Advent Calendar 2018

Comments

• That's all I freaking needed...
  • edited December 2018
    :)
  • Been looking at that damn hub since day one. Was on the page and didn't see a damn thing.
    Could've used an upgrade to my PS4 wheel. Oh well.
    Congrats to the winners so far, good luck and happy holidays to all.
  • So is there a list of products already given out/discounted in each region instead of losing time waiting for a product already discounted earlier? Thnx
  • Today it's CSL Steering Wheel P1

• Can the winner please share the codes for the CSL P1 rim?
  • Can the winner please share the codes for the CSL P1 rim?

...thumbs up.
  • Congratulations at the CSL P1 Steering Wheel winner today!!!

Tomorrow Here We go again!!!! See you later, alligator. ;) 
  • Doubt that the winner will even think about us now :) hope i’m wrong...
  • may be that winners mind were blown away, but after hours they should realise that there are others who are longing for that stuff too. its christmas, come on.
  • Wonderful people who think only they deserve free things: There is no difference between the current system and a random email raffle; It's all up to chance in both cases. 

If the server could handle google/amazon level traffic, only those with the fastest internet speeds and closest to the server would win...and if you can afford 1 Gbit connections then why are you whining over not getting this for free? Go save up and buy it and leave the Advent Calendar for those who are much poorer and couldn't possibly afford Fanatec gear ordinarily. I'm not saying I'm in the poor camp, but after 18 days of reading, I'm really getting sick and tired of seeing entitled brats whining over why they didn't win. It's quite pathetic, really...take your loss like a grown man (don't recall seeing any women in here complaining)...somebody else got lucky so deal with it.

The random button during the magic hour would be just as bad, whether the server was robust or not....at least you can get on to Fanatec after the first 30 - 60 seconds during this current game....imagine everyone logged in and hitting refresh repeatedly for A FULL HOUR...if the server could handle the traffic, it'd still give those with the fastest internet a huge advantage.

If you win, cheers to you buddy, but if you didn't, just wish the winner congrats and move on. 
  • I've been on every day since it started and I have no problem with not winning, but it would be nice if the winners could at least share their 10% discount codes. My guess is that most of them are being wasted. I've only seen a few kind people post them on here. If I get lucky enough to win anything my codes will be pasted straight up here (or sent out to those that ask).

Maybe Fanatec will post a certain number of 10% discount codes on the final day or something to make up for all of the unclaimed 10% vouchers? Let's hope.
  • may be that winners mind were blown away, but after hours they should realise that there are others who are longing for that stuff too. its christmas, come on.
    I thought all the winners are robots? They don't know what Christmas is, they feel nothing correct?
  • US V2 Rim
  • ClubSport Steering Wheel Formula V2

AIEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE...

another one I wanted! Was there within 10s, but it was gone

• Joseph GossenJoseph Gossen Member, Moderator
    Bots man. Bots. So frustrating.
  • error 503 for a full 5 mins. im not one to complain but this isn't working.  I like the idea of a button that put your name in a bucket for a randome drawing.
  • Here are the 10% off discount codes for the ClubSport Steering Wheel Formula V2. Happy holidays!

z3x2uv, sr8sv2, uxtrj3, nd2c9v, xinmzc, xih0dy, azhgdf, rhe9q2, nz1t2i, 4mig9t
  • What's really frustrating is 99.9% of the products are going to end up on eBay. One guy from AU was bragging how he won twice already (that was days ago could be more now). No one is that lucky, sorry not buying it. All I'm trying to win is 1 specific product, you guys can have the rest.
  • Benjamin KusBenjamin Kus Member
    edited December 2018
    Early on in AU there were no server issues (less people in AUS, and a very small sim market compared with the rest of the world). I won once early on, and have seen the code button twice more (code already gone when I clicked on it), but after about the first 8-9 days of the campaign, the bots and many more people have arrived, I now get nothing but errors. Its probably not impossible to have won twice in the first week of the campaign.

Even now, out of 10's of thousands (if not more with bots) of people refreshing the page, there is only so many that can get through. Only one wins. Its a competition (even if only between who has the smartest bot & lucky to get through). Still only 1 wins.

If Fanatec wanted to mix it up, they could have changed the button HTML code, so the bots wouldn't know the specific line of code to look for. There is probably still away to compare the existing pages to a changed page & if there is any change, go to the page.

They could leave the button up for 1 minute, and everyone that clicks on it goes into a random draw. But this again is likely to crash the servers, and there will still be 1000's left complaining they couldn't get through to the website.

They could limit it to existing confirmed customers who have made past purchases - but this would prevent Fanatec from obtaining 1000's of genuine new sign-up customers who are likely to make some form of purchase in the future during another marketing campaign. The announcement of all these new amazing products, being sent out to 1000's of new customers is worth a lot more than giving away these free prizes.

Seeing the upcoming line up of products, I have no other brand in my mind other than Fanatec and am excited for the DD2, F1 2018, F1 2019 & Porsche GT3 Podium Wheel. Winning a free BMW wheel is icing on top.
  • I appreciate Fanatec's XMAS gift giving effort, but... the bots and scripts sure have really taken the fun out of this altogether.
  • Andrew DillonAndrew Dillon Member
    edited December 2018
    Hey guys,

YAY, I won! :D
    - ClubSport Steering Wheel Oval (19th / AUS)

Thanks Fanatec.

First 5 discount codes:
    5eos6e
    gs6arl
    m3ng47
    mcthgf
    4t4tmm

I will post remaining codes (if any) in morning around 9am AEST (gonna check with a few mates if they want first)

F.Y.I. For those complaining about bots, after I clicked on the button a re-captcha popped up so that should help in some part with bot issues (if any to begin with)

• Well done! Nice to see an AU winner on here.    :-*
  • Andrea MerlinAndrea Merlin Member
    edited December 2018
    Did the McLaren wheel out? EU zone
  • Bullshit, I clicked the button and got 

Service Unavailable

• ClubSport Steering Wheel Oval on EU.

Incredible I was able to see the button for the first time today, and when I click it... 503 error....

• If you are able to load fanatec page after 19.00 - someone has pushed the button :(
    Today it's ClubSport Steering Wheel Oval
  • Today the ClubSport Lenkrad Oval in the EU
    It was very near, but the captcha did not load and finally it was gone ...

• It was the same for me, I got the captcha, entered it and got the 503 Service unavalaible error, after 20sc reloading the page, it was gone.
    It's very frustrating
  • Today the Oval wheel was my 6th tab and I could refresh it an 19:01:37 and the Button was there.... I clicked and then came errors after errors.....19:02:58 the site came and code was gone!

I´ts immernoch sooo exiting I Love it