Fanatec Driver 451 (Current Official Release) for CSL, CSW and Podium WB (all wheels)
How to report issues:
If you report a driver or firmware issue, please make cross checks:
- Update driver and FW separately to isolate an issue and find out if caused by driver OR firmware.
- Which driver OR firmware shows the issue
- Which driver OR firmware does not show the issue
- Check if you can reproduce the issue again if you go back to the version which seems to have caused the issue
- Check if the issue is related to specific settings of for example the tuning menu. Is it happening more or less with a specific setting raised or lowered?
- Post the answers gathered from the questions above + a short description of the issue including the following info:
- Wheel Base Model (product ID): ...
- Steering Wheel Model (product ID): ....
- Driver Version: ....
- Base FW Version: ....
- Motor FW Version: ....
- Wheel FW Version: ....
- FanaLab Version: ....
- Tuning Menu settings
- Driver/FanaLab installed on C: drive or else?
- With driver related issues collect log files and zip them from C:\Users\Public\Fanatec Logs
Changelog of driver 451 (since 450)
Firmware versions included
- Podium DD1 / DD2 Base: 184.108.40.206
- Podium DD1 / DD2 Motor: 220.127.116.11
- CSL DD / GT DD PRO Base: 18.104.22.168
- CSL DD / GT DD PRO Motor: 22.214.171.124
- CSW V1 Base: 692
- CSW V2 Base: 692
- CSW V2.5 Base: 692
- CSL E Base: 692
- CSL E Base PS4: 692
- CSL / CSW Motor: 22
- Podium BMW M4 GT3: 8
- Podium HUB: 6
- Podium BME: 22
- CS SW Formula V2(X), V2.5(X): 46
- CS SW RS: 4
- CS SW BMW V2: 3
- CS UH V2 / UHX V2: 2
- CS SW F1 Esports V2: 5
- GT DD PRO SW: 8
- CSL SW McLaren GT3 V2: 46
- CSL SW McLaren GT3: 36
- CSL SW WRC: 4
- CSL UH: 8
- CS P V3: 1.35
- CSL EP V2: 1.6
- CSL EP LCK: 1.13
- CSL P LCK: 1.8
- USB Adapter Handbrake mode: 1.10 (NEW)
- Fixed UI freeze/crash with pedals connected and when going to the pedals page.
- Fixed issue of incorrect steering angle shown (-1080°) when opening the driver with wheel turned completely to the left.
- UI now shows current maximum torque in Nm depending on the FFB strength settings set in the Tuning Menu. On the Podium DD it's also dependent on the connected wheel and the torque key, therefore the torque value is only shown with a steering wheel connected.
- Wheel Base page is now always shown for easier access to trouble shooting tips if needed which was more difficult to find when other devices were still connected.
- Included additional hint info for Standard/Advanced Tuning Menu toggle to explain that Setup 1 will be reset when going back to Standard mode.
- Increased the timer to show hint texts until mouse is moved away.
- Other minor improvements.
USB Adapter Handbrake Mode
- Added manual min/max calibration for the handbrake connected to the USB Adapter. Firmware update of USB Adapter required.
Tray App (optional installation)
Latest version of FanatecApp on Android/iOS required as well, more info about the app on: https://fanatec.com/eu-en/app
- Fixed Tray App icon not shown in the Tray since Windows 11 "Moment 2" update.
- Fixed several issues with the SEN slider, including a crash which could happen while switching between Standard and Advanced Tuning Menu mode.
- Fixed default values resetting to wrong values while switching between Standard and Advanced Tuning Menu mode.
- Fixed an issue where only Green FlagLEDs were working in the Dashboard, now all FlagLED colors are working.
- Fixed non-working ACP radio buttons. Now the radio button is reflecting the actual status of the chosen ACP setting and it's now also possible to change the ACP setting in the App which previously had no effect at all.
- Now possible to switch between Standard and Advanced Tuning Menu through Mobile App.
- Now possible to reset Tuning Menu settings through Mobile App.
- If you had issues with the Control Panel UI crashing: Re-download the driver below (it got updated) -> uninstall the current version -> Install the new driver 451.
- When entering a game menu while driving it can happen in some games that the FFB effect doesn't get canceled which results in the wheel turning to one side. (this got now fixed for the Podium DD but can still happen on the CSL DD. We will now apply the fix for the CSL DD as well)
- Natural friction can start to feel weird after some time of driving. In case you experience issues with NFR, we suggest to turn it OFF for now. (this got now fixed for the Podium DD but can still happen on the CSL DD. We will now apply the fix for the CSL DD as well)
- The steering input jump issue was greatly improved so the issue happens a lot less than before. Full fix expected for one of the next versions.
Compatible FanaLab Version