Introducing our first officially licensed racing wheel for PlayStation®4 (PS4™) - UPDATE 1

Comments

• Hi there, my only one concern about this new wheel and the one I am waiting to make my change from my oldest G25 with the almighty Cronusmax Plus (good solution for those guy like me were waiting for something from Fanatec) is with the games supports for me the most importan part will we have the same response in upgrades or we going to be seconds like the wheel release? And another one, will the new CLS like price wheel is a some replica like the awesome BMW GT2?

Regards,
    just upgrade to whatever fanatec wheel you desire, and upgrade to the new cronusmax drivehub LOL... so sick of being dicked around by console makers and bull licensing ordeals that do nothing but screw consumers into having a closet full of the same accessories that only work on one product... I can see game controllers only being exclusive... but having to buy multiple 500+ dollar wheels because you want to enjoy ps4 and xbox racing games... pure hogwash! Call me spammy or whatever, I've given fanatec THOUSANDS of dollars, and have convinced many  people to buy their products!
  • I was waiting for the Playstation CLS in order to get the updated wheel and base. But it'll only get used on a PC.  Now they've come out with an updated PC/Xbox wheel.  But still no sign of the updated wheel base.  They also came out with a new bundle for the PC/Xbox with the new wheel but the fancier wheel base from the CSW.  But the price is too high for me, plus the fact that the wheel base doesn't come standard with a table clamp. It'll be well over $700 with the Fanatec table Clamp.  No Thank You
  • Well Fanatec said will be a good idea wait the CLS PS4 and news wheels they gonna have before the PC2 launch in september 22 and if the new P1 Elite is and example of the quality I think is a good idea too. So have a little patience.

I was waiting for the Playstation CLS in order to get the updated wheel and base. But it'll only get used on a PC.  Now they've come out with an updated PC/Xbox wheel.  But still no sign of the updated wheel base.  They also came out with a new bundle for the PC/Xbox with the new wheel but the fancier wheel base from the CSW.  But the price is too high for me, plus the fact that the wheel base doesn't come standard with a table clamp. It'll be well over $700 with the Fanatec table Clamp.  No Thank You

• Ivan NigroIvan Nigro Member
    edited August 2017
    Is there a possibility to update the firmware with os x?
  • Is there a possibility to update the firmware with os x?
    Drivers and hence firmware updates are only available for Windows.
  • Ivan NigroIvan Nigro Member
    edited August 2017
    Do you know if the wheel base will support next gen "PS5"? i'm scared to invest my money for a product that will be no longer supported in 1 or 2 years. 

Thanks
  • Do you know if the wheel base will support next gen "PS5"? i'm scared to invest my money for a product that will be no longer supported in 1 or 2 years. 

Thanks
    Nobody knows, as that is completely up to Sony to decide.
  • Have your PS4 wheel plus bought the F1 wheel and V3 pedals. Just received my PS4 F1 2017 and can't get either wheel or pedals working despite it being connected to my PS4 Pro and working perfectly with Project Cars.

Have followed the steps and went through the F1 2017 pages:
    GAME OPTIONS - SETTINGS - CUSTOMISE CONTROLS - CONTROL SCHEMES

Found an on screen Youtube video than shows a comprehensive list of all the wheels the game supports which can then be scrolled through and edited.

THATS FINE - only my CONTROL SCHEMES PAGEjust  shows DUAL SHOCK 4 WIRELESS CONTROLLER PRESET 1 AND PRESET 2,
    NO WHEEL LISTINGS

Codemasters emailed back to say that I may have to manually set up each individual action and then save ( press X wait for awaiting input message to appear and then press the appropriate control such as pedal. accelerator etc but nothing is registering )

Have Fanatic tried setting up a ps4 wheel with this game and how do I configure it. I thought it would simply be a case of plugging the wheel into the ps4 and it would be supported automatically OR IS MY GAME DISK FAULTY?

Advice appreciated please.

Thanks
    Mike

• Gents, After a few months with my new wheel, it is still not working on assetto corsa. Fanatec doesn't care about my problem, and they stopped respond me weeks ago. I tried everything but I am desesperate about this wheel because it is not even recognized in assetto... Does anyone can help me?
  • Gents, After a few months with my new wheel, it is still not working on assetto corsa. Fanatec doesn't care about my problem, and they stopped respond me weeks ago. I tried everything but I am desesperate about this wheel because it is not even recognized in assetto... Does anyone can help me?
    What was the last answer you got from Fanatex Support? Saying that they do not care is not true, but if a game does not recognize your controller on PS4 while another game does, it means that your wheel works fine and the game is the problem. This is not for Fanatec to solve, but for the maker of the game, i.e. Kunos.
  • just received my new wheels today , done the firmware update and everything else ................... , and I can't do nothing !!!

Asseto Corsa : everything work ....except the pedals ( clubsport V1.0) , no ingame menu for calibrate or activate it

Project Cars : wheels not recognized by the game ..... stopped at the start menu ( press X to start !!! ) and all games updates done !!

Dirt Rally : everything works .....except the force feedback

for now , I think I just bought a very expensive PS4 pad
    after 4 Fanatec wheels , I'm very disappointed with this one ........!!!

CSL Elite PS4 + Porsche 918 RSR wheel + Shifter Clubsport V1.5 + Clubsport pedals V1.0

• just received my new wheels today , done the firmware update and everything else ................... , and I can't do nothing !!!

Asseto Corsa : everything work ....except the pedals ( clubsport V1.0) , no ingame menu for calibrate or activate it

Project Cars : wheels not recognized by the game ..... stopped at the start menu ( press X to start !!! ) and all games updates done !!

CSL Elite PS4 + Porsche 918 RSR wheel + Shifter Clubsport V1.5 + Clubsport pedals V1.0

The CSL Elite PS4 did not exist when those games were made and published. Hence, they won't support the wheel and all its features until support is added, or you use for example the CSW v2 profile in those games (but I don't know how flexible console games are in that respect).
  • edited September 2017
    just received my new wheels today , done the firmware update and everything else ................... , and I can't do nothing !!!

For the AC problem: Do you have your pedals connected to the correct PEDAL port on the wheel base? Also did you checked if the connection of the PS/2 cable on the pedal socket is fine? PS/2 has the disadvantage that the connection can be lost very quickly, hence the upgrade to RJ12 on newer pedals. PS/2 to RJ12 cable is necessary for this.

For Project CARS and Dirt Rally: This sounds like you started the game in PS4 mode (blue LED). Those games must be started with the CSW V2 Compatibility mode (pruple LED) which can be toggled via the MODE button.
    Please try again with the wheel base in Compatibility mode and select CSW V2 preset in the games.
  • For the AC problem: Do you have your pedals connected to the right PEDAL port on the wheel base? Also did you checked if the connection of the PS/2 cable on the pedal socket is fine? PS/2 has the disadvantage that the connection can be lost very quickly, hence the upgrade to RJ12 on newer pedals. PS/2 to RJ12 cable is necessary for this.

For Project CARS and Dirt Rally: This sounds like you started the game in PS4 mode (blue LED). Those games must be started with the CSW V2 Compatibility mode (pruple LED) which can be toggled via the MODE button.
    Please try again with the wheel base in Compatibility mode and select CSW V2 preset in the games.
    for Project Cars ans Dirt , since my post , I found in a post a few pages ago the tips for "compatibility mode" , so that's ok now ;-)

for Asseto Corsa , yes the pedals are connected to the right port and work fine on other games , it's just with AC that they just do nothing ( no gas , no broke , no clutch ..... , nothing :-( )
    I check all the connection and everything is ok

thanks for help

• For the AC problem: Do you have your pedals connected to the right PEDAL port on the wheel base? Also did you checked if the connection of the PS/2 cable on the pedal socket is fine? PS/2 has the disadvantage that the connection can be lost very quickly, hence the upgrade to RJ12 on newer pedals. PS/2 to RJ12 cable is necessary for this.

for Project Cars ans Dirt , since my post , I found in a post a few pages ago the tips for "compatibility mode" , so that's ok now ;-)

for Asseto Corsa , yes the pedals are connected to the right port and work fine on other games , it's just with AC that they just do nothing ( no gas , no broke , no clutch ..... , nothing :-( )
    I check all the connection and everything is ok

thanks for help

well then it's an issue with Assetto Corsa. Please post the issue in the official Assetto Corsa Console Forum so Kunos can hopefully fix that iwth a future patch. I only have CSP v3i and CSL Elite pedals and both are working fine with AC on the PS4, could be possible that Kunos didnt implemented proper support for CSP v1?! Dont know for sure. But as they work in other games there is at least no hardware problem with your new wheel base.
  • Have your PS4 wheel plus bought the F1 wheel and V3 pedals. Just received my PS4 F1 2017 and can't get either wheel or pedals working despite it being connected to my PS4 Pro and working perfectly with Project Cars.

Found an on screen Youtube video than shows a comprehensive list of all the wheels the game supports which can then be scrolled through and edited.

THATS FINE - only my CONTROL SCHEMES PAGEjust  shows DUAL SHOCK 4 WIRELESS CONTROLLER PRESET 1 AND PRESET 2,
    NO WHEEL LISTINGS

Codemasters emailed back to say that I may have to manually set up each individual action and then save ( press X wait for awaiting input message to appear and then press the appropriate control such as pedal. accelerator etc but nothing is registering )

Have Fanatic tried setting up a ps4 wheel with this game and how do I configure it. I thought it would simply be a case of plugging the wheel into the ps4 and it would be supported automatically OR IS MY GAME DISK FAULTY?

Thanks
    Mike

Hi
    I found that the f1 rim wouldnt work either but figured out a work around. I think the problem is that because the f1 rim does not have a 'PS' button you cannot sign in to your playstation 4 profile with the f1 rim. What I do is put the ps4 elite rim on the base first, turn on the ps4 then turn on the wheel. If it doesn't sign in to your profile automatically then press the 'PS' button on the elite rim. Now remove the elite rim and put the f1 rim on. Start f1 2017 and all should be good. I don't know if there is a better way to do it but this works for me.
  • edited September 2017
    new tests this evening

Asseto Corsa , Project Cars and Dirt Rally : Clubsport pedals V1.0 doesnt work at all ( PS4 mode for AC and Compatibility mode for the others )

Sebastien Loeb Rally : pedals work , but theres a lot of troubleshooting in the base and the wheel so I stop my test quickly ...

The Crew : perfect , everything work perfectly ........... too bad that's only the arcade game who work fine and not the simulation ... !!!

for all these games (except Asseto corsa ) , the clubsport pedals V1.0 work perfectly when it was on my Clubsport wheelbase V2.0 !!!!
  • David,press the d-pad button down, it is the "ps"button.
  • David,press the d-pad button down, it is the "ps"button.
    And there you go. a much easier solution that makes me look like a complete idiot lol!
    Seriously though thanks for the tip
  • Got a feeling we are close to US release. Please tell me its this week.
    What was the last answer you got from Fanatex Support? Saying that they do not care is not true, but if a game does not recognize your controller on PS4 while another game does, it means that your wheel works fine and the game is the problem. This is not for Fanatec to solve, but for the maker of the game, i.e. Kunos.
    That was the last answer : "We did more tests and we have been able to reproduce the issue. We will now hand over our results and knowledge about the issue to our firmware developers. Would you please be so kind to give us 2-3 days of time to work on a solution. " That was the last mail, 3rd of July. I sent more than 10 mails by the meantime, no more answer... So in my opinion they don't care now. As the wheel is working for everyone on assetto corsa, but not mine, the problem is not from the game, but from the wheel/software. Maybe it is some kind of stupid thing to make it work but I tried all I can..
  • Let's hope we are close to a release or this could be the first Gran Turismo game I don't get to play on day one. I will not play without a wheel and I really don't want to use the Cronusmax. Please make it happen. We have just over a month until release day.

Thanks

NO WHEEL LISTINGS

Thanks
    Mike

Hi
    I found that the f1 rim wouldnt work either but figured out a work around. I think the problem is that because the f1 rim does not have a 'PS' button you cannot sign in to your playstation 4 profile with the f1 rim. What I do is put the ps4 elite rim on the base first, turn on the ps4 then turn on the wheel. If it doesn't sign in to your profile automatically then press the 'PS' button on the elite rim. Now remove the elite rim and put the f1 rim on. Start f1 2017 and all should be good. I don't know if there is a better way to do it but this works for me.
    PS4 F1 2017 game has an update patch so wheel now working although yet to find a good balance using the F1 wheel as shock motors still active even wet SHO is set to OFF. Only way I have been able to reduce the shock motors is by reducing the FOR setting but that is also reducing the strength of the Force Feedback. There is a new FEI update for the PS4 wheel so maybe that may work but it would have been more helpful if Fanatec could advise the best settings both within the wheel but also the many adjustable settings within the game itself

• 10 days until pcars2...still hoping North America will see this wheel in time.

I love Fanatec products. I refuse to purchase another brand because I know it is money well spent. But it is very, very, very frustrating to see the competition with a Sony solution available since 2014, and hoping to have a Fanatec product that I can use with my PS4 in late Q3 2017.

Hope springs eternal...
  • edited September 2017
    10 days until pcars2...still hoping North America will see this wheel in time.

I love Fanatec products. I refuse to purchase another brand because I know it is money well spent. But it is very, very, very frustrating to see the competition with a Sony solution available since 2014, and hoping to have a Fanatec product that I can use with my PS4 in late Q3 2017.

Hope springs eternal...
    Any day would be fine with me my friend. Nascar Heat showed up early, been in box since Saturday. Got PC2 and GT Sport on the way. would have already bought Dirt 4 but no wheel yet!
  • 10 days until pcars2...still hoping North America will see this wheel in time.

Hope springs eternal... 
     Ya it stinks as Sony is greedy. Thank thrustmaster for that. Sold My CSW base v2 Thanks to losing Ps4 support. Don't be surprised if Sony makes Fantec wait until the new Thrustmaster gt wheel releases Oct 17 before the Ps4 Elite is allowed to be sold in the US. 
  • Rocky  BurneyRocky Burney Member
    edited September 2017
    Yeah, it was frustrating when Sony moved the goalposts. But that was two years ago, going on three.

"No products in this category or none matching your platform filter!" :(
    That was the last answer : "We did more tests and we have been able to reproduce the issue. We will now hand over our results and knowledge about the issue to our firmware developers. Would you please be so kind to give us 2-3 days of time to work on a solution. " That was the last mail, 3rd of July. I sent more than 10 mails by the meantime, no more answer... So in my opinion they don't care now. As the wheel is working for everyone on assetto corsa, but not mine, the problem is not from the game, but from the wheel/software. Maybe it is some kind of stupid thing to make it work but I tried all I can..
    When trying to play AC, are you sure the base is in PS mode, blue light? When you're in game options screen, do you see a wheel or Dual shock. Controller?
  • Justin GayJustin Gay Member
    edited September 2017
    Thanks for releasing the US version for pre-order and delivery before GT Sport!  Much appreciated. I just ordered mine.