CSL DD - Turns itself off after a few mins (complete power off)

Hi All

I hope that all are well and thank you for reading this post. Got an issue with a recent purchase and of course getting nothing from customer support, so wanted to ask here .......... I hope someone can help please.

We Got the Maclaren GTV2 and the CSL pedals plus the CSL DD with the 8NM Boost for Xmas. Plugged it all in to the PC and all seen by the software nicely, and updated the firmware to the latest. All booted up fine and Started to play a few a games on the PC and seemed to be working, until the DD just powered off. This was on lots of different games and does the same thing on PC and on Xbox............... This does this before one lap is finished and often even in the set up phase before the start of the race.

Its like it's shutting itself down because of an overheat, but does not feel overly hot, and is doing it before 1 lap so not like there is any real use to get it hot!

We didn't update the firmware on the DD / Motor without the wheel on which some seem to recommend (what could i do about that if i needed to?) - There was nothing that we saw in the setup guides to need this (did we miss this?).

There is no warning and the power goes off and light goes off with no warning (ie flashing lights etc) and is identical on Xbox and PC

Pedals continue to work fine when connected separately to the PC.

Had a look at the shaft and everything is tight.

Anyone any ideas ?? Is it a DD hardware or could it be a firmware issue? Anyone seen this please?

I've seen one video online on this and its the same issue as ours (the DD literally just powers off without warning) but there is no commentary on it and i cant see another thread on this

Any help very very gratefully received so thank you

Comments