh download?