Podium Wheel Bases (and Racing Wheels) discussion

Comments

• no, those issues are not related to ACV.

To erase the motor calibration just go into the driver, go to settings page and on the bottom you see the respective buttons. You need to remove the wheel so that only the motor shaft itself can calibrate (or calibration can be erased in your case).

• I managed to identify everything here.

Thank you very much

Thanks also for the clarifications.

• What is DD cogging anyway?

• Also, does any game use the rumble motors on the f1 wheel?

• Do you mean the engines inside the steering wheel, like the Clubsport Formula V2 steering wheel?

• Yes, also driving right now with the anti clogging filter turned off and it feels way better

• I play the iRacing simulator and it uses the engines inside Formula V2.

Although now my steering wheel is not working.

• Same here since two weeks. In iracin and Assetto Corsa. Today even without FanaLab running. Had it after a training/qualy session and the Base stopped working after session change to race. Today it happend in the 4th lap in iracing....

• Hey guys,I’ve had my csl elite v1.1 base for a few months, and out of nowhere it shows no signs of life, no light on top of the power button, no calibration. The power brick still has its light on so there is still electricity going through it. it’s plugged in to all the right places, i turned it off normally yesterday and it hasn’t been working since. Can anyone help???

• Yeah I notice this slight vibration as well after updating to 356 (forced to because needed for this endurance module...). It's when you just hold the wheel but it also seems to get bad on the straight at high speed. This doesn't seem to "oscillation" and damping/FEI settings don't help it's more some rumble in the motor you feel on your hands, quite annoying. The 346 driver was fine. Does that not have this anticogging filter?

• Hi all,

Got my DD1 last week but maybe someone can help me with an issue. I have a McLaren GT3 wheel with the QR but when I use it on the DD1, I get reduced torque. I also swapped out the QR from the F1 wheel to it and still the same, the DD1 wheelbase thinks that the wheel has a simple quick release. How would I go about using the McLaren wheel with full torque? I like the bigger size of the GT3 wheel so I would really like to use this with full torque.

Thanks!

• Remove the metal QR. On the right there is a hole with a contact plate, that one seems to get stuck and still sends a signal to the Base that it's pushed. Take an allen key or something similar and push a few times against the plate and make sure it's fully coming back and doesn't stuck anymore. Then reattach the QR and you should get High Trq :)

• edited May 2020

That was it Maurice. I pressed it several times with an allen key, mounting it but it still gave me low torque. I had to take the whole wheel apart and check what was going on. Apparently, it is connected as a button -- I pressed it several times on the board and tried mounting it and voila, high torque with my GT3 wheel!

When pressing with the allen key, the small plate would get out of place and dislodged so I couldn't really press it to trigger the button press on the board side.

Thanks again Maurice!

• Another question from a new DD owner. I currently have my OLED displaying the graph(?) of values. What does M and Mpk stand for? Also, what does it mean when I get negative values for both? Going through Eau Rouge and Raidillon, I usually would get -8.0 Nm, what does the negative value mean as opposed to a positive value?

• edited May 2020

EDIT: wrong place in the forum...

• Hi!

Im receiving a dd2 tomorrow, and i am not very sure about wich driver version should i use. Last beta version in this forum is 365, but in the product download i can only see the 352. I would like to have the performance update so im not considering the stable releases.

Wich one should i use?

Thanks!

• I received my DD1 a couple of weeks ago and even with no power, when I turn the wheel with a light touch, I can feel some clear notchiness, like gears. When the power is on, it's more prominent, but not so much during racing. The INT settings makes a huge difference in that aspect and it smoothens it. I have it at 6. Does anyone have that same cogging/notchy feeling? I'm wondering if my unit is defective or is this the torque ripple?

• That's the normal Cogging which outrunner motors typically have.

• Anyone seen an issue where everything with the DD1 works as expected, Except the steering rotation axis is not detected in the Driver or any games??

Mine stopped in ATS after about 1 hour total usage, and I cant get it responding again??

• I am quite upset at the moment thanks to my Podium DD1 (PS4) arcing out and completely failing.

The whole gear is 6 months old and has only been installed and used for 2 months.

• Hi Maurice and Marcel,

I have a DD2 that works flawlessly since I bought it beginning of 2019. I have been using it since the beginning og the year with Podium Porsche GT3 Wheel also with any king of problem until yesterday when during a LeMans race in iRacing it simply stopped working, did not respond to inputs and lost all of its FFB. I was with VR glasses and I could not see if it it lost its power entirely because when it happend I hit the emergency button and turned it back on asap to get back to the race ( and it worked ok since with no additional problems...) I use the latest Beta drivers and firmware available. I see some here that other people suffered similar problems but It did not find any explanation or solution to make this not happen anymore, is there a explanation and a solution for this?

• Hello everyone, I would like to ask for an info:

I have just received my DD2 and waiting for the F1 2020 steering I am updating the base etc ... On power up I notice that he makes an hourly rotation of 360 degrees to return to the center ... in the videos on youtube I see that he does 90 degrees and then go back to the center ... why?

• Normal. Calibration procedure depends on how the QR is mounted in relation to the position sensor. Some bases calibrate 45° and some calibrate 360°

• thanks a lot .... however it seems strange to me, I see them all at 90 degrees ... is it so rare 360? mine from about 200 degrees, stops for a moment then continues to the center ... yours, for example, how does it do it?

• It's perfectly normal. I have one DD2 here which makes 45° calibration run and one base which makes 360°.

Dont worry about it and enjoy your DD :)

• thank you very much, i can't wait for the f1 2020 steering ... do you have 2 DD2?

• Hi,

since today I experience a problem with my DD1.

As I turning heavy left turn I hear a repetitive metallic click. I can feel It in the rim as well.

Any ideas about what could It be or what could I try to get rid of It?

My gear

DD1 with Porsche Endurance rim

FW 670 Base

FW 38 Motor

FW 5 WOR

FW 2 Podium Hub

• Guys I am a bit panicked ... and I would like to understand ... now I received the steering wheel and I notice that when I turn on a minimum of roughness there is and then I perceive very subtle micro vibrations (I don't know how else to call them) even if I just support the hand ... is everything normal?