Podium Wheel Bases (and Racing Wheels) discussion

Comments

• Marcel PfisterMarcel Pfister Member, Administrator

It got replaced by 356, thats why he says at least.

• After using my DD1 a view days now and having the common issues other people describe here, I decided to retreat from the purchase within the 14 days that are given buy law.

I wrote an email to [email protected] to tell them that I retreat but did not get an answer till now.

I also checked my spam order.

I am sure that I need a processing number or something to send the DD1 back and I don´t want to wait until the 14 days I am allowed to give it back elapse.

So please tell me whats the common way to do!

Thanks for helping me,

Martina

• You did it correctly, it just takes time these days to get an answer.

• So at last I have got my answer form Fanatec (thanks to Julia Glasl!) and I can send my DD1 back!

I also wanted to thank Maurice Böschen and Marcel Pfisterer for their work!

I know its a hard work to manage this things and those times don´t make it easier!

Maybe not in the near future, but there will come times again when I will be buying Fanatec!

• I need some help. I just recently got the DD2 and the BMW GT2 wheel. The site says that the DD2 is PlayStation only and the GT2 is Xbox. The setup works just fine for iRacing. I downloaded Forza 7 for PC and nothing works? I am a newbie when it comes to this. Will Forza 7 not work with this setup? Do can I play xbox games at all? Since the DD2 is PlayStation only, do I have to buy a wheel compatible to PlayStation to use with the DD2 in order to play PlayStation games? Any help or guidance will be appreciated.

• Ehm, seems you completely misread the Webshop pages. The DD2 is NOT PS4 compatible and the BMW is NOT Xbox compatible... The DD2 is only PC compatible and also Xbox compatible with a Xbox compatible steering wheel, which the BMW is NOT.

So, with your combo you can actually ONLY play on pc and not on any console.

For Forza you may need to set the DD into CSW compatibility mode according to the manual.

• Hristo GoshevHristo Goshev Member
    edited April 2020

DD2 is not compatible to any PlayStation console and cannot be upgraded to achieve compatibility.

BMW GT2 is compatible with PC and is PS4 ready, which means you need a PS4 compatible base(CSL Elite wheel base + or Podium Racing Wheel F1)

• I misstated the compatibility and I appreciate the correction.  I do not own an Xbox and am trying to play Forza 7 which I downloaded to my PC. The game is not recognizing my Fanatec products. Shouldn't I be able to play games that I download to my PC?

You need to put the DD base into COMP V2.5 mode as described in the manual. This should help to get it working with FM7

• Ok, I will try to figure out how to do that. Thank you.

• I got the wheelbase changed to Comp V2.5. Some buttons work in Forza 7 and steering only works when the car is rolling with no other input. The pedals and shifting do not work. I checked input options in the game and set to Comp V2.5. Any idea what I need to do? If I use "W" on the keyboard to accelerate, the steering gets glitchy but when I release "W" steering goes back to normal. Very weird.

• edited April 2020

Hi all/Fanatec!

i'm looking for a first wheel base and i want to buy a decent (for pc)!

i read some reviews about fanatec and they come out real strong in comparisation with some other brands!

The problem is i don't know which one to buy... i was thinking about the csw 2.5 and the dd1.

The price, i want to know if the price difference is worth it,

also i noticed, you can only buy the podium f1 wheel (the blue one 😃) is only obtainable with the dd2, or am i wrong?

otherwise i would go for the F2 wheel which is also awesome and probably cheaper xD!

The pedals, the loadcell kit is this a big diffenrence or would you guys say that it is not necessary?

Can you guys help me out 😁??

Thx in advance!

• Well, I just sent a report to the Fanatec Support as I haven't gotten a single minute on my DD1 before it completely gave up and failed on me.

TL:DR

• Tried updating to 256 + newest fanalabs driver
    • Wheel would act extremely erratically and would constantly disconnect and reconnect
    • Tried reinstalling, clearing reg, swapping USB ports on PC and downgrading drivers/fanalab
    • With the old driver the wheel wouldnt pop up at all
    • Tried to reflash wheel by holding power button for 8 seconds
    • Reflash program failed and DD1 has now completely failed.
    • Used to push fan 100% when turned on but will now no longer turn on.

Really disappointed that something like this would happen just through updating the software/firmware. Especially something that is upwards of $1200.

Hi, did you hear back from support yet? I would like trying to help you if the problem is still there.

Start simple and with a stable driver and not the beta one.

1. Install driver 346 like you did before
    2. When the hardware is not shown, open the installer and run the repair function of the driver.
    3. Open the driver, hardware should be found then.
    4. GO to the update tab and downgrade the firmware.

Just in case you need a more detailed description, here is a instructions PDF which also goes into detail in the trouble shooting section.

• If I want to make rF2 FFB feel less grainy should I use the FFB Interpolation setting, Force Feedback Intensity or the in game smoothing? What are the differences between these?

• I would try to find a sweetspot with Interpolation and FEI. With Motor FW 38 for me INT at 4 and FEI at 80 work the best.

• Jairo LealJairo Leal Member
    edited April 2020

Any one able to feel the podium wheelbase's cooling fan vibrations through the wheel? I have the dd1 with the formula 1 rim. When I'm not in game, and I put my hands on the wheel I feel a vibration that I am assuming is coming from the cooling fans in the wheelbase. At certain turn angles of the wheel the vibration is more pronounced that others (possibly the cables running inside the steering shaft making contact with the shaft more?). I can also feel the vibrations in-game. You would think it's not a big deal but the vibrations feel exactly the same as when the INT setting is at 0 and the ffb feels grainy. Because of this it is hard to tell in-game if I need more INT to get rid of the remaining graininess or if its just the wheelbase fans. Would it be possible to have a fan-less mode under a certain ffb strength setting? I run mine at 50.

• Do you feel vibration if you put your hand at the back of the wheel base without attached steering wheel?

• So, I couldn't get my dd2 and BMW wheel to work with the PC version of Forza 7. I set the BMW wheel to Comp V2.5 and nothing worked. I ordered and just received the F1 XBOX specific steering wheel and nothing. I set the wheel to Xbox mode and nothing. I set it to and I get steering only. no pedals. What am I doing wrong? I have spent a crap ton of money and all I can play is iRacing. Someone please help.

• Yes, if I detach the wheel and put my hands on the back or sides of the dd1, I feel a very similar vibration but not as pronounced to what I feel on the wheel when it is attached.

• Never mind about the fans being the problem, it seems to be the motor itself. I went back to the 346 drivers and the vibrations are less. It's odd, I don't know if it's something all dd motors do because I've only ever had the DD1. Whenever the wheel is still there's a slight vibration through the wheel. And at certain turn angles like between 10-11 o'clock on my wheel there is a stronger vibration than normal. Anyways, any way to reduce the notchiness feeling during rotation?

• I also feel this:

"Whenever the wheel is still there's a slight vibration through the wheel."

I have a DD2 base with 356 driver.

• Hristo GoshevHristo Goshev Member
    edited April 2020

ignore

• Any way to change that filter and get rid of the vibration?

• you can erase the motor calibration to run the DD without Anti-Cogging-Filter. This will, obviously, increase the cogging but could potentially remove the vibrations - if they are related to ACV.

• Could you please explain to me what filtering would be.

• I also run my DD2 without ACV because ACV gives me other issues like a bad friction on the first millimeter of movement. Running the motor without ACV wont harm the DD and you can always re-calibrate the motor (which you should even do after every Motor Firmware Update anyway - if you want to use ACV).

• Thank you Maurice.

I am not very skilled in these matters, could you tell me how to do this?

I have a problem with my Formula V2 steering wheel, at certain angles of the steering wheel or track vibrations it locks all functions, revleds, oled panel, buttons, switches, advanced paddle, the vibration motor inside it is locked vibrating, do you think may be related to this filter ??