Fanatec Debuts Official Forza Motorsport Racing Wheel for Xbox One

Comments

• from there t should be on auto pilot ... and restart in Pc mode {red}

you can try installing the hub and pedals now and calibrate the wheel center...

once you put the Xhub on it will be default Xbox mode so you need to put it in PC mode by pressing X+Y at the same time

now you should be able to see the hub and pedal in the test window

• ok so that means success?
  • make sure you download all the manuals from the product pages for each of you Fanatec gear... they come in handy.
  • Thanks so much! The community is a great place with people like you around! I was able to get it! I am now at 219\94 and car starts out in first gear in fm6 now. :) Hopefully Fanatec tech is reading this as this is an issue with fw116. Thanks again for all the help! Appreciated so much. 
  • oh ... the Xbox will not recognize either steering or pedal inputs as controller input .. so the xbox goes into screen saver mode after a bit at tracks like Indy or Daytona ovals, also if you are using Autotrans ... so you will need to engage a button like the look back feature. from time to time. 
  • Just paying it forward ... others did the same for me a while back
  • And it still is so in the NXOE Damned...I just whish M$ could patch such a simple thing as letting the wheel and other devices TRULY be seen as devices...not just the controller and Kinect!!!
    They can pull out a show with a helicopter, big screen etc for Halo 5...but not letting the controller shut down, or choose too, not dimming the screen etc seems to be an enormous task!!!!!
  • Joseph GossenJoseph Gossen Member, Moderator
    Totally agree Antoine. Frustrating when your in the middle of a race and the screen dims on you. Lazy on MS part. 
  • I agree also, guys and at my age I keep forgetting to hit the button , unless Joe is around to remind me... LOL... Thanks Joe.

• joe rugojoe rugo Member
    edited November 2015

Regarding the "N" as default selection ,  Fanatec support got back to me about what they did to my V2 base while they had it and finally suggested it may be my PC... a bit late!!     But they also say that the "N" issue resides at Turn 10,  I'm not buying that at the moment since FW94 does not have that issue. Makes no sense that it is not part of the Beta firmwares,  since that when the issue appears. 

Remco, Chris ????

• Natalie BNatalie B Member, Moderator, Betatester
    edited November 2015
    It's possible that the API has been updated/changed and thus forced a code change in the firmware which has "caused" the issue, but a "fix" may indeed potentially need to come from the developer to "update" their game, to work with the new updated/API/structure.

Also, don't update unless you really really need to, If it works, just set it and forget it ;) let us lot get stressed out instead :D

I still run the factory firmware on my pedals (but test others) as its perfect for me right now, and my base is on FW1xx which is surprisingly great. I'm happily testing/working/playing titles on all platforms "relatively" bug free...

With that said, when I jump to alternate FW I do encounter issues, but once they are logged I move on an trust the handsome tattooed, bearded brutes in the office to fix it :D

Just make sure any issues are officially reported via the support, that way everyone has eyes on it, there is a log and its documented ;)

• @ Natalie, thank you,  as long as you understand what I was told is possible , I'll go with that.  I have stuck with FW94 all along since it works best with Forza ,  just wonder what I will encounter when I test drive Pcars.   And support is aware of the issue for sure.   Nice to see you have a bit of time for yourself.

• Question: when powering on the V2/XBOX ... how important is it that it cycles thru the LED from 94 to --- ?  My wheel will occasionally only cycle to 94 or blank LED at power up.
  • You mean LCD Joe ? Mine gives fw version EACH time I start up...dunno if it's really needed to ?
  • joe rugojoe rugo Member
    edited November 2015
    @ Antoine, yes,  the LED on the wheel ... on power up it normally cycles thru the firmware to blank to - - -    then back to blank .. mine does not always reach the - - -, at times 94 will remain on the LED. Not sure it matters , but I always power the wheel off on until I get the normal sequence.  I was wondering if one of the Fanatec emps had any feedback or if others had the same experience.
  • @Joe. 116, ---,blank.Every time. Just tried it about 10 times. Waited a few seconds from power down to power up.Then 15 seconds, then 30 seconds. Worked okay each time.
  • Not here to tap you on the fingers Joe, but the display, used to see the wheel tuning set up, fw version etc. Is a LCD. And LED's are the rev lights on the, for example, Porsche or BMW rim. It's just a bit confusing to read the post when you use LED in stead of LCD ;)
  • Actually I believe Joe is correct. The Xbox One hub product page says LED also.
  • @ Antoine .... the little red thingy on the top of the wheel
  • Has anyone counted the number of times you press the "A" in Forza 6  ???  Get the replacement Button boxes ready!!  

Tip: when playing Forza 6... use the X1controller before and after races , and in the other menus.  Should reduce the wear of the A & B buttons. 

• 4,500 "A's" at a minimum
  • Not here to tap you on the fingers Joe, but the display, used to see the wheel tuning set up, fw version etc. Is a LCD. And LED's are the rev lights on the, for example, Porsche or BMW rim. It's just a bit confusing to read the post when you use LED in stead of LCD ;)
    LED = Light Emitting Diode
    LCD = Liquid Crystal Display

The display on Fanatec wheels is made of elements that emit light, so LEDs :)

Anyway, if the LED display hangs on the FW number, I don't think it's right. I seem to remember having had something similar a few times, which resulted in the wheel not getting connected to my PC. This happened IIRC when I started the wheel before booting up my PC. A wheel restart solved it every time.
  • This happened IIRC when I started the wheel before booting up my PC.
    Is there a correct boot up sequence with the Xbox One, like there was with the older wheels on the Xbox 360 ?
  • Thanks for the feedback Remco, I had a feeling that it may indicate that the wheel had not booted [if that is the proper term?] correctly , and would result in less than 100% performance . I asked yesterday because it took 5 or six restarts to fully cycle the wheel. Other than this non-issue the wheel is excellent.

Is there a correct boot up sequence with the Xbox One, like there was with the older wheels on the Xbox 360 ?
    I think there is but I don't know myself because I don't have a console. It should be written in the wheel's manual I think, though.

I found the is a sequence! Not sure whether there's quicker ways but this definitely works.
    I first turn on & log in using my controller just cause it's bit easier to navigate. I normally log into forza then turn my controller off. I turn on my wheel base with no rim attached & making sure the USB plug is not plugged in. It goes to PCs mode. I attach the Xbox one wheel & hub & the wheel turns to Xbox mode. I then plug in the USB to LHS plug on Xbox one. I'm ready to go! The Xbox will ask you to confirm that it is you & away you go!
    Hope that helps & if there's a quicker way let me know
  • @Jonathan. Here is a simpler method.
    1. Turn on your monitor, receiver/sound system, etc.
    2. With everything connected to your base: pedals, hub/rim, and with the base connected to the USB port on the Xbone, turn on your base.
    3. The wheel will start in default Xbox mode (green) and the Xbox should start up, too. If not, turn it on.
    4. The Xbox Live welcome screen should recognize you and welcome you. You will get a message saying "controller not connected"- press the "A" button. You will be asked again to confirm who you are, which avatar you want to log into the game with. Press "A" again. 
    5. That's it, you are in and can navigate with the menus with the wheel buttons. If you prefer to us the hand controller to navigate, press the Xbox button on the controller to log in again.
  • edited November 2015

My Fanatec experience so far.

I ordered my ClubSport Wheel Base V2 along with the Forza
    wheel and Xbox One hub on 10/21/15.  I
    paid for two day shipping and received my shipment on 10/26/15.

I spent some time on the forum so I had some insight as to
    the proper procedure as it related to updating the firmware and drivers.  I was up and running in no time and I was
    immediately impressed by the quality and the feel of the product.

After about thirty minutes, the right side paddle shifter
    quit working.  I go online and follow the
    procedure for submitting a ticket.  I get
    no response, so the next morning I call the technical support line, which is
    only available two hours a day, and i speak to someone who says they will send
    me a new shifter module and explains that it should be a five minute fix.  I explain that I had the product for all of
    thirty minutes when the shifter quit working and that I'd appreciate if they
    could overnight the part.  He said he
    would see what he could do.  That was on
    a Tuesday - on Friday I received the replacement module with no
    instructions.  I'm a little disappointed that
    I just spent $1,000 on a wheel and I'm already doing repairs, but once I get
    the new shifter module installed all is forgiven as I watch my lap times go
    down.  I played Forza 6 Friday Night and
    Saturday morning and I'm having a blast.

After my children go to bed on Saturday night, I go to play
    Forza.  I power up the wheel, it goes
    through its normal sequence, but for some reason it won't connect to my
    Xbox1.  I try connecting it to my lap top
    - I get the following message, "USB device not recognized - the last usb
    device you connected to this computer malfunctioned, and Windows does not
    recognize it."  So now I submit
    another ticket to Fanatec.  Again, no
    response to my ticket other than the automated response.  Now I know Fanatec only offers technical
    support M-F, so I call the technical support number on Monday and speak to
    someone who asks me to make videos of the problem and resubmit my ticket.  OK, I know I should have done this the first
    time, so I take videos when I get home from work on Monday and eagerly await a
    response.  Tuesday morning rolls around
    and no response from Fanatec.  So again I
    call Fanatec because I’m not interested in a further delay.  When speaking to Johannes, his computer goes
    down and he tells me he will respond via email as soon as he reboots his
    computer.  He sends me the following
    response:

Hi Trevor,

I apologise for my
    system crash earlier.

The issue can be
    resolved by replacing the main-pcba, which would be quite easy (see manual
    attached).

If you want, we can
    send you a new pcb. Please let me know, if we shall send the the part

Best regards /
    Freundliche Grüße

Johannes
    Limoli-Kirsch

(Fanatec Support Team)

Well, not exactly the response I was expecting, but in any
    event I respond with the following:

Johannes,

I'm happy to do the repair myself, but I have a couple of
    questions/comments. 

1) If I screw up the repair - now what?  Am I now
    responsible for damaging the wheelbase?  Will my warranty be voided
    because I'm responsible for the damage?

2) I've been incredibly patient with this entire situation.
    I've had to follow up to find out what the resolution is with Fanatec both
    times I've had issues. I remind you that I had two major issues in less than a
    week’s time of owning your product. First the right paddle shifter failed,
    which I replaced myself. And now the main pcba board failed. From a customer
    service point of view this is a disaster for a premium product. I would expect
    Fanatec to be doing everything possible to fix this situation.  If I
    bought a new BMW and five days later it just stopped working, I'd expect BMW to
    have a working vehicle to me the same day. 

The best resolution for me would be for Fanatec to overnight
    me a new wheelbase with a shipping label to return the defective one. I think
    it's the least Fanatec could do considering the short period of time I've owned
    the product. 

If the best possible outcome is for you to ship me another
    part for me to service your product once again, then I guess that's what we'll
    have to do, but I'm not happy and I would appreciate that you pass my comments
    along to management. 

Please let me know how you are going to proceed and let me
    know when I will receive either the replacement part or the replacement
    wheelbase. 

Sincerely,

Trevor

Well, no one has come back to me on my response nor has
    anyone addressed my follow-up emails for a response.  When the product works it’s brilliant, but my
    experience thus far has been less than what I would expect from a premium
    company like Fanatec.

• Oh, crap! Not another Trevor with problems. I was just getting over myself, and now this!